“Highly Recommended”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #57 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 12, 2007

We requested a room on the 2nd floor (based on other reviews) and loved our room. It was French inspired and had a huge bathroom. I especially liked the high ceilings, exposed wall and ceiling fan. There was obviously some remodeling going on, on that floor-so I would suggest asking for that floor! It is literally only steps away from Bourbon street and is located in the heart of the action. However, as others have said-you are close enough for the action and for an emergency trip to the bathroom. The staff was very nice and even wished me a happy birthday on my birthday! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Needless to say-the Ritz it ain't-but it is a charming little gem of a hotel. Have fun in 'Nawlins!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HViddy

Reviewed July 12, 2007

FABULOUS HOTEL !!!!!

Do go BACK to New Orleans !
(The French Quarter and surroundings ARE STILL INTACT
and full of life !)
and stay at the Prince Conti Hotel !!! My fiancé and I have found it absolutely charming ! He has visited New Orleans many times but this was my first time and I can assure you that when we return, we will once more stay at this lovely romantic hotel...

Prince Conti Hotel offers newly renovated, clean, classy, stylish, lavish romantic rooms at very affordable prices and is located 2 minutes away from the famous Bourbon Street !!! We had a ball !!!!

Everyone there went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and make us feel welcome...

Thank you again to EVERYONE there for an unforgettable stay...

Louise (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
and
Søren (Copenhagen, Denmark)

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tigerlou
Reviewed June 20, 2007

This was my first trip to New Orleans, and I loved my room at the Prince Conti. The unseasonably cool weather and some rainy days didn't matter at all. The room was cozy and well-furnished with a beautiful antique bed. The hotel itself is well-maintained and thoughtfully staffed. I greatly appreciated the ever-present and knowledgeable personnel; the housekeeping; and the convenient location. I will, indeed, return.

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed May 8, 2007

This was a good experience. The hotel had a lot of that "New Orleans charm", but I'm not sure I'd stay here again. It was just a bit old and dark for my taste...but definitely had a New Orleans appeal. It was just a little old-smelling and honestly felt a bit haunted! :) The room sort of swayed when you stepped on a few spots, bc/ the foundation is aging (I guess?).
Try to get a room away from the elevator too...you can hear it dinging every time it opens.
It was in a fabulous location, and the service was awesome!!
Overall, if I had to stay there again, I would...it's just not a favorite!
I give it above average rating though.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank pearland1
Reviewed May 3, 2007

I loved this hotel. The regular rooms are cool, but if you have a chance to get a room in their back cottage (rooms 201 - 202) I recommend it. The staff was awesome are very helpful. I ended up locking myself out of my room so I had to get another key, and as busy as the front desk was at the moment, she quickly gave me another key without making me wait. They have a valet named Vann who was probably one of the coolest valets that I've met in my many travels to New Orleans. Compared to the prices of the other hotels in the same area as The Prince Conti, theirs was far more reasonable.
The Conti was also very clean, which I can not say for the other hotels in the French Quarter, at least from what I've experienced since traveling there.

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed April 22, 2007

We stayed in New Orleans at the last moment. This hotel was advertised in a tourist pamphlet along with a couple other French Quarter district for 69.00 per night. We got there at 4:00 pm and they actually had a room left at this rate!! We got a double bed, although they offered us a room with 2, but I left that room in case someone came in with a party larger than 2. They thanked me for being considerate of someone else. I loved the room!!!! It was a little small, but we were only going to be there for 1 night and only to sleep. It was decorated beautifully. Antique furnishings, including the tall, 4-poster bed. We were right around the corner from Bourbon St. The parking fee was high for me but average for the French Quarter, from what i understand. i was worth having a hotel we could walk to and from!! We would definitely stay there again!!

1  Thank mayberryrfd
Reviewed April 21, 2007

This hotel exceeded out expectations. We stayed in the annex in a fabulous spacious room that was clean and quiet. The manager and staff were very accommodating. We will go back next time we are in New Orleans!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)