“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #57 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Toledo, Ohio
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I just returned home from a 4 day stay, and the best thing about this hotel is the staff! The location and price are great as well, but the staff here made our stay memorable! Tonya at the front desk saved our day when we got left behind by our swamp tour, she promptly booked us with a different company, made arrangements for our cab when we were leaving, and even took care of our bags after check out so we could enjoy our last day without worrying about them! Every staff member we encountered from the doorman to the maids and bartender were extremely polite and went out of their way to do whatever they could for us, and being in customer service myself, I understand how important, and even trying it can be. There was even a brand new employee ( only his 2nd day) who went above and beyond his duty making sure our needs were met. I cant remember his name unfortunately. Rooms are very clean and location is great, but we will stay here again due to the exceptional staff! See you in October!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank darkkitten

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My spouse and I stayed with our kids, 14 and 6, during the week. The location is great but I suggest you take a courtyard room rather that street balcony as it's close enough to the party scene to be woken up by revelers. Also, the garbage and street cleaning crew come by noisily at 3:30 and 5am.

The bathroom did not have a fan and it's door was louvered rather than solid which compromised privacy a bit. The two beds were small, a full size rather than Queen. Otherwise, a nice hotel within walking distance to everything in the French Qtr.

Room Tip: Get an interior room for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank c j
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Just returned from my very first trip to New Orleans and so glad I chose Hotel St. Marie. The staff was absolutely wonderful and welcoming! The location was great, only a block from Bourbon, I could see the Funky 544 from our balcony. Everything was within reasonable walking distance, as far as the French Quarter goes . I do wish the rooms had a mini fridge/microwave, but no biggie. I will definitely be coming back here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Amber R
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from New Orleans where we spent 5 nights at the Hotel Ste. Marie. We had a fantastic time - but, it was made even better by the terrific service we received from both Brad & Jen.

They definitely went "over & beyond" in their efforts to make sure our stay went extemely smoothly.

We are already in the planning stages of our return trip to this hotel, and will certainly recommend it to anyone wondering where to stay in New Orleans.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Judy J
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2014

From the moment we entered, it was like being transported to an earlier golden age. Crown moulding, lush wallpaper, good furniture, lovely art, and not a modern looking thing in sight - unless you count the computer in a small corner of the tourist information area close to the front deak. The room was spacious and well-appointed. We had a balcony overlooking the lush inner courtyard wih a pool. Staff were lovely and very helpful. Parking is by valet, and does cost extra, but considering we were close to Bourbon Street and in the French Quarter, worth it. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that the inner courtyard was not kept consistently clean of debris and teh pool was not available during our stay because of repairs. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Balcony room is extra, but beautiful when one wants a breeze to sleep in at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Hotel St. Marie. The room was clean and the location was great. We could walk to basically everything we wanted, but it was back far enough from Bourbon street that it was quiet. Had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was amazing so I highly suggest that. The bathrooms are a little small and the doors do not lock. The doors are also not solid so if you're going with someone you don't feel comfortable with hearing you pee you might not like it. The day staff was very friendly, helpful, and funny. My only complaint however is the young man that worked the night/early morning shift at the front desk. He was just flat out rude and unhelpful, both times I interacted with him. All in all though, it was a great place to stay and if I return to New Orleans in the future it will be the first hotel I look at.

Room Tip: Ask for a street balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ohyeahtraveling
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was Awesome! My sister and I went for Mardi Gras & all the employees were so helpful. Plus, I think we caught pics of orbs in our room. .. It's still up for debate. .. Either way, we will definitely go back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends