“A Nice Local Find”

Ranked #778 of 2,093 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed June 6, 2015 via mobile

"Things happen for a reason". After a bizarre encounter with Grub Hub I ended up dropping by the Pyramid Cafe. I'm glad I did.

It has a great neighborhood feel with plenty of folks dropping in for take out. The menu has a good selection of Mediterranean dishes but is not overwhelming. I had a grape leaves appetizer, chicken shish kabob and both were tasty and I wasn't overpowered by spices . The baclava(sp?) was outstanding!

Adding to the enjoyment of an already good meal was the service provided by Parker. The budding jazz guitarist didn't play music but his engagement and attentiveness hit all the right notes.

Good food+ good service+good prices= a good stop for me

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stop by this restaurant about once a month when I need a little Greek!

The menu is broad, the prices are low and the food is good. Don't judge it by its decor. The people are friendly and there is never a wait to order or delay in serving the food.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I love popping into this place and grabbing a to go order. The atmosphere isn't great, but I just go for the food. One of the best gyro sandwiches I've ever tasted. The hummus is heavenly too.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We visited Pyramid Cafe after reading the reviews. We were not disappointed. It was a little difficult to find, but, we were pleased we did. The Hummus was smooth and creamy, the gyro plate had a very healthy portion of lamb and chicken. Wished there were more lamb chops served with that dinner. The combo appetizer had much to choose from. Great taste of everything !!! Decor left a bit to be desired and the staff was friendly. (At the time we were the only customers on a rainy afternoon)

Reviewed February 7, 2013

A co-worker of mine and I went to Pyramid. We both ordered the Gyro Platter. The meat was awesome! It was not the thin sliced portion, it was thicker and terrific. The hummus is also awesome. They give you nice portions - you will not leave hungry...Also, the service is quick. I have been a few times and the food and service are always top notch!