My husband and I travel to New Orleans at least twice a year and this trip had to be the best. I made reservations through the hotel website, reserving the Summer Special. At check in we were told that the reservation was for a standard room with a queen bed. Curtis spent several minutes looking for other available rooms as we wanted a king size bed. I knew that requesting a king with a balcony would be considered an upgrade with added fees per night but asked anyway. After giving us the keys Curtis winked that we could thank him later. Boy was he right!!!! We were given room 4131 -- huge room with a full wet bar, sofa & table, desk, gorgeous king bed with unbelievable linens, dining table with chairs, and huge Jacuzzi draped with curtains in the suite. The separate bathroom had a beautiful double sink vanity made from antique furniture, tub with shower and jets, separate glassed in shower with rain-shower head, and large closet with a safe for valuables. On top of all of that it had double french doors that opened to the balcony overlooking the courtyard and pool. We were blown away!!!
We shared wonderful, huge oysters at Desire along with a great peace maker poboy the first night and a great burger through room service the second night. We also dined at Mr. B's Bistro for a lunch of seafood gumbo, salad and awesome $1.50 Bloody Mary's, as well as visiting our usual favorites the Chart Room bar (great people watching from a street-side table) and Bombay Club (get the calamari!!).
We both agreed that this was by far the best visit and we owe it all to Curtis -- coming back to that gorgeous room after strolling the French Quarter was wonderful!
Curtis, we will see you on our next visit to NOLA! Thanks so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel