Prince Conti Hotel
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
$189
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
$259
$190
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$138
$102
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
Omni Hotels
1,766 results
All reviewsbombay clubbourbon stgreat locationfrench quarterdeja vustay there againhalf blockan older hoteljunior suitesister hotelsmall hotelice machinestreet noisevalet parkingcharming hotelcleaning staffi highly recommend this hotel
A TripAdvisor Member
Lancaster PA
Reviewed August 3, 2005

I was at the Prince Conti tues-sunday the last week of July. I found the hotel staff very helpful. A few of the girls at the front desk were not overly friendly, but only in an overly "just business" sense. The shuttle came on time and my questions were answered and that is what counts. The cleaning staff was extremely friendly and it was a joy talking to them. Where they loud in the morning? I could hear the talking and joking, but this was always around 9-10am. I don't know if I would want that right outside my door, but they were never right outside my door anyway. You figure the noise is coming from a open room being cleaned. This too, did not seem like something to complain about.
The bathroom was the size of a normal apartment bathroom. Mine was not "ultra-tiny". If you want the big Marriott, double sink bathroom, this isn't it however. Just a normal apartment style bathroom.
The ceiling was a good 15 feet high. No air--but a air system that does not work so good. It was up to high and not doing much. There is a great ceiling fan though. It was on low. ( I had to stand on a chair to pull the chain!) and the room cooled right away. I woke up shivering most mornings. Lets see....everything was clean, no problems there. In the shower, the little pull did not want to stay up sometimes and I had to pull it hard to get it to do so. Cable TV but you cannot rent movies--no HBO etc.
oh--by the weekend I had a bunch of girls in the room next to me. They were loud and I did hear them through the walls. So long as my TV was on I could not hear them.
I would go back here, it is cheaper then what you will spend elsewhere. I read the reviews here to and was worried--but it all worked out.
I did have one gripe though. My last day there I was getting ready to leave and saw something odd on the floor. Went over to look and saw the largest roach I have ever seen in person. Big and brown and they type that fly I imagine. It mush have crawled into the room from the hall. I kicked it, and it was dead--might have been the cold air.
Keep in mind this is New Orleans, and bugs are everywhere, but someone else here said they saw one too.
It's a nice hotel, but I made sure the wash everything when I came home just in case. I would stay there again next year unless I see more comments about critters. Look yourself and if you don't see more I think the place is worth it.
No noise from Bourbon at in my room either.

Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We stayed here for our honeymoon in June. (yes I know I am late in writing my review) This hotel was great. The staff were friendly and the rooms were nice. Excellent deal for the price. I had read in the travel books that this was a good hotel but the bathrooms are small, that was not the case for our room (which had a bathroom the size of any average hotel) A bonus is that this hotel is so close to everything in the French Quarter (1/2 a block from Bourbon!!!!) but you don't have to put up with the crowds and the noise.
The only reason I did not give the hotel a Excellent was that the majority of the rooms don't have views. When you looked out our window you saw a asphalt roof over what probably used to be a beautiful courtyard. Not a pretty site at all. We where probably lucky to get a window because there are alot of interior rooms. But if you are not going to spend alot of time in the room, then stay here for sure!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank amwtcorley
Reviewed August 1, 2005

We stayed at the Prince Conti hotel for 8 days. This hotel is 20 steps from Bourbon Street (very close to the action) but because of the location of the rooms, there was no noise from the madness nearby. From this location we were able to walk all through the Quarter and still get back to the room easily for a change of clothes, shower, or nap (if you go in July you will need all of these.) The rooms were spacious and clean and all of the staff from housekeeping to front desk were very friendly and polite. We love staying at the Prince Conti and will gladly go back!

2  Thank CentaurNC
A TripAdvisor Member
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed July 9, 2005

We have just returned from a three day two night visit to the Prince Conti Hotel in New Orleans. The hotel is magnificent, and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely and the people so warm and friendly that we hated to leave.

The room was wonderful with an antique/traditional decor with all the modern conveniences. We had a queen size bed in a large room with TV, internet service, ironing board, coffee maker and a bathroom that looked like you could eat off the floor. The location was superb as it was just off Bourbon Street and all the night time action, but also within walking distance of the French Market and wonderful restaurants. People had warned us that staying so near Bourbon Street might be loud and noisey, but it was not. We never heard a thing!

The staff was amazing--so quick to serve and ready to help. They really went out of their way. From the beginning we were greeted by friendly faces. The desk personnel and the young men serving as valets were so great about giving directions to us (first time visitors) and even maps to guide our way. We felt like we were coming home each evening rather than going to a hotel.

Not only were they were they polite and gracious while we were actually there, but after we left and had forgotten an item at the hotel, they were super about finding the item and calling us back long distance to let us know they found it. They would have sent it to us, but we decided to go back by and pick it up. They remembered us right away even after a week!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The price was right and the atmosphere superb. I've already recommended it to my relatives! The next time I am in New Orleans, I will make it a point to stay at the Prince Conti.

Stayed: June 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 8, 2005

We stayed there two nights, the first of which brought the Tropical Storm Cindy. We felt safe, although the caulking in our windows leaked and got the books I had placed on the large window sill wet. But the staff was great! Even at midnight they cheerfully brought up extra bath towels for me to use to dry things. The next day they came up and cleaned the windows thoroughly. Everything about it was charming and nice. It was a quiet place to sleep, we were able to walk all through the French Quarter without any troubles. The only negative was that the room had a slight smell of mildew [it was on the windows]. However, I was also surprised at all the "hidden" charges--we had to pay $5 a day for wireless Internet access and a huge $20 a day for parking in their courtyard. These were not listed on the site at which we booked the hotel. I must say, though, they waived the parking fee in exchange for our damaged books and inconvenience. Like the other reviews said, the staff and charm of the room made this hotel a recommended one again.

• Stayed: July 2005