1,877 results
All reviews polo lounge club level premium suite dressing room dressing area turn down service french quarter living room wet bar room service luxury hotel river view favorite hotel harrah's casino beautiful hotel the ritz carlton concierge desk
Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

Upon arrival we were surprised by the unkempt courtyard with soiled carpets. Checkin took about one minute. Then we took the elevator to the room. The wrong one of course, as the receptionist hadn't told us where the appropriate elevators were. Walked all the way back, other guests found it rather amusing...

In the room there were still crumbs from the previous previous person's breakfast. Otherwise very clean, nice new upholsteries. Bellman arrived with luggage, we felt as though he expected us to apologize that we were there at all. He made the impression that he certainly wanted to be somewhere else.

Asked for extra blanket three times. Finally, after about 5 hours had passed from first request, a young man arrived with a duvet. When I tried to say that all I wanted was a blanket, he replied that they had none. Was he just trying to save face there? Do they really have no extra blankets?

On day one they did the room, but they didn't clean the toilet. We tried to play smart and asked the reception for room service plus toilet cleaning on day two. Upon checking they had warned us that we always specifically had to ask for houskeeping . We thought that placing the request directly with housekeeping would be of no avail. Room done, toilet still not cleaned.

Interestingly there was a standardized letter in the room from the housekeeping director that if we had problems we should call. I wonder why he wrote that letter instead of coordinating and checking on his staff. I felt that the housekeeping issue was more than ridiculous and didn't call.

Otherwise the 57 square metre suite was nice and good value for 320 per night. I cannot say that our stay was relaxing though, because we never knew what to expect from the staff.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Suisse_Travelling
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Dear Suisse_Travelling,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience. I am disappointed to hear our service was not up to par. Please know the lapse in service you described is not the norm. Let me assure you I will be addressing your concerns with all department heads to ensure this does not happen in the future.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and show you a true Windsor Court experience.

Reviewed November 1, 2016

I don't usually stay at such a luxurious place, but I was with a group of friends; planning from long distances, this is where we wound up. I must say, there couldn't be a better location, out of the hustle-bustle of the French Quarter, but just 2 blocks away!
The concierges, housekeeping staff, front desk staff...everyone was friendly and helpful.
The room was comfortable; I thought the pillows were awful, but as soon as I called housekeeping, they brought me a foam pillow, & that was terrific. The coffee/tea selection with the Keurig machine satisfied; the bathroom amenities are lovely. And each night, either a praline or a little piece of chocolate with the turndown, plus a bottle of water...wonderful!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Karwalkers,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your compliments and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for another great stay soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

I attended a conference at the Windsor Court Hotel in October 2016. The hotel was exceptional with each room a suite of its own with a wet bar, lounge, table for 2 in front of patio to balcony and French doors to the bedroom. Absolutely beautiful rooms and everyone at the conference said the same so I have to assume all the rooms are the same they are incredibly nice. The staff was wonderful and the restaurant was also very good I ate a breakfast and a lunch there. The hotel is about a seven minute walk to Bourbon street with nice sights along the way, it is in a very good location. Right across the street from the casino Harrahs if you are interested in gambling. And a great mall a block away for shopping. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Barbara M,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our 'wonderful hotel'. We look forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional stay.

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Just back in New Orleans for and overnight ahead of meetings the next day. Windsor Court is perfect for that. Away from the noisier tourists, but convenient to everything on foot the rooms are exceptionally spacious and very clean. One of the more comfortable hotel beds to sleep in IMO. I have to add the city itself seemed as clean as I have seen it. Maybe because the weather was spectacular that day and I watched a movie being filmed, but I liked the vibe and wished I could have stayed for another day or two. Everything at the hotel went well. Check in was quick. One suggestion. I personally didn't care for the pancakes recipe on the morning but I loved the restaurant and service was excellent. Thanks to all the Windsor Court staff for all the hard work!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Jackstizzy,

I am happy to hear that the Windsor Court was the perfect place for you to stay, though, I am sorry to hear you did not care for our pancake recipe. Maybe next time you visit we can make the pancakes more to you taste and continue to provide excellent service.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay at the Windsor Court Hotel.

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

We have stayed here so many times that I can't even count including very busy Mardi Gras to slow summers. It is always consistently great. Top notch customer service at every level. Spa is 5 stars and best mani/pedi I've ever had. Front door/valet always on point. Front desk efficient and accommodating. You can't beat the Polo Lounge for a quiet and quick drink when you are tired of walking around the city. This hotel is the Gem of New Orleans!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Baconmakesitbetter,

It is wonderful to hear that the Windsor Court Hotel is the 'Gem of New Orleans'. Thank very much for taking the time to post a comment about your experience at the 'Gem of New Orleans'.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Thank you for your support.