“Such a welcome home”

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #61 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
“Such a welcome home”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Coming back to nola from leaving as a toddler was a big deal for me. The staff at Hotel St Marie was truly welcoming and made me truly feel like family. The hotel atmosphere was beautiful. Location is second to none. The rooms were cleaned daily. It was truly a memorable time

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
Francisco Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Hotel St. Marie and had a very pleasant time. Nice old historic hotel right in the middle of everything at the French Quarter. The front door is literally 20 or so foot steps off of Bourbon St. I love old hotels and this one is a nice one. Not a lot of extras at St. Marie but when your in the heart of the French Quarter your probably not going to spend a lot of time laying around the hotel. Clean room, clean hotel with a friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
virginia beach, virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our second time staying the St. Marie and we would stay again in a heartbeat. The couple that was with us last month loved this hotel too. The rate is a good value considering how close you are to Bourbon St, literally less than a two minute walk. Yet you are away from all of the noise and craziness found on Bourbon. One of the benefits is that since you are so close to everything in the French Quarter, it's a quick walk back to the hotel which allowed us to really enjoy the pool in the middle of the day (and it was HOT so this was a HUGE plus!) We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was good. The AC pumped and I mean pumped and that was another big plus. The beds were comfy, the hotel was clean and the interior courtyard was peaceful and beautiful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveldreamer1970
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall, hotel was a great place to stay and our rate was a good value. There was a restaurant and bar in the hotel, which was nice. I have to say the breakfast I had was one of the best I have ever had! The pool was nice especially on those hot/humid Nawlin's days. Our room was on the top floor and it was quiet. The only two slight negatives were Wi-Fi and housekeeping. Since our room was on the top floor in the corner, the signal was poor. However, in the lobby, bar and restaurant it was 'spot on'! We didn't have housekeeping service the last day, but it wasn't a big deal. (They seemed to come late in the afternoon) We were napping in the afternoon and we asked the person to just leave clean towels for us. Those are the only 2 reasons I gave it a 4, otherwise I say 5. Although I see complaints about the parking price...it is a city and you are going to pay for parking! Overnight parking in self-parking lots are just as expensive. They did mess up on our parking bill (had family stay and use parking there at same time), but the manager corrected it and gave us a free nights parking. I would stay here again and recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: Interior room have a small balcony, except for the top (5th) floor, which only have dormer windows...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for my 40th birthday. The location was perfect, since our only plan was to be on Bourbon Street. The room was clean and the price was fantastic, considering we were right in the middle of where we wanted to be. The staff were all super friendly, even when we came in after going out. The night crew at the front desk looked fresh and ready to go, not half asleep like some places I've been. I booked directly through the front desk because I called to check the price on parking. Some have complained about the price, but I got much higher quotes at other places. The next time we plan a girls night out, this will definitely be the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Comax C
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very nice place in the heart of The French Quarter. Our room had a balcony that that overlooked the street. Very nice for coffee in the morning.
We were only a half block from Bourbon street. Very convenient for walking everywhere in the quarter for that matter.
The hotel was older, but that adds to the charm. There are some imperfections here and there. Our room, however, had new carpet and a flat screen TV. The lobby was very pretty with old French charm.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good location in the quarter with lots of old French charm and a great value to boot.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. We loved the street side, but the interior courtyard would be very quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sweden
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Whenever i go to New Orleans this will always be where i stay, the hotel is very nice as is the staff and there not over priced, there right in the french quarter and right by bourbon. I have stayed there twice in a month and have not been let down. The only reason i didn't give 5 stars is parking is to high $31.36 tax and all is way to much per night. Room was great all the staff were great, and the best thing is it's easy to find and easy to leave. I have stayed with my fiance in a king room and with my mother in a double and both rooms were just great for the price cause New Orleans is expensive(too expensive) both times was the 3rd floor. Stayed in June then in July 2013

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple