“Love this place”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #59 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Nice room with all the essentials. Great location. Super staff. The beds were new and extremely comfortable. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. This hotel was recommended to us by a local friend and it is a find right in the French Quarter. We got a great rate on our stay and we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beth K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,963)

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The location of the hotel is great if you're wanting to visit the French Quarter and the price is relatively low. We stayed in the Junior Suite which is located oddly...on the first floor and next to the parking garage. It was somewhat noisy, which one could expect on a weekend. There were really no frills. The room was plenty big but the bathroom was very, very small. Not what I expected in a "suite". If you're price conscious, and aren't going to spend much time in your room then it really is a good value. However, on my next stay in New Orleans, I will probably will not stay here for two reasons. One, it was a little too close to the French Quarter and I don't mind the extra walking. Secondly, I might be just a little too fussy about things like wall paper peeling from the walls and outside noise.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here, ask for something on the upper level and perhaps away from the str...
1  Thank AmyLPotts
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The hotel has a nice lobby. The staff gave us a different room since we arrived earlier than the check in time. It wasn't a great favor. The room we were given on the fifth floor was tiny with low ceilings. Thank God we are not both particularly large as we would be bumping into each other. It was nothing special to write about. Location was good in the french quarters close to Bourbon St. However, we would not return again.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

located about two blocks off of bourbon street this hotel was awesome for the price. $100 a night for a king size bed with a balcony and courtyard view. location was great if you want to be close to bourbon street and we didn't hear any noise whatsoever at night when we were trying to sleep. clean and courteous service. everything was pretty much in walking distance and the area seemed very safe.

1  Thank kevin r
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night mid-week. I couldn't get over how affordable Hotel St. Marie was. I was worried the cheap mid-week price meant it would be cheap inside but it wasn't at all. Beautiful hotel. Very pretty courtyard. Hotel staff was super friendly.

Our room was sort of small but not the smallest I've ever been in New Orleans. The room had everything we needed. Loved the valet parking. I've stayed at the hotel across the street where I had to back myself out of a tiny, dark, TIGHT parking garage. It was so nice to just hand the keys over to someone else.

We'll be back for sure! Especially after seeing all the brand new beds being installed that day. Looked comfy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hollybr
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great service and rooms. Brand new queen size mattresses. Comfortable accessories. We had room service for breakfast, Fast hot breakfast at reasonable prices.

Close to everything. 1/2 block off of Bourbon Street. The staff were exceptionally helpful. I have been there before but for some reason this time seemed better. A great getaway ti relax, Because if the bad weather we stayed in the rooms most of the time..
I caught up on lots of reading..

I would have stayed an extra day but the rooms were full for Friday night.

Room Tip: There was not a fitness center as far as I know.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JRW667
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great location in the French Quarter...easy access to all restaurants, bars, shopping and sight-seeing. This hotel was very good. Our room was small but we were really only there to sleep. Next time I would have requested a room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The restaurant connected to this hotel, Vacherie, is incredible!!!! It's worth staying at the hotel just to go next door to eat at every meal. All in all, I would choose this hotel again.

2  Thank Lizainbham