“Great location but needs a little refresh”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #47 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed for the second time in the Prince Conti, the first being three years ago.
The location of the hotel is ideal for night life as it is only a short walk to Bourbon Street. All those staff we spoke to in the hotel were very friendly and helpful and provided a really lovely personal touch.
Our suite was large but was all very dark as there were no windows apart from the half glass doors leading out to a very small patio area. While we had stayed in the room on our last visit we didn't really appreciate just how dark and dull the accommodation was. This time round we noticed that the room, and corridor to the room, had a musty smell and the entire suite was in need of a refresh. However, I must stress that the accommodation, whilst old, was clean.
Overall - great staff, great location but decor and lighting needs attention.

Room Tip: Have only stayed in the suite with patio. Good sized room but needs refreshed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,706)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My mom, daughter and I stayed here. Highly recommend this place.

The rooms are very clean, the staff was wonderful and Darnell, our bellhop was wonderful. He took care of all of our luggage, brought it to our room, gave us information and tips on what to do. Super friendly. Hotel has alot of history.
One block off Bourbon St. and you can't beat the price !!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Prince Conti hotel is on Conti St and only half a block from Bourbon St in the heart of the French Quarter in New Orleans.

The hotel itself is really clean and well presented and the staff are exceptional. I had read on previous reviews about the now famous 'Miss Ava' who I had the pleasure of meeting only on checking out but I can confirm she is wonderful :)

Our room was on the third floor and was an interior room. There was a ceiling window with a blind across it which we had full control over. This allowed us not to feel boxed in and worked wonderfully. The bathroom was pretty small in honesty, especially for two people, but was completely functional and clean. The rooms were cleaned daily and there were absolutely no problems with that.

The location is of course ridiculously good. I have been to New Orleans several times and always position myself in the French Quarter. This gives you easy access to everything the quarter has to offer as well as other areas of New Orleans using cabs or the Street Car. You are near the river and also the casino and frankly have a choice of going where you want on a daily basis!

One thing that really stood out to me, although I was not concerned about it all that much in honesty but I would expect many travellers would be, is how quiet the room is at night. I couldn't hear the hustle bustle of nearby Bourbon St at all. Truly impressive!

Something I have stressed in other reviews I have written is that whilst I think this hotel is fantastic, especially given the price and the location, there will no doubt be people who complain about the way the room 'looks'. Ok it's a little dated. The hotel may sell this as 'period charm'. No, it's a little dated :) If the 'aesthetic' of the room makes so much of a difference to you then in honesty, you may struggle to find anywhere in the French Quarter! I loved this place.

One final thing which I absolutely loved. When we left the hotel, they gave me my bill and stamped it with a little 'tripadvisor.com' mark. They asked me to write a review and in absolutely no way did they ask me to write a good review. They simply asked for a review. I genuinely felt that they valued my opinion on the hotel and my feedback, regardless of whether it was positive or not. This made me feel that if I did have something negative to report, which I don't, that it would be considered seriously and taken into account. Excellent service.

In summary, great price and great location. You are not going to get a lot better than this.

Room Tip: I would assume Rooms closer to Dauphine and further from Bourbon are quieter! :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed in an interior room on the 2nd floor. Room was fine; bed was like sleeping on an old couch; bathroom was very small and the heat lamp / fan combo was annoying. Cleaning service was great! My only real complaint was the noise level that could be heard through the door. I think it's a thin door. Friendly staff at the front desk both in person and on the phone. I'd recommend it for the price and location to the action, if that's your sort of thing. Next trip we'll be staying further away from Bourbon St :-)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank cbower2366
Reviewed September 11, 2012

planned a trip to new orleans for a long time. unfortunately hurricane issac decided to turn towards new orleans and my 4 night stay turned into a 1 night stay.i loved the location of the hotel . i loved the rooms. i loved the whole staff especially the nice young lady Mia who went out of her way to get us cabs help with directions and luggage. Ww want to go back to new orleans so we can see the city of dreams more than1 night. thank you hotel conti and staff for making our one night stay a great night!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

09112012: The full staff are extra friendly and helpful. The hard working cleaning staff always speak to you as if you were their friend. The hotel is in an old building that is well kept and clean.
Located one block from Bourbon Street, it's only one block from everything in the famous French Quarter. Only thing I would add to the room is a mini-fridge. My first 7 day vacation trip from Winchester, Virginia to New Orleans, LA was wonderful. Choosing a hotel is gamble, but this is one gamble (choice) you will be happy that you made. Location, friendly staff and price make the Prince Conti the best place. 830 Prince Conti St. New Orleans, LA 70112. >Ronnie<

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed the weekend after Hurricane Isaac hit (Sept 1-4). The room was small but very clean and the staff was very nice. We had a late breakfast at the small cafe and to our surprise, it was very good. Very convenient to everything in the French Quarter.

My only problem was that I think we booked at one rate and was charged another when we got our confirmation. I wasn't sure so I didn't make it an issue. It was a "special event" weekend, so I understand they charge higher but didn't think it was the rate I booked at. Again, I didn't remember for sure so I can't fault them for it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple