“Great Hotel at a Great Location”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #62 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 12, 2012

When you walk out the front door of St. Marie you are less than one block from the famous Bourbon St. Even with it being located so close to Bourbon Street, when you arrive back at the hotel all is quiet, and you would never know you were seconds from the famous Bourbon street. You are within walking distance of everything in the French Quarter. The staff was over the top nice, and willing to help us. We had a small problem on our trip, and the front desk staff had our issue resloved in minutes. Our problem wasn't even with the St. Marie Hotel, and they still helped us resolve our issue. The inner courtyard/ pool area was very relaxing, made for relaxing cooling afternoon relief from the NOLA heat. For the location, price the St Marie is a hard deal to beat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Chip C
There are newer reviews for Hotel St. Marie

Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you have traveled to New Orelans, stay here on your next visit. If you haven't, make this your first experience...you will be quite pleased. The hotel is literally a 2 second walk from Bourbon Street. The rooms are fantastic, comfortable beds, very nice bathrooms and balconies. I did notice some negative reviews on this site concerning the sizes of T.V.'s in the rooms. Let me say one thing, if you're concerned about watching T.V., STAY HOME! There are a ton of better things to do than sit in your room and watch 'Scrubs' re-runs.

Hotel bar and restaurant very excellent - great food and great pricing. If you stop by the Hotel bar make sure to say hello to the excellent bartender Chris. Normally, we would not eat or drink in the hotel where we stayed, but the hotel St. Marie was a great place to start and end the evening due to it's great food/drinks and staff.

Room Tip: We like the rooms with balconies, but on the inside of the hotel rather that street side. This is si...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lnr C
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I booked this hotel for a group of girls going down to NO for a bachelorette trip. The price was great...and the location could not have been better.

The bad - Check in was not the greatest. The rude woman behind the counter didn't smile once, and then tried to charge us an extra 20 per night for extra people in the room because my friends (who had booked their own seperate room) were standing near us instead of asking us if they were also in our room. We checked in at 2pm (check in is 4) and were told our room was not ready and that they would call me when our rooms were available...which was fine. 6pm came and no call. Went back to the hotel to find our rooms were ready. Thank you for not letting us know. Oh and the rude woman was also there when we checked out, and ignored us. Her coworker took us and check out took 2 seconds.

Now for the good....the location could not have been better. Literally a 2 minute walk to Bourbon. It was great to be able to run back to the room if we wanted to freshen up or take a quick shower and then head right back out. Rooms were decent and clean. Beds were not that comfortable...but sufficient. Saw some plugs and sockets hanging out of the wall...they may want to address that. Also the bar in the hotel was great due to the friendly bartenders. Chris and Victoria were awesome. We had tons of laughs! Kudos to them.

All in all...I would stay here again if price was right. It was a decent enough hotel for a fri-mon quick girls weekend away. It had what we were looking for...close to Bourbon, clean, and cheap. No frills here. We also felt safe which was a plus. Tip, have your room key ready if you come back to the hotel late...you need it to get into the lobby of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kellie224
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Honestly, I kind of want to keep this place a secret so it does not get booked for my future visits, but I have decided to be nice and offer this review to other New Orleans travelers. The Hotel St Marie is a wonderful hotel to rest in while taking in the amazing sights of the French Quarter, and surrounding area. First, the location is perfect, 1/2 a block from Bourbon Street, walking distance to Canal Street and the trolleys, walking distance to the river, walking distance to the casino; I think you get my point. Second, the hotel is clean, which is very important to me. And third, the hotel General Manager and staff are wonderful hosts.

Besides those three important travel factors there are more lovely touches to consider. The hotel has a pool, and some of the rooms overlooking the pool and patio area have lovely balconies, so you can read, eat, chat, smoke if you must, in a lovely area. There is a great restaurant, deli, and bar located on the first floor, so when you are too tired or hung over to make it a block or two, you can easily find their dining accommodations.

They provide FREE WIFI, and lots of heavenly air conditioning.

OK, to be a real review I have to add some things to consider. This is the French Quarter, and as I mentioned, the hotel is 1/2 a block from Bourbon Street. What do people in Bourbon Street often do? Yes, they party and drink. So, it is quite possible some of the guests can be noisy, and some of the party folk on the streets can be noisy as well. If you are a light sleeper, or looking to not hear any night sounds, I would stay further away from the Quarter, and perhaps consider the Garden District.

My only other thought would be the hotel should consider placing light blankets in the closet, as the air conditioning can actually get too cold in the rooms. I know you can regulate the temperature, but some of us like to sleep in a cooler room with an added blanket. This is only a suggestion.

Will I return? You bet your sweet bibby!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sarasuetwo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My favorite place to stay in Nola. Close enough to Bourbon Street for convenience & safety but far enough away for a quite, good night's sleep. Have stayed here many times over last 8 years & love the staff, rooms & location. Non smoking rooms but allowed in courtyard or on balcony, if you have one.
Can be pricey depending on events but sometimes has great rates. Wish they had a loyalty program to earn discounts.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank bjb4715
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times, and always have a great experience here. It is close to Bourbon street. The staff are always friendly and recognize us when we come in. We have a favorite suite that we always ask for, and have always been able to get it. I understand that some of the rooms are small, but our suite is roomy and comfortable. The bathroom is HUGE! We go to New Orleans once a year, and used to try other hotels until we found this one. Definitely our favorite and where we will always stay now when in LOLA.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you want lots of room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ace750
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We visited this hotel in Feb and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. This time the room was really a let down. It was extremely hot and humid outside and the ac didnt cool the room very well. I press everything I wear. I needed to wedge ironing board near bathroom to use an outlet for the iron. Unbelievable rigging with wiring. Some outlets were hanging from wall. One elevator. Pool water totally opaque. Internet is free but parking is ridiculous. Restauant and cafe on premises. No complaints. Breakfast was cooked well; second morning we enjoyed very fresh scones and pastry to share. I dont think we would stay at this hotel again even though location is good.

Room Tip: there is no fitness center and I dont know if thete is room service. Try a suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple