“Had a Great Stay”

Ranked #56 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Had a Great Stay”
Reviewed June 14, 2005

I really enjoyed my stay at the Prince Conti Hotel. The hotel is close to the day and nightlife of New Orleans. The hotel staff were extremely pleasent and always ready to help with making tour arrangements and providing information. Best of all they always greeted you with a smile and a hello when you entered the lobby. The room was small with a tiny bath but confortable and adequate for my needs (you don't spend much time in your room in New Orleans). Only downer for me was the Hotel had gone non-smoking since I booked my room. Ms. D's Bistro featured an excellent breakfast (their only meal). I highly recommend this hotel for a French Quarter stay.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank PT4485

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
dallas, tx
Reviewed June 6, 2005

Nice hotel. Nice staff. Very helpful. Booked through Orbitz. No problems. The location couldn't be beat. Steps away from Bourbon, but not very loud. The room was a bit worn... but who stays in their hotel room in New Orleans? Great AC... especially needed during the hot and humid summer months. The bathroom was immaculate. Very clean. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed June 2005
3 Thank mike3
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 1, 2005

This is a nice boutique hotel. Staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are clean. Prices are excellent. Sunday-Thursday $69 per night and Friday-Saturday room rates jump to $179 per night. Even with the higher weekend rates, this is still an excellent value. We stayed at this hotel 5/22/05 to 5/28/05.

We requested a non-smoking room (all rooms on the second floor are non-smoking) with two queen beds. The room is not overly large, but it met our needs. The bathroom is tiny, no counterspace, just a pedestal sink, tub & shower and toilet.

Air Conditioning is climate controlled and there is also a ceiling fan (not available in all rooms). It was great having the ceiling fan for those hot days as it really cooled the room. Internet access is available for an additonal daily charge. Ice machines are located down the hall and complimentary coffee is available in your room.

This hotel also has inside rooms which do not have any windows (think inside cabins on a cruise ship). The only drawback to our room #256 is that while we had a view, it was of the backside of a building and roof but since we didn't plan on spending a whole lot of time in our room it wasn't too big of an issue. Also, since this is an older hotel, the noise level outside our room is more noticeable. The walls are not very well insulated against noise so that you can hear your neighbor's TV and muffled conversation. For this reason, I'm only giving the hotel an above average rating rather than an excellent rating.

The location of this hotel is excellent as it is just around the corner from Bourbon St. so you are within walking distance to restaurants and the streetcars. For breakfast, it's a 15-20 minute walk to Cafe Du Monde in the French Market or to Croissant de'Or on Ursuline St. Croissant de'Or has french pastries & desserts from $1.25 and a large cafe au lait is $1.40.

Adjacent to the hotel is a restaurant (didn't eat there so can't say how good the food is) and the Bombay Club. Entertainment is nice but did not have dinner there only drinks at the bar. We did have a tiny sample of the Bombay Club's duck appetizer at the Wine & Food Festival on 5/28/05 and it was delicious.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Meredith/Center Harbor, NH
Reviewed June 1, 2005

My boyfriend and I visited NOLA for the first time this January and stayed here. The hotel was inexpensive (about $60/day) and clean. We had the whole top floor of the back building to ourselves. Right on the road, but quiet during sleep hours. (Though on "garbage morning" a diesel truck was parked outside for a while).

We were there to explore and party, so the location was fantastic: after several hours on Bourbon street we could stumble back to the hotel with ease.

Room was very clean, though somewhat worn - for $60 a great value.

Hangover breakfasts across the street - gourmet breakfasts downstairs.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank Synapse
San Francisco, Ca.
Reviewed April 30, 2005

The Prince Conti is a clean and well runned hotel. The staff is well
trained, friendly and courtious. I'm always treated well when I stay
there. I will continue to stay at the Prince Conti when I'm in New
Orleans and I always recommend staying there to my friends and
family. I would not consider staying anywhere else when in New
Orleans. John Patterson and his staff are great.

2 Thank Ravonna I
Kitchener ON
Reviewed April 25, 2005

Stayed at the Prince Conti April 17 thru 22, '05. It's a terrifically located hotel between Dauphine and Bourbon. Just back far enough on Conti to be quiet, but close enough to stroll to the action in less than 2 minutes. Sunday thru Thursday we stayed for $89 a night. BEST DEAL IN THE QUARTER. Admittedly, I've never been to Mardi Gras, but I found all the adventure and excitement I need could be found on Bourbon any day of the week. The Prince Conti has valet parking ($20 a day - you're not going to avoid that anywhere in the Quarter) and our car was accessible in 5 minutes. Our room was smallish, but service was great. We had a fantastic time and will return. The Prince Conti will be the first place I call.

• Stayed April 2005
4 Thank Diditall
Dana Point, California
Reviewed April 24, 2005

Location is fantastic. Hotel has charm and room was nice. No view and chair was threadbare, but the location makes up for it all. Staff helpful and friendly. Would stay there again

• Stayed April 2005