My girlfriends and I stayed here for our weekend getaway. I would book this hotel for its location alone-right on Bourbon street steps away from the bars/clubs and restaurants, and a five to ten minute walk to Jackson Square, Cafe Du Monde, and shopping areas.
We got a room with two double beds facing the pool. The room was very clean (there's no room for error with white linens!) and the bathroom was spotless. I liked that there was a flat screen TV and a radio/alarm clock with an iPod dock. We didn't mind the noise of the pool (we could hear people talking outside early in the morning and the rowdy bachelor party in the afternoon) but if you're sensitive to noise then I would recommend a room on the other side of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel