“First timer in N.O.L.A”
Review of Hotel Mazarin

Hotel Mazarin
Ranked #7 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I cant compare the Mazarin to any other hotel in the area since it was my first trip to New Orleans. But I can say it was a lovely hotel. I stayed in room 304. It was larger than I expected since most older hotels have smaller rooms. It had french doors that opened up to a small balcony with no chairs but still it was nice to step out and see the street and all that goes on. I like the marble floors; it really made the room look expensive and the bedding was modern and clean. The bathroom was sexy with black marble throughout and a large shower with privacy glass on the front half of the length of the shower and open down the other half. I found the service to be excellent. I dont usually even notice the service at most hotels but the staff was very accomadating. The only warning I have is that in inclement weather they put a tarp over the courtyard. So if you are 3rd floor or above on those type of days, you will not see the court yard but a large white tarp.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KATINCIBOLO
Write a ReviewReviews (4,586)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is my first time staying at Hotel Mazarin and I will definitely be coming back. The room was beautiful, the hotel staff was excellent and the location was great. I was traveling on business and decided that I did not want to stay in a chain hotel. Hotel Mazarin definitely lives up to all of the excellent reviews.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MeJR_12
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were early so they let us drop our bags and eat a free breakfast. It was a very decent breakfast. We were on the second floor and a corner room. It overlooked the outdoor area for the hotel. The bed was soft and very comfortable with tons of pillows. A sitting area with a nice chair. Two sinks with a huge mirror and a mirror on the side with light. Shower was great and had nice pressure. Nice stand in the bathroom for your items to sit on. It is nice having the sinks and mirror outside of the bathroom so more than one person can get ready at a time. Nice shampoo and conditioner and a hair dryer available. In room phone worked well. TV was a nice flatscreen. Staff was very professional. Friendly doorman willing to do his job. Happily took our bags to the cab. We would definitely return and would recommend it for solo, couples and families. Noise does carry very well in the courtyard and hallways so keep that in mind when you are walking through or closing doors. It's New Orleans, some people like to sleep late.

1  Thank Suzan H
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Mazarin is lovely, clean, staff is wonderful, great location, but none of those things matter much when you can't get a decent night's sleep. My husband and I had the worst night's sleep ever in a hotel. There is no insulation from street noise, or noise within the hotel. We have stayed in the French Quarter many many times and have never experienced such a noisy night. Maybe it was just the room we had, but with so many other hotel options in the area, we aren't willing to take another chance on the Mazarin.

1  Thank otisfiber
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The room was beautiful, with marble floors and lovely decor. The employees were really nice and helpful. The hotel is in a wonderful location in the French Quarter. I will definitely stay there again!

1  Thank cher211
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 nights here for our first time to NOLA. Great location.The front desk staff were friendly, helpful, and attentive. The hotel lobby and courtyard are very beautiful. The free breakfast if very good with a nice variety and the wait staff in the breakfast area were constantly refilling the food items and kept everything clean. The room was very nicely decorated, comfortable, and had everything we needed. The only downside was the noise level in the room in the early mornings. They are doing some renovations and the men working on the building start around 7 or 8am! Also one morning they set up the large courtyard tarp around 7 am and that woke us right up. Also we did get upgraded to a larger room but it was next to a very noisy ice machine. I should have asked for a room change but we just stuck it out since we had unpacked. I had to roll up a towel and place it under the door to reduce the noise level and it helped a little. I would definitely return to the Hotel Mazarin but probably after the renovations.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the ice machine.