“First time visit to New Orleans and Bourbon street”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #62 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I would make the hotel St Marie my hotel choice when I return to New Orleans. It is well located, close enough to the action of Bourbon street but far enough away to get a great night sleep. The hotel has new beds delivered the week we stayed. The Vacherie bar was fun and professionally tended by Sue, Tom and Victoria who really made the experience fun, interactive and informative. The bar menu was good including the blackened alligator bites.
The Vacherie dinning room service is great with very organized hard working people. The food was great too. Breakfast was fantastic.
In summary a very decent place to stay and enjoy the wonders of New Orleans.

Room Tip: Our room was a balcony room very quiet, clean with a flat screen TV with good range of channels to c...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Whyte0071

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went to NOLA for New Years Eve and stayed 4 nights. Excellent location, just off Bourbon Street with none of the Bourbon Street noise. Short walk to everything in the French Quarter. We booked a courtyard balcony room; it was spacious and clean, with free Wifi, safe, and a flat-screen. The staff was friendly and unobtrusive. The only thing that I wasn't happy with was the cafe, where we stopped for a quick lunch one day. The guy working there was unfriendly, unhelpful, and uninterested - and seemingly out of bread for a Reuben, so we went elsewhere. Wouldn't stop in there again, but the St. Marie is perfect for a holiday in the French Quarter. It is also very close to The Theatres at Canal Place, at an upscale mall, where we saw the Hobbit in 3-D - a fun experience with plush seats and servers to fill your order and bring you your popcorn and drinks, etc. Such fun!

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard balcony room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank kikis
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I recently was in New Orleans for 10 days visiting my daughter. The Hotel St. Marie was perfect. I arrived early and went to store my luggage until check in and was informed my room was ready. It had a balcony overlooking Toulouse. The room was very comfortable, clean and I loved the balcony. It was 1 block from Bourbon street and walking distance to the whole French quarter. The Vacherie restaurant and bar was also very nice. Great Bloody Marys and a wonderful bartender, Antoinette. I will definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank lvblake
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed four nights in Hotel St.Marie, room 423. Our room had a king size bed and a balcony facing the beautiful, well cared for courtyard. I would highly recommend staying in one of the quaint, courtyard hotels if you are going to stay in the French Quarter. There was no noise at night and we walked or took a pedicab to attractions and dining. The staff is friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. They were painting and replacing mattresses in many rooms while we were there. Our room had already been updated. We slept well and enjoyed the charming ambiance. We will stay here next time we visit the French Quarter.

Room Tip: choose a courtyard room, 423 has a sunny morning balcony
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EHFSheri
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The location of this can't be beat. It's 1 block off Bourbon street. The hotel itself is kind of charming, it's an older, authentic property. The room we stayed in seemed dated. The bed was older and needed replaced, and the room still had a very old tube TV. We arrived about 200 pm on a Sunday. The front desk checked us in, but said the room wasn't ready yet, but would be shortly and they would call us when it was. Checkin time is 4 pm. We walked around a bit, but decided to just wait in the lobby. It took until 350 pm to get our room. We were on the ground floor in their 600 building, which was a bad spot. The door literally opened to a small courtyard with a water fountain. During the evening, several groups of people sat in the courtyard, and we could hear everything inside the room. Yes, I know New Orleans is the party town, but not everyone is there to party. Also, we could hear everything that was going on in the bathroom next to our room, which had some very young kids taking a bath for almost 3 hours. Bottom line, it wasn't very restful, but thankfully, the noise level was fine when it was time to sleep. Parking is pricey, but the valet did provide quick service. We had our own thermostat in the room to control heat.

Room Tip: Honestly, while a courtyard room sounds appealing, there's a good chance that someone might be p...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Van D
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I always dreamed of staying in New Orleans in a quaint hotel in the French Quarter, near Bourbon Street, but away from the noise; with a balcony overlooking a quiet courtyard. By booking during the weekdays we got an incredible rate and a room with a balcony. Initially we didn't have chairs on the balcony, but the staff found a way to put 2 chairs there for us to enjoy the patio/courtyard. The decor fit the building, and could have been a bit more updated, however, the staff; service; food at room service; and available convenient parking more then made up for the decor. We would stay there again without hesitation; and would recommended it to friends!

Room Tip: Go during the week when the rates are lower; and get a courtyard room with a patio.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Nancy F
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We re-booked this room because it was the first hotel we stayed at in 2005 (before Katrina). IT IS a pretty hotel. It has a great location. I really love the staff. The staff was the best part (aside from location) about the hotel. From the GM to the gentleman who held our bags until our room was ready were wonderful. However, we paid a LOT of money for our room. For the amount of money we paid, I would expect a nicer room. The carpets were worn out, The furniture looks tired and definitely worn out. The wood furniture was nicked everywhere. There were cracks in the molding. Plus, you can hear the cleaning staff shouting and talking to each other even if they are down the hall. I don't remember the hotel being like this the first time we stayed. It was 9 years ago though, so I'm sure things do fade. I do hope that they are trying to renovate some things. Again, for the cost of this hotel, I expected more.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if they all come with it, but a room with a balcony is nice. Ours faced the courty...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends