“The best bed we slept in a long time!”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The room was in order clean and smelled fresh. The bathroom was also in good order. The location of the hotel was good, right around the corner from Bourbon St. Bombay Club was right there with a nice happy hour. We did get noise from the refer trucks on the street. I would ask for an inside room when I stay again. The room had central air conditioning so you didn't have the loud window air conditioner blowing on you. The linens on the bed we good quality. We had a nice flat screen tv in the room also. I would stay there again! It's not the most expensive nor the cheapest hotel. If you want 5 star hotel don't stay here. If you want a nice, clean, and safe place you should stay here.

Room Tip: I would say an inside room would have less noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SherryElkins
Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have stayed at the Hotel St Marie a couple of streets over and LOVED it so thought we would try the Prince Conti this trip since it is owned by the same group.
Here's our story--
Checked in with Ms Sourpuss. (I'm doing her a favor and not using her real name, even though I do remember it. I am HOPING that someone in their organization will talk to her--and the others--to correct this situation...) She didn't smile ONCE the whole time of our check in. There could be many reasons but turns out she didn't smile during the whole WEEK we were there.
Since she had her computer screen in front of her, after our check in was complete, I asked if she would look up two business locations and tell me their addresses. She looked the first one up and told me it wasn't nearby. I asked if she would give me the address and she REFUSED to do that, saying it didn't matter because it wasn't within walking distance --little did she know that I walked all over the city! I sighed, took a deep breath, smiled and asked her about the second business. She DID look it up and guess what? She wouldn't tell me where that was either and for the same reason. (Even though we were staying in a hotel, we have friends living in NOLA would DID take us there.) So this was our welcome to the Prince Conti Hotel!
Actually, it was not just her but MANY of the employees downstairs were not friendly--even though we always smiled and greeted THEM. Guess I'm not used to people then looking down and acting like we aren't even there!
As our suitcases were already loaded and we were in the car that took us to the airport after we checked out, just as the driver was getting ready to pull away, the valet came running out, tapped on the window and said to my wife, "I hope you enjoyed your stay at the Prince Conti!" My wife said, "Yes, thanks..." and chuckled because she was taken back. Then to us said, "That fellow didn't say ONE word to us the whole week we were there but he RUNS out to say that as we are leaving?"
(Ava was always very nice to all of us--and I did tell her how much I appreciated that!)
Here are some other points--
The room was very clean (the carpet in it was a little too worn though.)
The housekeeping staff was terrific. ALL of them we encountered were friendly and helpful (maybe they should give some tips to the Front End personnel!)
The location is one half block off of Bourbon Street, which for us was both good and bad.
It is within easy walking to many of the restaurants where we wanted to eat.
The bad part was on Thurs, Fri and Sat nights, the noise was VERY loud. Realizing this might be a problem when I booked the room, I asked to be put in whatever area would be the quietest from the Bourbon Street noise--and was told we would be. When I called a few days before checking in and reminded them that I had made this same request, I was told they would do what they could but couldn't guarantee it. Now that I think about it, I wonder if I was talking to Ms Sourpuss??
So we WERE put in the front (not the quietest place) and had trouble sleeping. Not only was it from the street noise but from rowdy people getting off the elevator and talking loudly going to their room (maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if they did this between 11-Midnight or even 1 AM but people would do this at 3 and 4 o'clock in the morning --and NOT just on the weekend.)
I glanced at a few of the other reviews before I typed mine and most of them talked about how quiet the Prince Conti is--but that wasn't our experience.
I WILL give the location 5 stars because of the convenience but don't know that I would stay there again because of the noise that we encountered.
The price WAS excellent. Sunday through Wed was a relatively low price and was twice as much on Thurs, Fri and Sat but comparing it with other hotels, I thought the over all price was good.

Room Tip: Good luck if you ask for a quieter room. It didn't work for us!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I like the location of the hotel it is right of Bourbon st. very quiet, the rooms was clean and the staff was very nice The cafe that is right across the way was nice and the food was good it is kinda on the pricey side but worth it, the next time we go to New Orleans we plan on staying at the Prince Conti again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, just around the corner from Bourbon street, but very quiet! The beds are comfortable & the complex has a great cafe across from reception that serves great coffee & breakfast. Great staff at the hotel. Good value for money!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during October. We found our stay to be most pleasing. The location was very good, the hotel very clean, and the staff pleasant and most helpful. All in all we thought it was excellent value for money. We also enjoyed dining at the Bombay club.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Walter W
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The room was classically designed giving a historic look reflecting the air of French Quarter.It was reasonably priced when compared with its quality service.The room was comfortable and clean. I really liked the ambiance of the restaurant section with dark furniture.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Virginia A
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here this week. Great location being half a block of Bourbon. Rooms are not huge but clean. If you're on the inside and do. It f e the street there is no issue with noise. Would stay here again just for the location. Also across from a great bar, the Erin Rose. Good service an drinks and amazing Po Boys in the back.

Stayed: November 2013