“New Orleans Get-A-Way”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Excellent location, 1/2 block from Bourbon street. The rooms are small, but very nice.
Hotel is within walking distance Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral, the Mississippi River
and Canal Street. Very good service. Just remember there is very little parking in French Quarters. The hotel has Valet Parking Only.

4  Thank SouthTex

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was a return visit to the Prince Conti, this time for an extended stay of 3 weeks. The location of the hotel is perfect: in the heart of the Quarter, but a block away from the crowds on Bourbon. Our room, a junior suite, was comfortable with good mattresses, ample space to store our belongings, and a handy little sitting area. Most impressive about this hotel was the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to help in any way possible. Staff always took the time to greet us as we passed by. We were particularly charmed by Miss Ava at the front desk and Darnell, one of the helpful valets. You can certainly find larger, more opulent hotels in town, but for us, this comfortable and homey place was a much better choice.

2  Thank cdncanada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We took our two college age boys to NOLA for spring break. We were looking for a good value hotel for two rooms with at least one of them with two doubles or queens. The Prince Conti was a very good choice. Conti is a good location. The rooms are a bit small but comfortable and clean. The breakfast is not free but the food in the cafe was excellent and very fast. Much better than the typical hotel free breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kansasbeach
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a charming hotel. Great value and friendly staff. Clean room. Big enough and only a half block from Bourbon Street but didn't hear any noise at night when we wanted to sleep. Beds were comfy but blanket too thin. Lots of hotels doing that nowadays though. Small sink in bathroom, but expected in older hotels. Excellent location close to Royal Street for shopping those antique shops, jewelry shops, art galleries, etc. Close walk to Decatur St. and Canal Street. Both front desk people were wonderful. Gave advice, called cab that came in 3 minutes. All around a perfect stay. I had been to NOLA twice before but this was a mother daughter trip that was fun. I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a historic hotel with service and comfort. Great value. No need to spend over $200 a night to stay in the Quarter.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank braided123
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. I had an interior room with a king bed. The bed was comfortable!!! The room was a decent size. What I didn't like was how small the bathroom was & the blanket on the bed was wayyyyyyyyy to thin. My friend sleeps with the room cool & I usually don't mind because I can snuggle under the blanket, but not so at this hotel. A throw would've provided more heat than this thin blanket which is really more like a thick sheet. I didn't hear anything from the rooms next to me so I don't know if nobody was in them or the soundproofing was good, but I could hear things from the hall. I like the charm of the hotel. I've seen reviews where people had mold in the bathrooms and I specifically looked for this when I got there lol. I didn't have that problem at all. My bathroom was clean. My room was clean except they should've moved the curtains a little when vacuuming lol. The front desk people are really nice & helpful. They told us where to catch the trolley, which trolley, and provided us with change so we could get on. The location is wonderful!!!! Half block from Bourbon St!!! Bottom line, I'd be staying here again when I visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cij1916
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Location, location, location. And this hotel is well located to see the French Quarter and walk everywhere.
The room is small - typical of a European hotel. We had a king size bed and it took up a lot of space in the small room. Three was not enough space for luggage. One luggage rack only. Also, there was no fridge or microwave. The bathroom is small with only a sink, no vanity.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable. So we slept well.
The hotel staff is very helpful. We paid for parking and they took our car to some other location, which made getting something out of it later a bit of a problem. But they accommodated us.
This is not one of the most expensive hotels in the Quarter, but it is very nice and good for the price.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor. There is an elevator, so this was not a problem.
2  Thank Riverliver
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We will definitely be rebooking at the Prince Conti Hotel the next time we stay in New Orleans. The location is fantastic - just steps away from Bourbon St in the heart of the French Quarter. The cleanliness and ambience of the rooms is excellent. But what really made our stay truly exceptional was the service we received from the staff from booking to checkout. We cannot imagine being served better by any hotel anywhere. Our stay was reasonably priced, but we feel we were treated as though we were spending a LOT more. We HIGHLY recommend the Prince Conti!

• Stayed: March 2013