Hotel Mazarin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Prince Conti Hotel(New Orleans)
Grenoble House(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
4,955 results
All reviewswine barbourbon streetpatrick's bar vinfrench quartergreat locationmarble floorsbeautiful courtyardcomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitevery morninghalf blockcourtyard roomwonderful hotelstreet noiselight sleeperwould highly recommend this hotelwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was our first time to New Orleans and we were so excited. Hotel Mazarin is very pretty with a beautiful courtyard and small, but elegant rooms. The windows have old fashioned shutters, which were a nice touch. The slight problem we had was the location of our room. It was under the stairs so we had little natural light. After asking to be moved we were told the hotel was sold out for that weekend. We weren't in the room much, but having sunlight stream through the window in the morning would have been nice. Other than that the room was very cozy with a large comfortable bed and a beautiful black marble bathroom. The front desk staff was very helpful with answering our questions and making suggestions for things to do/see. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast that can be eaten in the courtyard. Definitely a perk. At night we tried the wine bar on the first floor of the hotel and it was delicious. The wine selection is nice and the atmosphere is very romantic. We plan on returning to NOLA soon and Hotel Mazarin will be the place we stay.

Room Tip: Courtyard can get loud with all the festivities. Ask for a room not facing the courtyard of you want quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

$10,000 for a suite/$2,000 for a room is posted price on the room door, we paid less than that so guess they are getting ready to nail people for the 2013 superbowl.

Before posting this review, I read some other reviews here. I am not sure how some people have a great experience yet others have the same exact problems I have. I notice the hotel management responding to some of the earlier complains similar to mine, thanking the reviewer so they can fix the problem. If they really cared they would not keep making the same mistakes.

-LOUD. The tile walkways and black marble room floors are beautiful but they make the noise travel and increase. We were in room #307, which is an adjoining room, the maids were cleaning the room next to us (#306) and we could hear their conversation like they were in the same room. There is almost an inch gap under the adjoining doors so voices and noises travel freely between rooms. This made us very self-conscious about talking or any noise we may make lest the whole hotel hear us. We could also hear the ice machine each time it was used, room #305 is right next to the ice machine.

They put a tarp over the courtyard during colder weather , if you are on the 4th or 5th floor you look at the top of the tarp. If you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor the tarp traps the noise under it, and bounces it into the room. We stayed on the back of the property so this was not street noise, it came from the hotel itself. The property was virtually empty during our stay and the restaurant was closed for remodeling and it was still noisy. The free breakfast from 0700-1100 is tasty, and a big positive for the property…but again the noise of setting up breakfast begins at 0630 so don’t plan on sleeping past 0630!

-NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. There are two parking spots in front for guest checking in. When we arrived one held a contractor van, the other a guest checking in. The valet showed no hurry to move the other guest car even though we were waiting to pull in. After checking in we noticed a luggage cart unattended full of luggage in the lobby with no bellman in sight. As we are unloading our luggage the bellman finally appeared and assured us he would bring our luggage up soon, he seemed incredulous when I wondered aloud why the hotel only had one luggage cart. “We have two, but the contractor is using one”

So the contractor ranks ahead of the guests for service!!!

Prior to arrival we received an email mentioning parking was offsite and please call 30 mins before needing the vehicle. On departure day, we called the front desk and Larry assured us it would be very quick because parking was now onsite, and the guest must be in the lobby prior to calling for the car. We checked out and they called for the car…it took 40 mins and two calls for the car to arrive. The valet stopped in the middle of the street, and very politely held my door wide open for me to enter in traffic…leaving us to load our own bags.

The free breakfast was superb! The bathroom had two large pedestal sinks and plenty of light for my girlfriend to apply makeup. And the location is great too.

There is no pool, nor room service. The bathroom floor was dirty and no one had dusted the floor under the bed in a long time. I rated our premium king room average...it was a nice size, but was not cleaned properly and was too noisy.

My only room tip is, don’t stay here! Royal Sonesta or Hotel Montelone are both less than a block away.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel, but if you must stay here get a room on the fifth floor back of the property.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CowtownCPA
mdezura, General Manager at Hotel Mazarin, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your review. Please know it is State Law to post the highest possible rates on the "law card" placed on the back of the guest room door. We have some breath taking suites in our hotel that do garnish a much higher rate than our usual guest rooms. The courtyard canopy is in place for the convenience of our guests. Guests on the higher floors have the great views of French Quarter roof tops and historic buildings surrounding us. We appreciate your comments about the lack of service you received. We have followed up on your issues. We invite you back to experience what the majority of our tripadvisor reviewers are experiencing. Please contact me directly when making your future reservation.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was on the tail-end of a business conference in Nola and I wanted a Quarter hotel that wasn't right on the noisy path but close enough to everything that I could easily walk. And I wanted something that made me feel safe since I was traveling alone. The Mazarin fit the bill in EVERY respect.

The newly redecorated property is 1/2 a block from Bourbon but the minute you enter the front doors, the noises and drama disappear. I love New Orleans and am a frequent visitor, but sometimes you just want a touch of quiet and elegance. And Mazarin has it. I was won over by the gorgeous courtyard and the knowledge that Patrick Bar Vin, the wine bar downstairs, could be my home-away-from home when I wasn't frequenting the area restaurants and bars.

The staff was efficient, helpful and very friendly. They took care of me right away when I arrived, even though I was checking in early, and took care of my luggage while I attended the last day of the conference. When I returned, they led me to my gorgeous king suite overlooking the courtyard of Bar Vin. The floors are a cool (literally) marble tile that is delicious to walk on after a hot day spent trolling the city, the furnishings are stylishly classic (you feel like you're walking back in time to a turn-of-the-century Big Easy room without the dust) and the linens were high quality and extremely comfortable. Bathrooms are supremely well-appointed and the shower/toiletries are fab.

I requested a room with a balcony and was given a prime view over the wine bar courtyard. With the French doors open, on a quiet morning, you could hear the local foot traffic, the courtyard fountain and the distant call of cathedral bells, ship horns and even jazz music from down the way on Bourbon. I will say that having the doors open at the height of a hot day wasn't really possible (not surprising) and keeping them open at night also wasn't possible due to the proximity to Bourbon Street (again, not surprising). But the minute the doors were closed, the room cooled completely and the sounds of the street miraculously vanished. When I return, I might ask for a higher room with a balcony or a room with a view on the other side of the hotel, but only due to the expected street noise. It wasn't so much of a problem that I requested a different room or anything like that -- it was a fabulous room and view and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Great daily breakfast in the courtyard as well.

Do yourself a favor and book this hotel on your next visit -- the location, the staff, the rooms, the ambiance -- they're all top-notch and you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front will likely have street noise -- if that bothers you, request a room on the interior courtyard or on the back or river side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Well thank you for such a positive and glowing review of the Hotel Mazarin!! We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and ownership involvement with our training program. We hand pick our staff before they are hired to ensure the highest guest service. The complimentary breakfast at Hotel Mazarin was instituted as our ownership doesn't want us to "nickel and dime" our guests. We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return. Have a great holiday season!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Breakfast was great from a timing perspective - quality was good though a little more variety would be an improvement. Bed was very comfortable. Closet space was lacking. An Armoire would be an improvement. Shower was exceLlent - though more counter space would be an improvement. We really liked the location on the interior courtyard as it was wonderfully quiet. All in all we would recommend to friends and chose to stay again ourselves.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Remodeled last year. Enter in nice lobby and then into large courtyard. Rooms all open onto central courtyard from balcony, so no outside noise. Pretty furniture, big comfortable bed, up-to-date bathroom. Full breakfast included. Enthusiastic staff with helpful manager who wandered through the breakfast room. Good (but expensive) bar also opens onto courtyard.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple