“Great Stay for Super Bowl”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked an inside room to keep the noise of Bourbon Street to a minimum. It worked, but we did hear noise in the hallways from the housekeeping staff. The room was large (2 beds) and had a handicap shower and Jacuzzi bath. The TV was not a flat screen, but it worked. They do offer valet parking (expensive, but so is all NOLA hotel parking), but we did not use it. The location is just a half block from Bourbon St and about 3 blocks from Canal. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 102 is considered an inside room and is a handicap room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Just off Duvall St is this pretty French Provincial hotel with very kind and helpful staff. The building is not new/modern but has very modern comforts, wifi, hot shower, fridge, etc. I felt like we were staying in an old French chateau! Lots of plugin spaces for all our rechargeable gadgets. The price was excellent with no hidden fees. So convenient and comfortable and close to everything we wanted to see/walk to, thank you Prince Conti!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

this may seem like a strange review, but I wish we would have stayed at one the three hotels associated with the Prince Conti. The manager of the hotel was so accomodating when they did not have a room for us...called around and found us one...When we go back to NO someday, we would stay here just for that reason...besides it looked like a great hotel...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank conifer60083
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were able to check in early, I had room 105 which is handicapped accessible (I use a wheelchair). Friends were in 102. The room was very comfortable! There was even a jacuzzi tub and a handicap acc. shower! There was plenty of room for my wheelchair, great ramps and EVERYONE that works there was more than happy to open doors and help! This is a great location in the quarter and only a block and a half from the LA Supreme Courthouse (where I needed to be). The valet parking is wonderful, can't remember their names though :( But there were three people who were especially awesome: Ms. Ava and Lisa at the front desk, and Darnell who was one of the bellmen. They had just put in new beds (FABULOUS!) and the furniture in the room was beautiful! The price of the room was very reasonable considering the location and I have plans on going there for the Jazz Fest (kinda far but there is a trolley or taxis). The restaurant (Chef James) was clean and the food was so awesome. I ate breakfast there and had the creamed spinach crepe which comes with an egg and bacon. It was recommended by Chef James and he was right! I absolutely enjoyed my stay there!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to request Handicapped Accessible room 105 if you are a wheelchair user!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JOSEY C
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location, great service. Stayed there last week for carnival and wedding anniversary- the hotel sent us sparkling wine to kick off the stay (thank you!). Everyone we met throughout the stay was friendly and personable. I read the reviews on 'thin walls', So we just kept the tv volume low and our voices down.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank chasingnancy
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I actually found this hotel after being referred to the Bombay Club as a good place to eat. (And boy is it.) When I went back to NOLA just before my wedding, my (then) future sister in law and I stayed here until the rest of the wedding party arrived. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Since it's not right on Bourbon, you can actually get some sleep, but it's close enough to hit all the nightlife. While I haven't had a chance to go back since my wedding, my SIL and I fully intend for this to be our new "girls weekend" hotel when we go!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ckg4
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Prince Conti is part of a small group of hotels run by the Valentino family. This is the second time I stayed at a hotel run by them. The Prince Conti was a great value with clean rooms and a helpful staff. It's only 1/2 block from Bourbon Street yet feels farther away because it's relatively quiet. Book on the hotels site for the lowest rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business