5,179 results
All reviews wine bar bourbon street patrick's bar vin french quarter great location marble floors superior king beautiful courtyard complimentary breakfast fresh fruit every morning half block courtyard room wonderful hotel light sleeper street noise would definitely stay here again
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We originally booked a room in one of the larger Hotels outside of the French Quarter for the first weekend of Jazzfest. We normally do not like those larger properties. I kept looking for a smaller property in the Quarter that wasn't all booked up and kept being directed to Hotel Mazarin. I knew nothing about it at all! I went totally off pictures and previous reviews and price for a small Quarter Hotel.
The trip was closing in and I decided to go ahead and book it. We booked a room with a Balcony. Upon arrival around 10 am on a Saturday we knew our room wouldnt be ready so the front desk and bellman took our bags and we went off on our way to enjoy the Quarter for a while. Our room was ready we we got back around 3 pm. The bellman brought our bags up and we were set. The room was a nice size. Marble floors with a few rugs around the bed. The bathroom was also a nice size. A large shower. If not having total privacy in the shower or a shower that does not have a sliding glass door bother you, this may not for you. My only disappointment in the room is that when booking it shows a room when I clicked on this room that did not match it. The one in the preview when booking had a dining table and two balcony's. I understand that all rooms cant be on the corner, but it was a little disappointing that it wasnt that room. The balcony is not really big enough for the chairs provided in the room and their is no table on the balcony to be able to sit and enjoy a glass of wine or drink on it. It was nice to open the doors and let the sounds of the Quarter and the nice weather in. I have asked before that when booking that I want the room in the photograph, but hey, we bookd at the last minute and it was a Jazzfest weekend. The room was really nice and I have no complaints about it at all when all is said and done.
The bed was vey comfortable. A little too soft for me, but not too bad. Lots of pillows too! The bathroom was a really nice size and has all the amenities you would expect. The towels were of nice quality also. We never turned the t.v. on so I have no idea about that, but I am sure it was fine if we had. A safe is provided in the chest that the t.v. sits on and always come i n handy. The little fridge that is provided is not big enough for a bottle of wine to lay down and the rack does not remove so you cannot stand it up either. A coffe maker is provided in the chest along with a few packages of coffee. We made coffe the first morning while getting ready and it was fine. The second morning when getting ready to make coffe we noticed that when they came to make the room up they replentished the coffee with all decafs! That was a big disappointment. We could have called the front desk, but we were getting ready and decided to just wait till breakfast. They also did not remove the coffee packets from the coffe maker when they cleaned the room. Little things, but thats what seperates the good from the really good and excellent hotels.
The breakfast that comes with the rooms and is offered down by the courtyard was excellent. Breakfast cereals, breakfast breads, grits, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices and coffee.Staring the day off with a nice breakfast in the courtyard by the fountain was a treat.
The staff was very friendly and helpful from the beginning. A very professional staff ready to be of service.
The hotel is located between Royal and Bourbon, closer to Bourbon St. The noise at night and especially on a weekend does make its way into the room, but it's New Olreans and thats part of it. It never interfered with our sleep, but if you are a light sleeper it might. We saw two different wedding party's march down in front of the Hotel . It was very cool! The bride and groom, the marching band, the wedding party following with their white handkerchiefs shaking them in the air.
I wouldnt hesitate to recommend Hotel Mazarin to anyone. A very clean and well maintined property. Excellent staff that appears to be ready to please! Close to all that the Quarter offers and still a short walk to the streetcars to go to the Garden District.

1  Thank mccrazyone
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We paid top dollar for a king size room with balcony during jazz fest. And that's about all we got. The room overlooked road construction, so the balcony was a disappointment. The minibar was empty. The message light on the phone blinked continuously and would not make any calls. The breakfast buffet was typical (scrambled eggs, meat, toast) and did not feature any regional specialties other than grits. The staff was pleasant, but not very helpful with any of our requests (early check-in, fix the phone, explain the bill, etc).
On the other hand, we could not have asked for a better location. It was an easy walk to Bourbon Street and Jackson Square, art galleries, shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Balconies are only available on the third floor, facing the street.
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The level of personal service from start to finish was amazing. The staff @ Hotel Mazarin exceeded our expectations Rene gave us directions & dining advise he was also very patient as he helped us with our luggage. We never heard NO. The room was amazing & the courtyard view beautiful. We would highly recommend a stay @ Hotel Mazarin!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Fabulous-T
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Quite honestly, this hotel exceeded my expectations. I had stayed here 13 years ago when it was the St. Louis Hotel - at that time it was a faded southern belle. Lovely architecture and details but a bit shabby.

Newly renovated as the Hotel Mazarin, our room was spacious (including the bathroom) and the staff was extremely helpful. I was expecting the complementary breakfast to be the typical offering of muffins, bagels and coffee. Instead, we were treated to a daily hot breakfast that included eggs, sausage, grits, fresh fruit salad and croissants. You can't beat the location - only steps away from Royal and Bourbon Street. Despite being so close to Bourbon Street, I was amazed at how quiet it was. The bellman, Rene, was so helpful and knowledge. He provided great recommendations for restaurants and tours.

I loved this hotel and would stay here again the next time I'm in New Orleans.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Mazarin for our honeymoon last week, and it was great! The first room we were given did not match the description of the room we booked, but there were no other rooms available that night. The next day, the staff changed us to another room, and upgraded us for the troubles. There were no complaints or bad attitudes from this staff! They were also helpful with little things throughout the trip - band-aids, directions, hailing cabs, etc. The room was very comfortable, the TV was large and new, the breakfast was delicious, and our room was very quiet, despite being only one block from Bourbon Street. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We were advised at check-in that courtyard rooms are sometimes very noisy, because the hotel rents out the courtyard for weddings and other events - ask for a quiet room rather than a view-specific room!
1  Thank schmusebahr