“Will stay again”

Ranked #53 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Iowa
“Will stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2008

We stayed on the 3rd floor in the double suite. The room was a gem. I loved all the towels we had and the heat lamp in the bathroom so we weren't chilly getting out of the shower. We had two TVs which was great because I could watch something different than my husband. I don't like maids in my room so we always hung the Do Not Disturb sign. The maids hung extra towels, soaps, and coffee on our door! That was terrific. Our room also had a bidette (sp?) next to the toilet!! HA! It really added to the character of the hotel.
The maids were terribly noisy. Everyday. They started at 9am on our floor and with it being New Orleans we would have liked to sleep later than that. Couldn't. They jabbered like mules in the halls and their carts were bumping into things and across the floor bumps. The hotel really needs to tell the maids to try to be quiet.
The air conditioner/heater didn't work in the bedroom, but we found that the one near the bathroom sufficed to keep the two rooms cool enough.
Bourbon Street noise didn't bother us at all, even though our room was closest to Bourbon. There was a lot of cars with their bass really loud, but that could happen anywhere.
This location is superb. We picked it for that and also because we were driving from Iowa and needed a hotel with a parking lot. We usually stay at Le Richelieu but that's too far to walk.
Our room was spotless and the front desk people were curteous.
I will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — location, large rooms, cleanliness
  • Disliked — noisy maids
1 Thank Loulabelle8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

We found this little gem on trip adviser and decided to try it out. Overall, I would rate this a great hotel. We stayed 2 nights, and they were both quite nice.

We called ahead to confirm our reservation (I suggest everyone that stays here calls and confirms the afternoon of arrival). The person at the front desk told my wife they did not have any more parking available for the night, and we would have to public park that evening, but they had instructions, and after apologizing she said it wouldn't be too bad for us. When we got there, we were told they had one spot left, and it would have been gone if we hadn't called in and confirmed. I don't care how it happened, but Hey, I got parking there, so I was happy. The parking is valet only and the lot seemed very secure (hotel courtyard). My wife and I walked back there to see what was around the corner, and the valet came running in after us asking if we needed help with anything. I appreciated that security.

We stayed in a King Deluxe room. No view at all (just rooftop courtyard), window was not a functional one, so we couldn't open it for "fresh" new Orleans air. Plenty of light came in when we wanted it, and when we didn't the curtains sealed the window very nicely. The Bathroom was very small (you could wash your hands while sitting on the toilet), but adequate for what we needed. Someone posted a picture of it online already, so I will spare many other details other than it was utilitarian. The Bed was quite comfortable. Bring your own pillows (I would give that advice to any traveler in any hotel). The TV was really small for a hotel room, but who comes to N.O. to watch TV? The corridor walls were a bit thin, we could hear drunken revelers return after we got there, but most of them were pretty quick to get out of the halls, and we weren't woken up by any. My only serious gripe about the room was the lack of a safe. We travel with 2 laptops, and like to secure them when out and about. We were told when we checked in that there is a safe for valuables downstairs, and there is...it is just that the safe is for jewelry and cannot accommodate one laptop, much less two. The room was remodeled a few years ago, but is still in good condition.

The location cant be beat, 1/2 a block and you are on Bourbon Street. Very convenient to get out that night, and more importantly get back in. My wife and I really enjoyed the stay, and we will return to the hotel without a doubt.

• Liked — Free Internet, easy access, location.
  • Disliked — No Pool, still useses conventional Keys, not swipe cards.
3 Thank JohnfromDallas
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2008

Cannot understand how this place is so highly rated. It is old & tired. It smells horrible. The room smells like musty, mildewy rot. The hallways are not that much better. There are NO amenitites...no pool, no courtyard, no refrigerators, no safe in room. Beds are ancient and extremely uncomfortable and the noise from Bourbon Street is hardly tolerable when you're trying to sleep. The staff acted as if you were bothering them if you asked for anything and I mean anything. Very unfriendly. I would never, ever stay here a second time.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
1 Thank gl0betr0tter24
Hedge End, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2008

This hotel is perfect if you need a place to sleep in the French Quarter. The hotel didn't have a pool, gym or other facilities but you really don't need any of that when you're in New Orleans.

The room was quite spacious and decorated nicely. It's also quiet (which is surprising considering the hotel is situated so close to Bourbon Street). The people on the front desk were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nothing special but there are so many places to eat in New Orleans you can always eat elsewhere.

The Bombay Club is a good place go get a pre or after dinner martini, there's so much choice just ask the bar tender to choose for you!!

• Liked — Great location, clean, free internet access
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jen83
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2008

My friend and I decided to get away for Thanksgiving this year and go to New Orleans. I am surprised at the bad reviews I have seen about this hotel, because everything was 100% great!
Check in was super fast and easy and the evening valet person was very helpful. Our room was clean and nice and was actually overlooking Bourbon Street. We didn't figure this out until the last night. That being said, we didn't hear a thing. It was 100% quiet! The desk staff was VERY helpful. We asked a handful of people how to get places and recommendations for places to go and they were great!
The only thing I did not like was that depending on the time of day, the valet is either very good or not at all. Some of the guys dilly-dallied and wouldn't get your car when you asked and then one guy didn't leave my keys in the ignition when he went to get another car, resuting in us having to wait for them.
Other then that, it was all great. We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday and the friday evening of the Bayou Classic. After a certain time the hotel locks the main door and you need your key to gain access. They also do see who is coming and going and have a police guard at the entrance at night.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kat J
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2008

Looking for an affordable Thanksgiving get-a-way, I went to Priceline. I put in what I considered to be a ridiculously low bid, and the Prince Conti accepted.
I really didn't quite know what to expect given the mixed reviews one can find around the net.
We arrived in town around 2:00 PM, but check-in isn't until 4. So, we parked and had drinks.
At 4, we drove in to the Prince Conti valet area, which is covered and off of the street. Check-in was a breeze; just hand over your license and a card, and get your keys. Since we checked-in so early, our car was parked in the Prince Conti's exceedingly small on-site lot. That was nice, though, because we could get to it easily go put things in or take things out as needed. They'll also let you in-and-out your car with a little notice. Valet isn't cheap though. Be prepared to pay at least $28/day.
As for the room, it was more than adequate. Filled with antiques, it was a little on the small side. But when you're staying the the Big Easy, what should you expect?
Beds were not the best, as they were somewhat soft and squeaky. Still, we slept just fine.
The room was by no means soundproof, the noise from Bourbon St. wasn't excessive.
Our view was of the alley and the building next door. That in itself was entertaining though, as an "exhibitionist" couple put on quite a show (just a heads-up if you're bringing kids).
The staff was quite friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable of the city. Free WiFi is throughout the hotel, though my PDA had a difficulty connecting from time to time. Continental breakfast wasn't extensive.
Overall I'm very satisfied. Had a great time, and the Prince Conti contributed.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The bed.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Copronymous
canton mi.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

everything was perfect.......location is 35 steps from bourbon st and is right in the middle of everything. price was very affordable , very clean , very quiet. the only thing they could do to make the stay better was to give it away. dennis , canton mi.

• Liked — location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple