“Loved it!”

Ranked #56 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Medford, Oregon
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great location!. Our room was really nice and we liked how it was decorated. The cleaning service was good, the desk was friendly. We did not go to the Bombay club and only got an iced tea one day from the café. Overall, good place - we will stay here when we go back!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 14, 2014

After departing the cruise ship, we arrived before check in time, no problem they stored our bag and off we went. First stop was Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel for Easter mass then after the mass the Easter parade on Bourbon Street, and all within walking distance.
Booked on-line (as always) great room, great price but no view. The room was very nice, quiet and no noise from the street. I would return here and would recommend it to anyone wanting a stay in the French Quarter.

Massachusetts
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Traveled with a group of eight girls and stayed here in two rooms across the hall. One girl got there earlier than the rest of us and did some shopping for the group (sunscreen, champagne, etc.). The lobby staff graciously allowed her to leave not only her suitcase but all the shopping bags downstairs while she waited for check-in time.
The rooms were not pristine or fancy and do not come with a fridge or microwave. But, we didn't particularly need any of those things. There was a carpet stain or two, as well.
The bathrooms were a bit small but I never felt cramped even with four girls to a bathroom. We requested extra towels twice and they were promptly at our door! We made a mess of the towels washing up after Jazzfest as well and did not get charged for anything extra.
The location was so close to everything which was really important since we were not renting a car. I never felt like the walk back to the hotel was far at all. There's a nice convenience store with a cheap ATM just one block over.
The bar downstairs served great martinis and appetizers. The wait staff was hit or miss though.
Never had a problem sleeping through any noise, but then again we never went to bed earlier than midnight.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Courtniemarie1016
Ohio
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just came back from a long weekend with friends. Prince Conti met all our expectations. Staff was great, location excellent, rooms clean.
Would recommend anyone traveling there to consider this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank bh632
Baltimore
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We're regular visitors to New Orleans for the Jazz Fest, and usually stay at the Sheraton on Canal Street just because of the convenience to the festival shuttle. This year, the Sheraton was booked so we selected the Prince Conti based on Tripadvisor reviews. We loved it!! It's an older building that has been remodeled, so the only downside was a very small bathroom (very typical of older buildings). Everything was fresh and nicely decorated. The staff we encountered were nice and professional. Although it's only a block from Bourbon Street, it was really quiet. We loved being so close to all of the great shops, restaurants and street music in the French Quarter!

Room Tip: Not interior rooms (they have no windows), and we loved our mini-suite (small refrigerator, microwav...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SherryBaltimore
Lacombe, Louisiana
Reviewed April 29, 2014

To the staff and ownership of Prince Conti,
I was raised in New Orleans and spent countless hours doing HVAC and electrical work in the attics, on the rooftops and underneath most of our city’s historic landmarks. I am no longer in that line of work though it afforded me views and experiences that filled a lifetime. But the point is that I realized recently that although I have had a great life in the deepest bowels of the city, it has always been to a specific address and then not to the amenities of any particular place. Even when I came to play it was to a place or event and then leave. My family has roots so deep in the city that many of the streets are named after my family; Lesseps as in Delesseps, Fischer, Morrison, Solet and even good ole Sidney Story of Storyville. My family at one time owned Mereaux Plantation and donated the property that Mercy hospital stood on.
This past weekend my wife and I at 55 yoa decided to do our first ever staycation and we did it at your hotel. I cannot tell you how eye opening and great it was to be a tourist in my own city based from your hotel and two restaurants. The staff at all locations made it what it was. Everybody was great but a few who really stood out were your concierge at Conti, Ellen and the skinny guy with the pony tail in Bombay, the Italian kid at the St Marie restaurant who went over the pictures from Vacherie and relived Italy in New Orleans with my VERY New Orleans Italian wife, and even the valets and maids. I hate to leave anyone out and I hate that I am so bad with names. This three days gave me a renewed appreciation for a place that I have crawled all over since birth. And I wanted to thank y,all all for helping it to happen. There are more “authentic” places to stay in terms of history, furnishings and surroundings but your people are what made the difference and I can say that with authority. Please pass along much deserved kudos to your folks.

Room Tip: All rooms will have noise from Bourbon St. There are no great vistas to be had anywhere in the Quart...
3 Thank Danny M
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for five nights in April and really loved this place. As others have said, it's just off the main drag, but miles away when you're trying to relax and sleep. You cannot beat the location. Rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy. People running the place were nice and efficient. Wi-fi worked great, too. Would stay here in an instant if we went back to New Orleans.

4 Thank ElvisinLA