“Decent Hotel Just off Bourbon Street”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #56 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Florida
“Decent Hotel Just off Bourbon Street”
Reviewed August 5, 2008

I expected a little more based on the reviews. There was nothing really wrong with the place but nothing really special either. I had a good-sized room with two double beds and a very small bathroom. My window looked out over where they parked the cars and the only noise was the early morning loud talking of the employees down below.

It would have been nice to have a courtyard or similar area to meet and talk with friends. They do offer a free continental breakfast but the menu never varied during the time I was there--coffee, oj, croissants, and danish. I usually skipped the free one and ate at the Deja Vu across the street. My friend had their club sandwich and raved about it and the huge basket of fries.

The location is great as it is about a block off Bourbon Street but far enough away you don't hear the late night noise (at least in my room location). I got an excellent rate and would probably stay again if the price was right but might try one of their sister hotels that have courtyards and pools. (Hotel St. Marie I think is one)

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank flaguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Tampa
Reviewed August 3, 2008

I recently hosted a three day meeting at the Prince Conti Hotel for my work team.

I first visited the property three weeks prior to the meeting and was very impressed by the Sales Manager (Karla) and the passion and energy that she had for this property.

She took the time to show us a few different options and never made us feel rushed or pushed into anything.

After just completing the stay, I was extremely pleased with everything. The location is outstanding, just one short block to Bourbon Street. The meeting room was incredible with an outstanding view of the street (Conti) below and the service that we received for the most part was commendable.

The rooms were very spacious and extremely clean. Keep in mind that you are in the French Quarter and its part of the experience. This is not the Hilton or the Marriott.

I would absolutely recommend the hotel and definitely will stay there again when I am in the New Orleans area.

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — Everything was great
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed July 26, 2008

I read TripAdvisor prior to most trips and have stayed in their top-rated hotels in many cities. The reviews are generally very reliable. The high rating for this hotel is a mystery to me. Like everyone says, this hotel is on the edge of the French Quarter. We had a king room. It was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable. The furnishings were in good condition in a Queen Anne style. The bathroom was in good condition but extremely small. I bumped my chin on the sink when I sat down on the facing toilet. The lobby (the front desk, a couch and a valet podium) is separated from the breakfast area by a driveway. The arrangement reminds me of the service department at an auto dealership. The major problem we had with the hotel is the lack of soundproofing in the rooms and an inability to get any sleep. The noise is not comming from Bourbon Street. It is coming from within the hotel itself. You hear everyone coming and going, doors being closed or slammed and toilets flushing all around you. Our next door neighbors sounded just like Meg Ryan in the restaurant scene from When Harry Met Sally. I will definitely look elsewhere when travelling to New Orleans. This place was a major disappointment.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank goehringw
NOLA
Reviewed July 25, 2008

This hotel building used to be a chemical warehouse in the Quarter not too long ago. They forget to tell you that.
Okay, the room we were in had no ceiling fan. It does have a small television and coffee maker. The coffee is very good. The complimentary breakfast is awful; just looked at it couldn t eat it. The breakfast area is in a glass cage with a bunch of guests sitting and grabbing free coffee and orange juice. Avoid the Deja Vu bar across the street which is a hang out for the bad guys and girls. The noise unfortunately from Bourbon Street is like a boom box-not loud but can feel it viberating in the early am hours -it will wake you up. The Bombay Club costs minimum$8-10 for a very small 6 oz a drink plus tip. Hotel is good for a 1-2 night stay, on business or Bourbon Street fun. It is definitely not for families or kids. Also as others have mentioned here, the staff is completely unfriendly and not courteous. Overall, if you can t afford a good hotel, this could be an option. Try the Hotel St Louis as a nice option. Very basic, acceptable, a three of five stars. Hope this helps.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — Too small, a small TV from the 1990 s, chinese furniture
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Our stay at the Prince Conti Hotel in New Orleans started on July 16, 2008 and lasted through July 22nd and our stay was incredible. The staff was wonderfully pleasant, especially the front desk manager, Ann, and the valet parking gentlemen were just as nice. The room was spotless and roomy and had a wonderful view of the streets below. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an enjoyable stay with comfort being key. The hotel is within walking distance to all of the sightseeing but far enough away to not hear all of the noise. This will be the ONLY hotel I will stay at in New Orleans and they will see my husband and I again next year!!!

• Liked — Location and comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing really.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Prince Conti on June 17-20th. Prior to arriving, my husband contacted the hotel and told them we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and also his safe return home from Iraq. He asked if the hotel could provide something special upon our arrival or an upgrade. When we arrived at the hotel, they had upgraded our deluxe room (military rate) to a large suite with a king sized bed. They also sent up complimentary champagne to celebrate our special ocassion. This was definitely a nice touch and a great way to start our vacation time together.

The hotel is located 1/2 block off of Bourbon St. We did not rent a car, but was within walking distance to Jackson's Square, riverwalk area, and many popular attractions. Considering the location of this hotel and it's location to Bourbon St., there was virtually no noise at all and we always had a comfortable night's rest each night.

Just a few suggestions to do while in NOLA: We visited the WWII musuem and was highly impressed with the establishment. A musuem that had a lot of artifacts and actual veterans there to visit with you about their own personal experiences. If you like Italian food, then you must try Tony Moran's on Bourbon St. We ate there the first night and it was the best Italian food we have ever eaten. The atmosphere and the staff was top notch.

The Prince Conti did not disappoint. In fact, they went above and beyond to meet our needs. The staff was always helpful and friendly. Thanks Prince Conti employees for making this a vacation that my husband and I will always cherish. The only hotel for us in NOLA is the Prince Conti.

• Liked — Accomodating staff and location of hotel.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KarenOK
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This hotel is in a perfect location and walking distance to everything in the French Quarter. It's very close to Bourbon Street but far enough away that you can't hear the noise at night when you're going to sleep. It's also walking distance to Cafe Du Monde, the French Market and Canal Street. The outside of the place is well lit and the rooms are nice.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — If you didn't get up early to grab a free newspaper, you were out of luck.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple