“Nice and Friendly”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #61 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel from 10 thru 15 Sept. 2012 with a group of friends. All the plus factors posted be others still hold true. The Hotel is listed as a non smoking property ,so me being a smoker was a little concerned. When we got there we found out that you can smoke in the patio area and on the balconys.
The only complaints we have , and they are minor, is that the bath towels were very threadbare and that the coffee shop downstairs did not open until 7AM. I asked about this and found out that the cafe is not run by the Hotel but is leased to a outside company.
Would I recommend this Hotel ? Would I stay there in the future ? Yes to both.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tvlr65
Write a ReviewReviews (1,962)

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed for five nights. I was a little concerned after reading previous reviews, but we had a great time at Hotel St. Marie. Everything was clean. The bed was comfortable. The towels fluffy and the sheets were nice. We did look at the T.V and did chuckle. It is outdated like other reviews say, but we never turned it on so I have no idea if it worked. We were always greeted by front desk staff with a smile, and housekeeping was always kind and helpful. We had a streetside balcony room. Overlooking Dauphine St. It had a table and chairs and was nice to sit out on, and watch the world go by. It was not overly noisy. However, like some previous reviews have said the garbage truck does go by sometime between 4 and 6 a.m.. This didn't bother us, but we live on a small state highway and have a railroad track about a mile away. So if you like complete quiet when you sleep, you may opt for a courtyard room. We had a drink in the bar downstairs, and had lunch one day. The food was good and staff friendly. You can't beat the location. We would stay here again and recommend it to everyone. Thank you everyone at Hotel St. Marie for a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WannabeeSpringer
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is the first review I've ever written for Trip Advisor, but I just made the time to create an account because I wanted to say how absolutely wonderful the Hotel St. Marie is. I was there in the days immediately following Hurricane Isaac.
My room was spotless, the bar downstairs is great (though the staff in the cafe next door could learn a thing or 12 about customer service), and the hotel staff was simply some of the best I've ever seen. Certainly among the best in New Orleans. In chatting up one of them, I learned that many of them hadn't been home for days because of the storm. You'd never have known. They were courteous, respectful and full of great tips on things to do in the city...including things to do outside of the Quarter. Just THE BEST.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank M S
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have to say I was very impressed with the service,location,& the beautiful pool in the courtyard! The bell captain was as sweet as can be! His name was Jeremy! Every spot he sent us to was just fabulous!! I mean when u talk customer service that is truly a man with a lot of wisdom of his city&nothing but positive things to say about why we should stay at the hotel st.marie! Other bellman&valets were also very nice! My husband and I would make this the place to be!! Thanks to someone being very informational&the hotel being in a great location I would def. stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Chrissydiesel
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Great location right in the heart of the quarter, but far enough from the crazyness of bourbon street to be peaceful. Service was great, and everyone was cheerful. But the hotel is due for an upgrade. The carpets need to be replaced, and the louvered doors were dusty

2  Thank Jobyrini
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I read the reviews but had no idea how perfect this location was! It was our first time in NOLA and we absolutely loved it. The rooms were clean (and quiet!) , the staff was very helpful and the little courtyard with pool was so cute & quaint. If I had to think of one negative, I guess it would be that the hallways smell a little damp and musty, but who cares - it was June, hella-hot and how much time do you spend in a hallway??? oh - one night the party-ers in the pool one night were a little loud and crazy, but that's not the hotel's fault.... We didn't get the chance to try the restaurant but it was good to know it was there. I've told everyone about this hotel and it will definitely be the place we stay when we return to New Orleans. and we WILL return!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tinalyn
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The last time I was here, there was no bar or restaurant. The bar is very nice and there is a nice dining room area. There is also a small shop where you can purchase small items and snacks. I ate at the bar and the food was very good. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I was put into Rm 315 that is a corner room with a king bed. The bed was very comfortable and the room would be a perfect size for two. The only problem is the rugs in the hallway. They are very stained and need to be replaced, but the rug in the room was nice. Housekeeping was quiet when cleaning the rooms. There was no shouting or banging around. One morning I found that I had slept until 10! Checking in and out was fast. This has become my favorite place to stay when in NO.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo