“Affordable Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here last weekend because several other restaurants in the area were packed, and this one had no wait. You must try the pupusas as an appetizer, the best thing we got! Be warned that the spicy shrimp are authentically really spicy! The carne asada was lacking in flavor, some guacamole or salsa verde would have helped it out a bit. Overall a good place to go if you want a really laid back atmosphere and decent Mexican food!

1  Thank Taylorgeiger

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a very simple, urban, Mexican restaurant. The exterior and interior decor are spartan, but the place is clean. The staff are friendly. I enjoyed the chips and salsa, both types of which were quite hot. The entree ($8.99) was steak enchiladas (five), and these were covered with delicious red sauce, a large amount of shredded lettuce, plentiful sour cream, and mozzarella cheese. The dish was steaming hot, and very spicy. Just wonderful and highly recommended! RJT

2  Thank RJayT
Reviewed April 4, 2008

We visited this restaurant the last week of March. We found the food to be really wonderful. I have a wheat allergy, and they were aware of which menu items were made with corn, and which were made with wheat. Everything was fresh and well prepared. Our meals were delivered to our table on oval platters. The cooked food was hot, and the salad was cold and crisp. The grilled garlic shrimp was fantastic. Our daughter ordered horchata to drink, and it was the best we have ever tasted (not too sweet). It is a tiny bit pricey for the neighborhood, but we would definitely go back.

2  Thank ukpa0hde
Reviewed February 7, 2008

I'd like to think that I know Mexican food being that I come from Mexican decent. I'm from Texas so I grew up eating really good TEXMEX. I found this place to be mediocre. I had the chicken flautas which I would not recommend unless you like your chicken to look and taste like plastic. The flautas were fried way too long. I do like their beans they taste like my grandmas. As for their rice it's okay too. This place is fairly new it's one of the Mexican restaurants popping up post Katrina. If this place is to flourish they need to come down on there prices. It's a little over priced for the quality and I would recommend adding rice and beans to their taco plates.

2  Thank Sambamama