“I loved it!!!”

Ranked #56 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Dothan, Alabama
“I loved it!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Our stay at the Prince Conti Hotel in New Orleans started on July 16, 2008 and lasted through July 22nd and our stay was incredible. The staff was wonderfully pleasant, especially the front desk manager, Ann, and the valet parking gentlemen were just as nice. The room was spotless and roomy and had a wonderful view of the streets below. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an enjoyable stay with comfort being key. The hotel is within walking distance to all of the sightseeing but far enough away to not hear all of the noise. This will be the ONLY hotel I will stay at in New Orleans and they will see my husband and I again next year!!!

• Liked — Location and comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing really.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Prince Conti on June 17-20th. Prior to arriving, my husband contacted the hotel and told them we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and also his safe return home from Iraq. He asked if the hotel could provide something special upon our arrival or an upgrade. When we arrived at the hotel, they had upgraded our deluxe room (military rate) to a large suite with a king sized bed. They also sent up complimentary champagne to celebrate our special ocassion. This was definitely a nice touch and a great way to start our vacation time together.

The hotel is located 1/2 block off of Bourbon St. We did not rent a car, but was within walking distance to Jackson's Square, riverwalk area, and many popular attractions. Considering the location of this hotel and it's location to Bourbon St., there was virtually no noise at all and we always had a comfortable night's rest each night.

Just a few suggestions to do while in NOLA: We visited the WWII musuem and was highly impressed with the establishment. A musuem that had a lot of artifacts and actual veterans there to visit with you about their own personal experiences. If you like Italian food, then you must try Tony Moran's on Bourbon St. We ate there the first night and it was the best Italian food we have ever eaten. The atmosphere and the staff was top notch.

The Prince Conti did not disappoint. In fact, they went above and beyond to meet our needs. The staff was always helpful and friendly. Thanks Prince Conti employees for making this a vacation that my husband and I will always cherish. The only hotel for us in NOLA is the Prince Conti.

• Liked — Accomodating staff and location of hotel.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
2 Thank KarenOK
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This hotel is in a perfect location and walking distance to everything in the French Quarter. It's very close to Bourbon Street but far enough away that you can't hear the noise at night when you're going to sleep. It's also walking distance to Cafe Du Monde, the French Market and Canal Street. The outside of the place is well lit and the rooms are nice.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — If you didn't get up early to grab a free newspaper, you were out of luck.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Reviewed June 27, 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the Prince Conti from June 20-24.

If you read enough of these reviews you get a good sense of the highs and lows of a particular property. In perusing the reviews I noticed that some people had nice rooms and others complained of worn furniture and carpeting. I called the hotel and was advised that rooms are renoved a few at a time. I requested a renovated room and they replied that they would see what they could do. Upon check in we were upgraded to a beautiful mini suite!!! This was really nice of the hotel management and made our trip that much more enjoyable and memorable.

There were also numerous complaints about the free continental breakfeast in the reviews. Having experienced the free continental breakfast first hand I can tell you that there is juice (including fresh squeezed orange juice), coffee, fresh crouisants, assorted fresh danish and assorted fruit, which is exactly what one would expect at a free continental breakfast. everything was fresh, delicious and, did I mention FREE. I dont see what all of the complaing was about.

The location is wonderful. The loudest bar on Bourbon Street is the Famous Door, which is about fifty feet away from the hotel, yet you cannot hear a sound from your room. We did not have a car and never felt we needed one. The entire french quarter is within easy walking distance. We walked to the St. Charles Street car and rode all through the garden district. We walked back from Comanders Palace, which was real nice until we left the garden district, then things got a little shady, but we made it back in one piece. We took the ferry to algiers and went to mardi gras world, which was a bit pricey and kind of a tourist trap, but highly recomended none-the-less. We did a cemetary tour with haunted tours which was great.

I did not pack any long pants as New Orleans is kind of like a festering tropical hell hole in the summer. As such, I could not eat at the Bombay Club, Commander's Palace, Antione's, Gallatiore's or any of the other really fancy places. However, we did not have a single bad meal the entire time we were there. We ate lunch at Monty's, the Napolean House (twice) and Felix's. We had Dinner at NOLA, Mr. B's, Muriels and we got takeout from the German bistro accross the street from the hotel. Every single one of these places I highly recomend. The food was my favorite thing about New Orleans.

The only thing we did not like about our hotel was the view, however, we spent little time in the room. Ms. B's bistro is only open for the free continental breakfast. It would have been nice to have a casual bistro in the hotel.

But otherwise the Prince Conti Hotel is a tremendous value and a nice hotel in a great location. I will stay there again.

• Liked — The overall great value, the staff and the location
  • Disliked — the view from our room
1 Thank adamhadem
NY
Reviewed June 23, 2008

This hotel is about 1/2 a block off Bourbon Street so it can get a little noisy at times. However, that didn't bother us at all. It's clean and comfortable. The only thing that I didn't care for was the staff - they weren't really friendly and weren't approachable. I felt as if they couldn't be bothered with assisting me.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Staff
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 22, 2008

Excellent location (surprisingly quiet despite proximity to Bourbon Street), beautiful room, everything in good condition, plentiful complimentary continental breakfast, all staff very friendly and helpful. Overall our stay was wonderful (great value too).

• Liked — Friendly, helpful staff.
  • Disliked — Everything was good. View from room not great (rooftops)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Leonia, New Jersey
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Since we got a room at this hotel for a very reasonable rate, I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is quaint and has an antique charm. The details on the doors, big brass keys, and croissant breakfast made this hotel a nice place to stay. We ate at the adjoining restaurant, The Bombay Club and sat in a cozy booth while a gentleman played the piano under a blue light. They are famous for their many varieties of martinis. It was great! The hotel is half a block from Bourbon Street (the busy part), and has valet parking. Our room didn't have a view (you pay extra for those rooms), but we weren't in it enough to even notice. I highly recommend this hotel! I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I go to New Orleans.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Brass keys - afraid to lose them