“Cozy, great service, but overrated food”
Review of La Boca

La Boca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 1,945 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Cross street: St. Joseph
Description: La Boca is an Argentine style steakhouse with our entire menu focused on the national food of Argentina, beef. 13 different cuts on any given night accompanied with legendary french fries and house made pastas. The wine list is entirely from Argentina with Malbec being the focus. Maitre'd of the Year Orestes Rodriguez will greet you at the door and make sure your stay is as fulfilling as the food.
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Cozy, great service, but overrated food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The positive reviews about service, atmosphere and knowledgeable wait staff is spot on.
The food? Well, nothing special. Certainly the appetizer plate was very good - probably the best thing we had.
The steaks were by no means bad. My steak - a ribeye - was flavorful and cooked properly. But it wasn't any better than what I've made at home, and I'm no professional chef and I don't own a restaurant. Having read the rave reviews about La Boca, I was ready to be bowled over with the best steak I'd ever eaten. It was good, yes. But nowhere near what others were raving about.
The overall rating is very good, brought to that level by the atmosphere and the wait staff, but not the food.

• Visited July 2012

• Greek first
Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic steak!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Last night in NOLA so stayed close to our hotel. Read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor so decided to go. They squeezed us in even though we didn't have a reservation. The waitress was very friendly, even suggested we could share the 20 oz. ribeye. In short, the experience was wonderful. Best steak we ever ate! The salads were good, too.

Monroe, Louisiana
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Small and quaint Argentine steakhouse in the Warehouse District. Skirt steak caught me off guard! Was not expecting it to be that good. I usually do not let waiters talk me into entree's but this one was very knowledgeable and presented solid recommendations from the steak, temp, and Argentine wine. Caramel Crepes were just how you would expect. I have eaten at many steakhouses around the country and this was a nice change of pace from the usual American genres.

Visited November 2012
Denver, CO
“Fantastic in every way”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The Entraña Fina was fantastic and with so much flavor. The Provoleta appetizer,
Grilled Argentine Cheese, Olive Oil & Oregano - delicious. La boca has a great atmosphere with so much old New Orleans charm.
La boca is one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans

Seattle, Washington
“Top 10 in my lifetime”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Tiny place - 12 tables. Worth every penny. One of the best steaks I have had in my life. Cozy, comfortable atmosphere.

Visited November 2012