5,131 results
All reviewswine barbourbon streetpatrick's bar vinfrench quartergreat locationmarble floorssuperior kingbeautiful courtyardcomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitevery morninghalf blockcourtyard roomwonderful hotellight sleeperstreet noisewould definitely stay here again
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The perfect part of the stay was the location, only 1/2 block from Bourbon Street. It was just perfect so we could not hear the crazy noise of Bourbon Street but close enough to get into trouble. The staff was amazing starting with my check in with Nina, then breakfast with the young breakfast attendant (sorry didn't catch her name). The compl. breakfast was actually a full breakfast buffet with scrabled egged, bacon, sausage and tons more. I am so glad I paid extra for a balcony room overlooking Bienville Street. The room was spotless, large and very modern. The bathroom was also very large. You can tell the management staff pays very close attention to details. I will definitly stay at Hotel Mazarin next time in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Room 320 is great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

It's important to note that I'm gauging the hotel based on the room itself and the cost value perspective. I don't believe in the notion "Good for this area" it's based on my collective of hotels. In the end, it was average.

The Good:
*Breakfast was excellent
*Location was stellar. You away from the noise and grossness of Bourbon Street but can get there quickly
*Great double vanity set up
*Robes were a nice touch

The Less Than Good (granted some of this is pretty nit-picky but this is the #1 hotel):
*$800 for 3 nights and I got an "Oh, it's your anniversary" nothing more, that's okay
*90% of the time I walk around the staff to open the door for myself, just odd
*Had to request the second set of slippers that they listed as an amenity
*Had to have someone come up to reset my room safe (they did come quickly)
*Bed wasn't great. Sitting on it you could feel springs, laying on it, it felt better
*Pillows were bad and inconsistent - 1 hard, 1 medium, 1 soft
*I ran out of shampoo -it was never refilled, I had to run down a flight of stairs, and steal it off a cart. really, 2 people, 3 day stay - in a city where you want 6 showers a day, and they don't check the shampoo?
*The shower is stupid. It looks nice but is half frosted glass, half open - and the glass doesn't move. Inevitably you wet the entire floor. The shower head post starts about 6 fee of the ground and instead of bending at a gradual 45 degrees - it's 90 degrees down - probably to avoid the water all over the floor situation, which it doesn't. At 6'1" I got to squat and lean against the wall - gross and ill-though out. perhaps it's only room 512, I don't know.

All in all the stay wasn't bad...i didn't hate the hotel, but I sure didn't love it. Can't be #1 in the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brian L
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I like to visit NOLA once a month and stay at a different hotel based on trip advisor. Mazarin is very high and the hotel is beautiful. If you are planning to sleep, stay somewhere else. Too noisy for me !!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pbenny1
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The staff in the restaurants was fantastic. Breakfast was OK. The front desk staff was hit or miss. Night staff was much friendlier than the morning staff. The location is excellent. The CONS: unless you get a room that is not near the courtyard you will NOT get ANY sleep!!! The noise from the courtyard in the mornings can easily be cured with some earplugs BUT the noise from the housekeeping staff is OUT OF CONTROL! Each morning I was awoken by the housekeepers not just speaking loudly but screaming. I have never stayed in a hotel where this happened. I have traveled the world including third world countries and I have NEVER experienced this. It is completely ridiculous. Especially when you consider that people who come to NOLA often stay out very late. I would absolutely NOT recommend this hotel!!! By the way the bathroom mirror and baseboard had spots on it which is gross and when I was looking for my other shoe under the bed I was very Unpleasantly surprised a the filth. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Nick-Dal
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The location of this hotel is ideal, right around the corner from Bourbon Street. So you get the proximity without all the noise (though there will be some noise, it's New Orleans after all). We were within walking distance to Jackson Square, Preservation Hall, restaurants, the Charles St. streetcar, you name it.
We opted for the deluxe King room and I would highly recommend paying the extra for this as you get a bigger room with a sitting area and a huge bathroom. The rooms and bathrooms are gorgeous with beautiful marble floors and shower. Our friends got the petite King and it was so much smaller. We also asked for a room above the 2nd floor. The beds were very comfortable, though the pillows could have been fluffier.
The included breakfast buffet is decent, but just the basics like eggs and bacon and they serve the same menu every day.
I give them a gold star for customer service. One of the lens fell out of my glasses and I was in a panic. When I went to the front desk to inquire about a nearby drugstore to buy a kit, they sprang into action and sent down a maintenance man to fix them for me! Everyone on staff was so friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael D, General Manager at Hotel Mazarin, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

I was very pleased to see your positive comments about Hotel Mazarin during your stay. We take pride in our enhanced guest service training which showed in your comments regarding your glasses. I'm so glad to hear that our associates earned a gold star from you and were able to repair your glasses. We look forward to your return at Hotel Mazarin.