Just completed a recent 7 day stay at this hotel, and let me tell you it is awesome! Clean and refreshing, this is a complete 180 degrees from Burbon St which it is located. I will go through the hotel:
ROOMS: My room was not what I had envisioned, but rather a bit dated room that basically was a standard hotel room. King size bed, Flat Screen TV, three dressers/nightstands and a table with two chairs. It also had a larger stuffed chair. It has a MINI Bar in the cupboard, that you can use as a pay as you go system and is filled daily. Contains all a kinds of hard and soft drinks. My room was clean, and it was VERY QUIET. I had asked for the quietest room they had due to being in town on business. And that is what I got. It was on the 2nd floor, which is the smoking floor. I do not smoke, but I figured if I wanted quiet, I could sacrifice. It didn’t really smell like smoke to me either, but more like incense was burned in the room. The bathroom is standard, but the pluming is a bit loud. Large closet. NO COFFIE MAKER. There are bigger and nicer rooms, but for a higher cost.
HOTEL: Very clean. Lots of pretty flowers. You can’t tell that you are inches from Burbon St. Restaurants are very good, both Desire, and Revolution. DJ’s Coffee is a must in the morning. That is in the lobby. Parking was 36 bucks a day, but Valet is included so just tip the boys some cash and they take care of your car in a city where you can never find parking. Workout room was small and out of date. Needs to be updated. Jazz Club in the lobby was awesome. Great music/musicians.
POOL: Pool area is very nice and has a bar. It is on the third floor. It is outside.
All in all it was a nice hotel and in a great location. Right off of Burbon St. Walk out, and you are in the party. Walk in and you are in a nice quiet hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to New Orleans and the French Quarter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel