“Nothing to crow about” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Nothing to crow about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2006

My husband and I stayed here one night, The room was very small with two double beds. There was hardly enough room to open the luggage carrier. I will say the room was clean and nicely appointed. I asked for a king size bed upon check in and was told by a very snooty front desk person that was not possible. No southern hospitality here! Bathroom tiny also.

New Orleans is a very very sad place after the storms. We used to love coming to the city before, but will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank compassquest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2006

I stay in the quarter very often so I know what to expect from a Quarter hotel. They are usually not in the best condition but the history and the architecture make up for the few shortcomings they may have. This hotel was fantastic for the price. I went to this hotel several times last summer. Every time I went I paid a great price, $50 a night. The location is a 1/2 block from Bourbon Street. This is great if you are into wild nights or even if you are into mild nights. My advice is to ask for an inner room. Some nights are a little noisy. The hotel was very clean. If you have seen some of my past reviews this is the most important thing to me when I stay in a hotel. The staff was very friendly I think. The way the hotel is setup you rarely need to speak to their staff because everything is already taken care of. I wish I could afford to go back to this hotel. The rooms are no longer $50 dollars for mid-week summer prices. Since the hurricane destroyed and disrupted New Orleans their prices have gone up quite considerably. If you can afford to stay here, please do.

• Stayed July 2005
10 Thank mellow_goat
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2005

This hotel, all-around, was average. People who have rated it 5 stars have obviously not stayed at some of the other finer hotels (Monaco & Le Pavillon come to mind) in New Orleans. The location is excellent, if you're looking to peruse and party in the French Quarter, and another great perk is the martini bar/restaurant (Bombay Club) in the hotel that sevres 125 types of martinis. But the rooms are small and offer few amenities (no ppv movies, etc.) If you can get a rate for under $100 I'd recommend it; otherwise, stay someplace else. Parking fee is $20 a night, but that is standard in New Orleans; I think the only hotel that doesn't charge in the area is Le Richelieu.

Stayed December 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2005

We were in New Orleans for a Mortgage Brokers' Convention Wed-Fri the week before Katrina hit. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor and after finding a special internet rate, I decided to book the Prince Conti even though I was leary of the hotel because of such a great rate in such a good location. However, when we arrived in New Orleans, I was very impressed with the hotel and their staff. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful and the rooms were very nice and clean. The ONLY problem I had was that the room we got did not have a window and I am very claustrophobic. However, I was not ever bothered by it. The hotel was very quiet and it was 1/2 block from Bourbon Street, which was great. When you are on Bourbon Street drinking, it's great to be able to walk to your room anytime you want to use the restroom and take a break. :) I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again when it reopens.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank NeelyTurner
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2005

This hotel was a wonderful surprise! The room we stayed in was absolutely darling (and quiet), the Bombay Club (the hotel's restaurant) had exceptional service and food, and, the best part, the hotel's only a 1/2 block away from Bourbon Street and only a mile away from the French Market so we could walk everywhere and absolutely no public transportation was necessary once we arrived. With the hotel staff having been so accomodating as well, the Prince Conti will definitely be my first choice as a potential hotel choice in the future!

7 Thank J0498
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2005

The Prince Conti Hotel turned out to be everything the website claimed it would be--beautiful! Charming Victorian furniture and decoration, great restaurants (check out Mrs. D's, people! Best biscuits I've ever eaten in my life!--and the Bombay Club, though a bit expensive, had delicious food and about 125 different kinds of martinis). The staff was helpful and fun and pointed out all the hot spots (and where NOT to go), and I include the housekeeping and bellboy staff in this. Right around the corner from the excitement of Bourbon Street, the Prince Conti offered a cool, comfortable oasis away from the noise when you were ready to sleep. Loved it! And would definitely visit again.
Not to mention the price was EXTREMELY reasonable.

4 Thank JLKallio
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2005

Great hotel price and pleasant staff. We had a wonderful time at this hotel. It's near Bourbon street and close to restaurants we enjoy. We also had a good time listening to the live music at Bombay Martini Bistro. We had a great time! We've told our friends and plan to visit again...maybe during Mardi Gras!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member