“A hidden treasure for the price”
Review of Hotel Mazarin

Hotel Mazarin
Ranked #6 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Our Room contained two very comfortable Queen beds in a well appointed room with beautiful black marble floors, a gorgeous marble bathroom and lots of classy features. We were on the 5th floor so noise was not an issue. This Hotel is in the heart of the French Quarter right next to Bourbon, Royal and Canal street. Staff friendly and helpful and always with a smile. I loved the Courtyard also. Breakfast consists of Eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, eggs benedict, Danish, fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh ground coffee. Enough food to keep you filled to Dinner time. I am definately staying here the next time I vist New Orleans!!!

1  Thank Tattiehoker
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mazarin

Reviewed February 5, 2013

From the initial greeting even before arriving at the check-in desk to the genuine and friendly handshake upon departure, the staff and service at Hotel Mazarin was superb.
All employees were friendly and attentive all the time. I was with a group of "beer guys" and everytime we arrived back at the lobby, either day or night we were always "welcomed home".
Housekeeping was excellent, rooms were in terrific shape and every morning the breakfast ,included with the room, was attended by several employees on hand all the time. And yes they were friendly and eager to serve as well. If you want to experience New Orleans hospitality, you'll most certainly get it at the Hotel Mazarin! NICE WORK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Perfect location, clean rooms, outstanding breakfast, friendly helpful staff, comfy beds, nice shower but a little loud at times. Stayed in room 308 and could hear people in next room talking a few nights Would stay again but try a different room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phylzie
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly situated just off Bourbon St. Had a room in the back courtyard away from the noise of the street. Rooms were well appointed and spacious. Comfy beds. Breakfast was great. Quaint courtyards to enjoy. All staff was friendly and gracious. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank wohlrabj
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was my first stay at the hotel. Ulysses and Caitlin and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean.
A breakfast buffet was also provided which was amazing. It was a half block from Bourbon St. and was convenient to everything. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Beautiful courtyard
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Peggy B
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very Clean and Upscale Boutique Hotel.
Parking at $35/day was a bit pricey, but the location was PERFECT and made up for the cost. Close to Everything we wanted to see....all in walking distance, even for my 88 year old Mother.
Awesome stay. Everything was superb!!! I took my mother to New Orleans for her 88th Birthday celebration and decided to stay in the French Quarters at Hotel Mazarin. My Mom (and family) was VERY satisfied with the accommodations. The staff was very friendly as well. The fully included buffet breakfast was a nice extra. Rooms were very clean and had a European touch. We will be staying at Hotel Mazarin on our next trip back to New Orleans. I cannot say enough good things about our stay!!!!! My wife and I stayed in Room 411, which is a Deluxe King room, tucked away in the corner on the 4th floor...overlooking the courtyard in the back. We Loved this room. Sister and Mom stayed in room 414 Superior Room with 2 queen beds overlooking the Main Court Yard. This was also a very nice room.
Thank You EVERYONE at Hotel Mazarin for making my Mom's 88th Birthday Celebration a TRUE memory we will treasure. P.S. The complimentary bottle of wine for her Birthday was a nice touch!!! Thanks Again!!!

Room Tip: For couples....ask for a corner room. We had room 411 with 2 windows w/French Blinds overlooking the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank scubabt
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was in town for work and wanted to stay in the French Quarter. The location was great! I enjoyed an afternoon of walking around. This hotel is also withing walking distance of Tulane hospital, if you are working there. The bed was very comfortable and had "real" pillows, not just the feather ones. The breakfast was good and had real (not canned) fruit and great pain au chocolate. My only complaint was that the shower did not get hot enough. I enjoy a hot shower and could only stand about 5 minutes without being too cold. Also, they were painting the outside of the hotel and there was no signage. I think I walked by it three times. All in all, I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor which is only accessible by stairs. If you have any health issues make sur...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business