5,136 results
All reviewswine barbourbon streetpatrick's bar vinfrench quartergreat locationmarble floorssuperior kingbeautiful courtyardcomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitevery morninghalf blockcourtyard roomwonderful hotellight sleeperstreet noisewould definitely stay here again
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Beautiful hotel. Very clean. Wonderful staff, very friendly and were sincere in making your stay a pleasant one. Very nice bar and bartenders. Best hotel breakfast we have ever had. The grits were divine.
As I said, I cannot wait to go back. A true treasure, and we have stayed in many hotels in New Orleans. The best. Oh, and located in very safe area.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our courtyard room. We wanted away from street hustle and bustle.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TomBall T
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I travel to New Orleans often and decided to try this hotel. The room was nice with a little balcony overlooking Bienville. The real issues began when we returned to the room around 1 am tired and ready to sleep. The noise from outside was incredibly loud. Now we know that the French Quarter is a nosiy and fun place, but this went beyond what we expected. The worst being the person laying on the car horn for hours! At 4:30 am we began to wonder when and if it would ever stop. Sunrise did the trick, but by then we were exhausted. We ended up getting up early, having breakfast (included, but nothing special) and heading home to prepare for Isaac. When my husband mentioned that it was a "little noisy" when checking out, the person just said it was because there had been a football game (we knew that, we were there). Of course, all that being said, the hotel is really not responsible for the noise outside. The bottom line is that this perhaps is not the hotel to choose on a game weekend!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LD T
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a lovely hotel in a great location in the French quarter. The front desk staff were very friendly and attentive. The hotel is built around a lovely courtyard, which also provides a nice setting to enjoy breakfast. The breakfast was very good with a selection of hot and cold food. Our room was modern and very well appointed. The only negative was that we struggled to get any hot water from the shower. We mentioned this, and a chap came up to have a look at it, and he fiddled around with it for a bit and managed to get it a little bit warmer, but I couldn't understand much of what he was saying, and when I came to use it again, it was still tepid. Unfortunately, tropical storm Isaac meant we had to leave a night early, but with the minor exception of the shower, this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I recently stayed here when I attended a wedding in the hotel and overall I was really pleased. The hotel is in a great location, right off Bourbon street. That makes it a little noisy, but not too bad. The rooms were large and clean. The beds were comfortable with nice crisp white linens and down comforters. There is valet parking with in and out privileges available and the buffet breakfast included in our rate was basic but good. Our only complaints were that the water in the shower only got to luke warm instead of hot and the front desk staff are pretty useless. We tried to ask about transportation options to Commander's Palace where we had dinner reservations and they seem to have none of the normal tourist information that you would expect from a hotel. The answer to pretty much every question was "I don't know" so I finally called the restaurant to get info on taxis and public transit. But other than that, the stay was lovely.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms have balconies which can be nice, but those rooms are a bit louder. For quite, ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, awesome French Quarter location convenient to walk many places or take the streetcar. Tasteful decoration, great lighting, and no harsh lighting, plus enough of it which seems rare in hotels these days. Rene the bellboy was extremely kind, as was Ms. Sloveknic(?) at breakfast and Caitlin at the front desk. Indeed, everyone we encountered was extremely helpful, warm, and kind. Breakfast was delicious and not just a continental affair. Awesome grits, bacon, sausage, etc. Try the French 75 at the bar, delicious! We have no complaints. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends