WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Mazarin

Hotel Mazarin
Ranked #3 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
White House, Tennessee
“Really Liked This Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

We just returned from a a stay at the Hotel Mazarin and we really enjoyed both the quality and the service. The hotel was clean and the staff was very pleasant and helpful The breakfast was a nice touch. And it was very good. We were in a superior king and it was very spacious. The bed was comfortable ad I love the layout of the bathroom. It is modern and updated with old world charm. I had the opportunity to see the two suites and they also were beautiful. We will definitely stay here again.

2 Thank Joanie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,087)
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Hotel Mazarin is truly a lovely oasis in the crazy city of New Orleans. Half a block from noisy bars on Bourbon Street is this inviting and relaxing hotel - rooms are spacious, clean and well-appointed, the breakfast buffet delicious and we especially loved the little wine bar as a quiet spot to start of finish our evenings after fun times in the French Quarter. A wonderful find in NOLA! (only negative was the staff's recommendations on fine dining - ask elsewhere)

Room Tip: It was nice to have a room that opened up to the inner courtyard - which was covered up to prevent r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JillC737
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

After a four day cruise my wife and I added an extra day to tour New Orleans. We booked at the Hotel Mazarin. Upon arrivial I thought I had made a terrible mistake...the outside of the building has no identifying information and looks in very rough shape.

However, we went inside and found a very exception hotel with excellent staff. Rene the bellboy greeted us at the door. We knew checkin was not until 3pm, however since the cruise ship boots you off at 9am we just wanted to get rid of the bags and do some sightseeing. Rene and Larry, looked at the reservations and were not only able to get us into our room immdiately but we able to give us a little better room. And even though we had just gotten off the ship we found ourselves a little hungry and they informed us that the breakfast was available until 11am. They had a nice mix of hot and cold options.

We were very happy with the quality of the room, nice furniture, pleasant decor. I really liked this hotel...it was only a 1/2 block off Bourbon Street and on the day we were there very quiet.

They had a normal check out time of 12 Noon which was perfect for our flight. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to New Orleans in the near future.

As an added note...what we later discovered was that most of the area in and around Bourbon Street are undergoing some sort of repairs in preparation for the Super Bowl in February and the Hotel was doing some updating.

Floor 5 may not be able to see down into the court yard at this time as they have a large Tarp to protect the guests, the plants and the outside decorations as they paint the upper levels. The work that was going on was really a non-issue

2 Thank DaveandGale
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was a repeat trip to the French Quarter and the hotel was superb! First, the staff: Caitlin, Renee and Ulysses were exceptional and couldn't be more friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the shower was as hot as you'd like! Enjoy !!

Room Tip: For quiet, do not get a room in the main courtyard area, but choose one down 'one of the halls...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

For years I was in New Orleans frequently, often sharing the city with friends. I had a favorite hotel where I stayed. Everyone remembered me and treated me like family. After a long gap between visits, I found my favorite hotel dark and rebranded, the old charm and staff gone. I decided to try the Hotel Mazarin.

The decor is lovely and in keeping with the city's history... why would anyone go to NOLA and stay in a hotel that looks like it could be located anywhere?

Most of the staff is friendly and very accommodating. The lagniappe provided is just right .....in addition to in room coffee, there is bottled water, complimentary wireless, complimentary breakfast including hot items. The location is excellent for walking to all sorts of great dining and sightseeing. The suggestions for restaurants and sightseeing were excellent. Taking care of having a cab ready for our early morning departure was seamless.

There were a few negatives. Construction noise came at unwelcome times as did noise from the courtyard late at night. (Not uncommon where courtyards abound.) There was some noise from the street... a downside of the excellent location.

Would I stay there again? YES!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Nice rooms very clean but best part was smiling helpful staff from check-in to check-out. Also thought complimentary water bottles a very nice touch. The breakfast buffet is great, good choices, wonderful fresh fruit, creamy grits and the best buffet scrambled eggs I've ever had. Also you can't beat the location. Right in the middle of the French Quarter. We definitely will come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the back side if you don't want to hear Street noise. We each have ipho...
1 Thank jeannie h
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

First and foremost, the hotel is beautiful and very clean. Our room was very nice, the shower was beautiful and I really liked the floors in the room (nice not having carpet). Also, the breakfast was good. It was our first time in New Orleans and I was not sure where to stay. We stayed with family our other night in town, but wanted to experience the French Quarter so I selected this hotel.

We stayed on Sunday, December 9th for only one night. When we checked into the hotel the clerk said they had a few room options to choose from, both the clerk and one of the maids suggested we stay in room 418. The room was large, nice king size bed and window overlooking the front. But, I really wish they had told me how NOISY the room would be. I had NO SLEEP!!! I could hear outside noise, screaming loud men & women (sounded intoxicated from Bourban Street), cab drivers talking, garbage trucks early in the morning, etc. I understand I was staying close to Bourban Street, but I really don't think the staff should suggest those rooms unless they give "ear plugs" to handle the noise. Maybe they could add some type of "white noise" for that room. (note: I've stayed in other big cities where a "white noise" machine was in room and it helps).

Sadly, when I checked out I mentioned to the man at front desk how noisy the room was (note: when he asked me how was your nights stay) and he said ... "Oh, the guests that stayed in there the night before complained about noise too" .... I was surprised he didn't offer any compensation ... just that remark :-(.

I'm sure I will be back to visit New Orleans, my brother and his wife relocated to NOLA earlier this year - across the river in smaller town. I have other family members wanting to visit and this hotel is very nice and clean, but I would really appreciate the management recommending a room where you can get a good nights sleep!

Thanks and have a good day.

Room Tip: Please make sure you ask for a room away from the street! Don't stay on the street side unless...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles