Other than the fire alarm going off at 330 AM on Saturday (UGH!), our entire expereince the Royal Sonesta was terrific. Our room was on the 4th floor, facing the pool. I loved how we could go right out the balcony door and down to the pool bar.
The room itself was clean and comfortable- great king bed. Good size bathrrom- nothing fancy but pleasant.
Check-in was incredibly smooth despite how busy they were. And check out was even better since they kept our bags while we went out for lunch, then brought the bags down to the car.
I would like to give special kudos to parking. Yes, I know $30 valet seems crazy but that is the way it is in big cities. We stayed at the Monteleone last year and, as much as I love that hotel, the RS has them beat hands down on the ease of dropping off and picking up the car. Very easy, very pleasant, very organized.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel