1,877 results
All reviews polo lounge club level premium suite dressing room dressing area turn down service french quarter living room wet bar room service luxury hotel river view favorite hotel harrah's casino beautiful hotel the ritz carlton concierge desk
Reviewed February 19, 2017

The service experienced - their service is always at the highest caliber. I have found them very friendly, authentically caring that your stay is everything you wanted to be, and that all your needs are being met.

The room - we stood in room 2017 with club access and found the room extremely comfortable, roomy, had a balcony, well appointed with amenities, and the bed was very comfortable. There were no outside sounds that were disturbing as they seem to have very good soundproofing.

The location - I found the location wonderful as it is not right in the middle of Bourbon Street. However, you are still in the French quarter. What I usually find when I arrive here is that I've entered my own little European escape.

The amenities - the heated saltwater pool is fantastic for exercise as well as to soothe any aching muscles from traveling. The addition of the spa is also something not to miss. From the moment you walk into the spa you have an overall sense of relaxation that only gets better as he use the facilities inside the spa and enjoy a wonderful treatment.

Liked best - it is hard to narrow down what I liked best as they have so much to offer. The Polo lounge is fantastic for an after dinner cocktail or at any time.
The Grill room serves fantastic food that is not to be missed.
Their new addition of their walk-through Café Anglais has so many fantastic treats. It will be hard to you to limit yourself to a few.
The artwork throughout the whole hotel is astounding and worthy of appreciation.

Liked the least - leaving!

Room tip: I have stayed here 3 times and every room I have had has been wonderful.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank DrPVB
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Dear DrPVB,
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased to see the hotel exceeded your expectations and truly appreciate your kind words. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at the Windsor Court several times and they never fail to amaze us. The hotel is stunning and the service is impeccable. It is right outside the French Quarter so you are able to escape the craziness after a long day! I have attached a couple views from the room on the 19th floor.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear JenniferWalters,

Thank you for being a loyal patron of the hotel and for sharing your experience. It was a pleasure to see that you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed February 11, 2017

I have heard of the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans for some time, but have never stayed there as we have family in the area or have been traveling on a budget with children. I decided to stay here while in town for an engagement party as it was one night and no kids, so it could not be cheaper. I also had found a good rate on a website.

The choice was, in part, dictated by location. The Windsor Court is not in the French Quarter which can be a plus or a minus depending on what you are looking for. It is not a far walk from the Quarter during the day when you are full of energy. At night after enjoying Bourbon street it is a little farther. It is in a well travelled area near Harrah's casino just off of Canal Street so it is safe. Because it is not in the Quarter it is very quiet. It was in a good location to travel by taxi or Uber into Uptown (or the Garden District for that morning).There are closer places available as well as, I am sure, short term rentals, but the Windsor allowed us walking distance to the Quarter and easy transport to UpTown.

As an aside: If you come to New Orleans, don't spend all of your time in the French Quarter. Dine and stroll in the Garden District and Uptown. Ride the streetcar to Audubon Park. Have brunch at Commander's Palace and explore the cemetery across the street or go have an oyster po-boy at a corner grocery and shop on Magazine St. If you stay in the Quarter you are probably seeing only a quarter of what the city has to offer.

We stayed on the 4th floor in room 407. We heard a little street noise in the morning as preparations for the Rock N Roll Marathon were underway. This room is near the elevator and a hall to the pool so there is the potential for noise. Other than an occasional "ding" we heard nothing, but the pool was essentially unused on this February visit. You might request a higher floor unless you have kids and want easy access to the pool. The spa is also on this floor. Our room was an upgrade to a suite for which we were grateful. The furniture and decorations were beautiful and tasteful. The look is like more Southern Living than Architectural Digest, classic not modern. The suite included a sitting area with a couch and table and chairs. There was a small balcony with no furniture. The bathroom was spacious with a marble topped mirrored area with chair and sink perfect for makeup application. There is another sink a few steps away and a full length mirror. The toilet and shower were in a separate room - very spacious. The shower and tub were fairly conventional but the shower head was large and the water pressure good. Hot water was rapidly available. The water in New Orleans is soft and requires a little extra time to rinse off the suds. The supplied toiletries are all excellent. I always like the addition of mouthwash which they supplied. The minibar seemed to be well-appointed, but we did not inspect it. Two flatscreen TVs were present along with an array of travel magazines. The king bed was soft and firm and the linens, as you would expect, luxurious. The room is perfect for a couple in town for an event with room to greet another couple of visitors.

The lobby is impressive in a rich, cozy way and high tea is served in the afternoon. We enjoyed breakfast in the second floor restaurant. The dining rooms and bar are also beautifully appointed. The food - I had a shrimp, crabmeat, and andouille omelet with breakfast potatoes - fabulous. Service was polite and attentive, food prep time early on Sunday morning was befitting the Big Easy - a little slow, relaxing and worth the wait. The front desk personnel and porters were all professional and polished.

I would love to stay at the Windsor again. Because there are so many options in New Orleans including luxurious rental properties I am not sure when I will return, but I would be happy to return.

Room tip: Higher floors would have the best views and less street noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank MacTraveller64
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Dear MacTraveller64,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback I am happy to see we were able to provide a great experience for your "kid-free" night on the town. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back for enjoyable visits in the future.

Reviewed February 9, 2017

Always a great stay at The Windsor Court. I was visiting my daughter for 6 nights and they upgraded me to a suite without even asking. Service was excellent. Food delicious. Drinks wonderful (had a Moscow Mule and they make their own Ginger Beer!). They added a little coffee shop which serves French Truck coffee - so delicious and so convenient - all the food at Cafe Anglais was yummy and easy to grab and go.
The room was spotless and everyone was so friendly and kind. All the guys out front are great and responsive and very professional. The location is fantastic which is why I love staying there. Quiet and a little outside of the quarter and yet walking distance to everything downtown. I have stayed there many times and I am never disappointed.

Room tip: The two rooms at the end of the hallways don't connect but you can close them off with a hallway between.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank rzdibs
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2017

Dear drummer'sgirl,

Thank you for your longtime patronage of the hotel. It was a pleasure to learn you had an enjoyable stay and that you had the opportunity to visit our newest addition, Cafe Anglais.
We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2017

I have been to NO since 1984 , have stayed in many hotels , Windsor Court stands out as the best ( Ritz Carlton second ) in my book . Located centrally and near the convention centre. A traditional touch with modern upgrades . The staff very curtious and helpful. The rooms ( suites ) has a touch of old and new . We had stayed in the suite a floor below the executive lounge ( superb service there , the staff there offers real southern hospitliy ) , I highly recommend that location . The work out spa with pool best in the city . The polo bar and grill is superb . Bartender very efficient , at times I need to grab a quick bite , always delivered . The famous restaurant by John Bush August is just across the street . We came usually at peak convention traffic at convention, still top service . Come to be spoiled .

Room tip: High floor facing Mississippi
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear 69tiger888,

Thank you for being such a longtime patron of the hotel. It was a pleasure to read the details of your visit and and appreciate your kind words about our staff and outlets. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again soon!