5,177 results
All reviews wine bar bourbon street patrick's bar vin french quarter great location marble floors superior king beautiful courtyard complimentary breakfast fresh fruit every morning half block courtyard room wonderful hotel light sleeper street noise would definitely stay here again
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We chose this charming boutique hotel because it was rated #1 on Trip Advisor and we concur. The quaint atmosphere had the New Orleans flavor that we wanted to experience. In the center of the hotel is a magnificent courtyard where we had our breakfast each day (included). The service and cleanliness could not have been better. And, we both commented on the quality of the bed's mattress and linens in our room. Unlike some of the previous writers, our room was quiet and we never heard noise in the lobby which was right on Bienville St. The location was great for us...a quick walk to Bourbon Street, a short walk to Canal Street and the Riverfront activities.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I booked a deluxe king room to celebrate our anniversary. We had never stayed before but based on its #1 rating we chose the Mazarin. The hotel was nice, large open courtyard and the breakfast was ok. I paid extra for a deluxe king which was smaller than our friends petite king. I asked the front desk and he commented, "All of our rooms are different, your room (234) is smaller but considered a deluxe king.... I don't know why." I feel like the pictures in the website should be somewhat representative of the rooms and when you pay for an "upgrade" your room should be better than the base room. The front desk advised that next time I book a deluxe king for the best room.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bday08
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I loved everything about this hotel. They had valet parking and a door man who were very friendly. I am active duty military and they gave us a free upgrade at check-in, very surprised. The room we stayed in had a balcony. The bed was awesome and the walk-in showers were amazing. The breakfast buffet was huge. They had everything from cereal to fruit cups-any kind of breakfast food you could want. It was almost on the corner of Bourbon street, so we were in walking distance to everything. I can not think of anything negative to say about this hotel. This was a trip that me and my husband will remember for a long time.

Room Tip: Our king sized balcony room was great. It did get a little noisy, but it was bearable. We were on the third floor and the hotel does have an elevator.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

After a lot of travel with my family (wife and daughter) over the years and many consultations with TripAdvisor, this is my first review. I was compelled to write because of our experience at the Mazarin. It is an extremely loud hotel due to its proximity to Bourbon Street. It sits between Bourbon and Royal. So, do not stay here if you want go to sleep before 2-3 am.

The staff was very very good, including breakfast service, bell hop, and valet, but for a quite frosty front desk. I imagine this was because many guest were talking about the extreme noise level and complaining to the front desk. The offer to us on my cal down was "ear plugs" and they may be able to move us to a quieter room the next day. Let me be clear, the cross street, Bienville, is the main problem as cars like to "cruise" with their extreme stereo systems blaring in front of the hotel as they go to cross Bourbon. Remember, Bourbon is closed at night but you can drive as cross traffic only, which is the cause of the noise issue (cruising and emergency services). So the low level revelry is not the problem.

The positives, the room and bathroom were very nice and roomy. In fact, the nicest in the city I have stayed at out of about 10 upscale New Orleans hotels. The bed was comfortable and the ac, very cold. The free breakfast was awesome and I appreciate that wifi is also free along with unlimited complimentary bottled water. But, oh the noise . . . . I am very very tired, and not just because I enjoyed NO with my wife. I would go back but only if I had an quiet room.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure you have a "back side" room as far away from Bienville as possible! There are a few rooms on the back side that have their own shared/private courtyard. I am told by the staff that they are quiet and really great.
2  Thank James R
Reviewed October 14, 2013

very clean, pleasant and helpful staff, great breakfast BUT not for the light sleeper if you choose a bienville facing room, particularly one with a balcony. you are literally a stone's throw from bourbon street, which may sound great but only if you plan to be partying late every night. and be awakened early (6 am) by the pressure washer used next doors at the royal sonesta to clean the street of vomit and urine! make sure you request a back room, where you will have little natural light but more pleasant nights. otherwise perfectly situated in the French quarter. perfect adjoining wine bar (Patrick’s) for pre dinner cocktails. uptown magazine street for dining. Frenchmen street for blues bars, arrive early.

Room Tip: completely at the back is a separate section with a cute terrace, quiet and pretty.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple