“Beautiful hotel, fantastic location, friendly staff”

Royal Sonesta New Orleans
Ranked #28 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 15, 2011

If perfect was a hotel, it would be called the Royal Sonesta in New Orleans. Everything about this hotel shines. Beautiful building right in the middle of lively Bourbon Street. Grandiose lobby area and friendly staff. Fantastic parking – 2 floor garage beneath the hotel. I had a room looking into the courtyard with direct access to the pool deck and bar area in the atrium of the hotel – absolutely fantastic. Room was not huge but perfectly adequate for myself and my wife. Fittings and furniture were clean and contemporary. Next time I’m in town I will be staying here again (just like I said last time I was here)!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
DDGDDG, Manager at Royal Sonesta New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

We are simply beaming from your review! Thanks for your compliments, and we hope you do stay with us again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,368)

Reviewed July 14, 2011

This hotel was perfect for my husbands first trip to New Orleans. I have been a couple of times, but I wanted him to experience the whole Bourbon hoopla for his first visit. It was the perfect location to all the major Streets. Canal Street shops were only about a ten minute walk as well as the French Market. If you are wanting to stay on Bourbon I would DEFINITELY stay in this hotel. Not to mention the staff was absolutely awesome. They were nothing but nice and hospitable to all our needs. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My family planned a "All girl cousins retreat" during the Essence...Out of the our group of 6, I was the only cousin that ever visted Nawlins. Even though my visit was over 15 years ago, I knew our main goal was to be able to stay on Bourbon. The location of Sonesta was PRIME! I was the first of my party to arrive at the Hotel, which I arrived earlier than the check-in time, but to my surprise, by the time I finished checking in at the front desk, my room was ready and I was allowed to go to my quarters. I proceded to get all the things in order for the rest of my family members. I booked a Jr Suite, which was ideal for a group of 6...(this was the only obstacle I into during my visit)....as a part of getting things in order I wanted to make sure the sofa bed had sheets already on it. Well, to much disappointment....the sofa did not let out into a bed. I instantly go on the phone and informed the appropiate staff. Yes, this was a highly reserved weekend, but without hesitation, the MGMT staff came up with a very comfortable solution to this problem. By the time my relatives arrives from Califoria and other parts of Texas, everything was in order and our GIRLZ RETREAT was non-stop fun! The Hotel service was great, the pool area was very enjoyable...As we were checking out, the only conversation was "When are we coming back, so we can reserve our rooms now!!!!!"

Thanks, Sonesta!!!

Room Tip: If it's the warm season, please take advantage of getting a room on the third floor by the pool
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

You’re right, Essence weekend is a fun time to get the girls together, especially at the Royal Sonesta where we have live jazz nightly. And, we are blessed to have such a thoughtful, competent staff that can solve pretty much any problem your group encounters during their stay. We hope that all your cousins continue to retreat to the Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans for years to come. You may consider gathering the guy cousins here too! If so, you’ll find great values in the Just the Guys package and the Just Us Girls package for next time. Thanks again for kind your review.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

The first 2 times I went to NOLA, I saw the Sonesta and thought to myself, wow what a cool place I would really like to stay there. So this time I found a reasonable price and did. We had a quiet room in the back over looking the pool but the really great things about the hotel are the service, location and charm. This place is so perfect for NOLA.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, it probably costs less because you aren't on the street.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Khaton13

We are excited to read that you finally got chance to stay with us at the Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans and that it was all the great things you expected it to be. Thanks for your kind compliments, and please come see us again in the future!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Extremely elegant, wonderful friendly knowledgeable staff. Adorable setting. Reasonable pricing.. All around A+++

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank DuffneyInc2011

Thank you! We greatly appreciate your business and your comments. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

The Royal Sonnesta in New Orleans is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. We requested a quiet room, which we got, so even though we were in the middle of everything on Bourbon Street, the room was quiet. We had a standard room with a king bed, and it was perfect, the bathroom was good too. One of the amenities we loved is the pool area, with the pool bar right there. It was very relaxing. It would be fun to get a room right on the pool too! The service was excellent. I forgot one of my favorite pairs of jeans in the room, so I called the hotel once we got home and housekeeping promptly mailed my jeans to my house. That sure sold me on the service!

The only negative is the cost to park at the hotel (it's expensive), but that is true of parking in the heart of just about any city.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Royal Sonesta Hotel. We appreciate your sharing your experiences so that others can know of our consistent efforts to provide high quality customer service to each and every guest. We are so happy to read that your accommodations were just what you expected: quiet, comfortable, and relaxing. Please come back to see us soon and try a poolside room!

Reviewed July 12, 2011

The Royal Sonesta hotel is an absolute Oasis on Bourbon Street. As you enter the hotel lobby you will be taken in by the marble, flowers and fountain décor but mostly especially by the friendly service of the hotel staff. Our beautiful and clean courtyard facing room only added to our satisfaction. The location was excellent we walked to the convention center, fabulous restaurants, and fun bars. We would end our evening at the lobby bar listening to amazingly talented jazz musicians and vocalist another oasis in New Orleans. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dbfamily5

What a pleasure to read! We are so proud to hear that your stay at the Royal Sonesta was stimulating and highly satisfactory. Please come see us again when you’re next in town. Thank you for complimenting us as an “oasis on Bourbon.”