“Great points but not my favorite accomodation”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #58 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great points but not my favorite accomodation”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I love this hotel chain btw, but the St. Marie wasn't my favorite- although still had some great points to it. Ok, so here are the downsides: rooms are extremely dark (even with a balcony room) and fairly average for a boutique hotel; staff on the whole didn't seem as friendly as other places I've stayed in NOLA. Upsides: housekeeping was very good; great attached bar; very convenient attached little bakery/deli; tasty food from kitchen; nice garden area; down the street from Bourbon but relatively quiet (I had a garden balcony room so cannot speak to the street facing rooms).
So, all in all definitely decent with no major issues but if I had my choice I wouldn't choose this hotel over some others I have stayed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank destinationxtrme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice people at the front desk. The Hotel has a small lounge with a bartender that goes by the name "Goldie". She is very informative and helpful. She knows the city and will openly share information. Hotel is located one block off Bourbon street. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the housekeeping people are very friendly and do a really good job.

Room Tip: No balcony on the 5th floor courtyard side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kyle S
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed September 21, 2012

First time at the hotel and wasn't sure about it until I checked with traveling friends and locals who knew the hotel or stayed here. We usually stay at the Royal Sonesta. It was very nice and great staff. I didn't ask for a street balcony but got one and it was very noisy with trucks making deliveries very early and street work. One night very late the young women on the next balcony came in drunk and stayed out on the balcony carrying on with the young men on a hotel balcony across the street. Mangement did come up and check on the noise and it did get better. Room was Very Nice and bedding looked good. Safe in room was a plus and the staff was amazing. Jenn, Roco and the cleaning crew were top drawer also girls in the little sandwich bar. We also like the fact that you have to have a key to get in after 10 at night. That made us feel more secure. We will stay here again but a garden balcony would be much better cause I do like to sleep after a long day.

2 Thank sherylan m
Mountain View Arkansas
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel from 10 thru 15 Sept. 2012 with a group of friends. All the plus factors posted be others still hold true. The Hotel is listed as a non smoking property ,so me being a smoker was a little concerned. When we got there we found out that you can smoke in the patio area and on the balconys.
The only complaints we have , and they are minor, is that the bath towels were very threadbare and that the coffee shop downstairs did not open until 7AM. I asked about this and found out that the cafe is not run by the Hotel but is leased to a outside company.
Would I recommend this Hotel ? Would I stay there in the future ? Yes to both.

2 Thank tvlr65
Madison,Wi
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed for five nights. I was a little concerned after reading previous reviews, but we had a great time at Hotel St. Marie. Everything was clean. The bed was comfortable. The towels fluffy and the sheets were nice. We did look at the T.V and did chuckle. It is outdated like other reviews say, but we never turned it on so I have no idea if it worked. We were always greeted by front desk staff with a smile, and housekeeping was always kind and helpful. We had a streetside balcony room. Overlooking Dauphine St. It had a table and chairs and was nice to sit out on, and watch the world go by. It was not overly noisy. However, like some previous reviews have said the garbage truck does go by sometime between 4 and 6 a.m.. This didn't bother us, but we live on a small state highway and have a railroad track about a mile away. So if you like complete quiet when you sleep, you may opt for a courtyard room. We had a drink in the bar downstairs, and had lunch one day. The food was good and staff friendly. You can't beat the location. We would stay here again and recommend it to everyone. Thank you everyone at Hotel St. Marie for a wonderful trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WannabeeSpringer
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is the first review I've ever written for Trip Advisor, but I just made the time to create an account because I wanted to say how absolutely wonderful the Hotel St. Marie is. I was there in the days immediately following Hurricane Isaac.
My room was spotless, the bar downstairs is great (though the staff in the cafe next door could learn a thing or 12 about customer service), and the hotel staff was simply some of the best I've ever seen. Certainly among the best in New Orleans. In chatting up one of them, I learned that many of them hadn't been home for days because of the storm. You'd never have known. They were courteous, respectful and full of great tips on things to do in the city...including things to do outside of the Quarter. Just THE BEST.

1 Thank M S
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have to say I was very impressed with the service,location,& the beautiful pool in the courtyard! The bell captain was as sweet as can be! His name was Jeremy! Every spot he sent us to was just fabulous!! I mean when u talk customer service that is truly a man with a lot of wisdom of his city&nothing but positive things to say about why we should stay at the hotel st.marie! Other bellman&valets were also very nice! My husband and I would make this the place to be!! Thanks to someone being very informational&the hotel being in a great location I would def. stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012