It's surprising a hotel this nice exists amongst all the Bourbon Street "action." The inside is beautiful with glass, marble, beautiful floral arrangments, fountains... Every employee was very nice, efficient and helpful. Our room wasn't ready upon our 10AM arrival, so they checked our luggage for us, and the front desk called us personally to let us know when our room was ready. Upon entering our room, our luggage was already there waiting.
We stayed in a balcony room the first night and an interior courtyard room by the pool the other 2 nights. The balcony room was really loud and I was woken up by all kinds of noise till all hours of the morning. But we expected this, so it didn't bother us too much. Had we not had such an early flight, we probably would have been amongst them! We watched a parade go by from our balcony, so that was cool.
I liked the courtyard pool room better though, as it was much quieter. ALTHOUGH, for some reason, an employee was using a leaf blower or some sort of power tool all around the courtyard at 8AM on Monday morning that was so loud and woke us up (and I'm sure tons of other guests). It went on for an hour or 2, so I wasn't able to go back to sleep. That is my biggest pet peeve about hotels- when they think it's appropriate to make a lot of noise in and around the hotel before 11AM. Especially in a town where most people are out late drinking! It's just rude. Also, the maids and/or other guests are constantly slamming the room doors. Again, people being rude or perhaps the doors were just old and heavy. That was my only complaint about this hotel.
Otherwise, the rooms were beautiful and clean, beds were extremely comfortable, room service was quick, and check-in and -out were a breeze. The pool and patio were very nice, relaxing and clean. It was nice to have this oasis away from the craziness of Bourbon Street and a great way to cool off from the heat. Pool towels were provided on lounge chairs as well as complimentary sunscreen and aloe. We could access the pool and patio right from the French doors in our room. Another nice touch was a computer and printer in the lobby for printing out boarding passes. The location is excellent- close to everything you want to walk to- Jackson Square, French Market, Bourbon Street action, trolley cars, shopping, etc. We wouldn't stay anywhere else during another trip to NOLA!
I agree with other guests- for the price of the rooms, they could at least offer complimentary coffee, juice, continental breakfast in the mornings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel