“Great Choice”

Ranked #5 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston
“Great Choice”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by someone who travels frequently. I arrived in New Orleans on the final day of the Essence weekend and the Quarter was still pretty busy. Our room was ready in a short time after we arrived. The room was nicer than I expected, large and really well done. The hotel was very clean and the public spaces were nicely decorated. We had breakfast both mornings of our stay and the people in the kitchen worked to keep the buffet presentation looking fresh and appealing. The best thing about the hotel was just how quiet it was at night,and given the hotel's position between Royal and Bourbon Streets, the quiet really impressed me. In the past, I have stayed at larger hotels in the Quarter, but this trip the Mazarin really worked well for my partner and me.

1 Thank geminijohn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,175)
  • Hebrew first
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2013

For my first visit to New Orleans, I wanted to stay close to the French Quarter without being kept up all night by the crowds on Bourbon street. I also didn't want to stay in a grungy hotel. Hotel Mazarin was the perfect choice! The hotel is located 50 feet from Bourbon street, but shielded from the late night noise. The hotel has New Orleans charm, but is modern and updated, so you feel the comfort of staying in a nice place. The lobby was cozy and welcoming. Everyone who worked there was friendly. The rooms are beautiful with comfy beds and large showers. Good WiFi access.

The breakfast in the morning was pretty disappointing compared to all the wonderful restaurants nearby. I would recommend skipping it and checking out the locale fare. Patrick's Bar Vin (off of the courtyard) was our favorite place to start the evening. Patrick serves up drinks and stories and we just loved the place. Compared to the trashy places on Bourbon, you feel the quaint character of the area.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mzqb
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We booked at this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. Our stay at the Hotel Mazarin was one stopping point in our overall trip and we were not disappointed. The location of the hotel made it ideal for our visit to New Orleans. Everything was within walking distance, including the public transportation.

Upon checking in we were a bit concerned about parking as we were driving a collector car but the hotel took care of everything. The rooms were perfect but the staff was what really made the visit. They were exceptionally helpful and friendly and played a significant role in the success of our visit.

The rooms were clean and well appointed - something that I'm picky about. The included breakfast was good and again the staff made the experience great!

Will definitely be recommending to friends and family.

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I love NOLA and was very happy to find this gem of a hotel so close to Bourbon St. and within walking distance to other attractions. The décor is a marvel-a blend of classic with modern comfort. The courtyard was peaceful and an enjoyable spot to enjoy the complimentary breakfast or an evening cocktail. The hotel provides free Wifi which is a huge bonus. The valet was speedy and the staff in general were very courteous and helpful without being overbearing.

Room Tip: French Quarter view is very "vieux carre"
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Allen, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here with a couple of friends, we got a double room on the 2nd floor. The location is excellent, between Bourbon st and Royal. As I've mentioned earlier, we got a room on the 2nd floor and we can hear every noise coming from the courtyard.

They have a nice wine bar with reasonable prices. The complimentary breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: You can hear every noise from the courtyard if you have a room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The location was excellent. One block off of Bourbon St. We had a room on the 5th floor so no noise at night. I haven't stayed at any other hotels in the French Quarter so I have nothing to compare it to; but, overall, I was a bit disappointed. There was no pool (you could walk across the street to another hotel and use their's). No windows in our room therefore no view. The court yard had a cover over it to keep out the sun. It cooled the fountain area off quite a bit which was nice. The room was a bit small; but, spotless. Big flat screen TV but not a lot of channels to watch. The pay per view was $18 per. The bed was adequate and had 5 different pillows. I loved the bathroom. It was very large, fairly modern and like the rest of the hotel absolutely spotless. The staff must spend a lot of time keeping the hotel clean. I was very impressed. The free breakfast was also outstanding, scrambled eggs, toast, sausage, bacon, grits, bagels with cream cheese, English muffins, fresh fruits, fresh fruit dishes and all sorts of cereal and the usual assortment of teas and coffee. The orange juice tasted fresh squeezed. Valet parking was about $40 dollars and day and they stained our car as rusty old water must have leaked on it all day and night. I took one star for no pool, no windows, no restaurant and staining my car.

1 Thank RandomNav
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family of 16 just recently stayed at Hotel Mazarin for 5 nights.. It was a great experience!! The location is great (right off Bourbon), the hotel is charming ,quaint,and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly (with that many people we had a few mishaps and the hotel staff was very helpful). The breakfast buffet was delicious. I would strongly recommend the Hotel Mazarin to anyone who is planning a visit to New Orleans. I know that I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family