1,877 results
All reviews polo lounge club level premium suite dressing room dressing area turn down service french quarter living room wet bar room service luxury hotel river view favorite hotel harrah's casino beautiful hotel the ritz carlton concierge desk
Reviewed June 11, 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Windsor Court with my family for vacation. We stayed in beautiful club level suites, which included breakfast and cocktail hour each day. My family and I couldn't have been more pleased, the hospitality, the food and drinks, and the hotel itself were great. The hotel has so much to offer, I would definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2016

This is the second time we've stayed at the Windsor Court Hotel, but the first time was about 10 years ago. Our memories said we loved it and enjoyed it, so when we decided to pop into NOLA for 2 days to celebrate our 34th anniversary and see Joe Walsh and Bad Co. we decided to revisit this gem. We're glad we did.

Things have changed and stayed the same. Last time we went we were upgraded to the concierge floor. The room was fantastic, a 4 poster king sized bed so tall we needed a step ladder and a large screen TV that came up out of a cabinet at the foot of the bed.

This time we were upgraded to a two room suite, and I've stayed in smaller apartments. The living area had a couch large enough and comfy enough for my wife to fall asleep on, and an overstuffed chair, coffee table and armour with flat screen tv. The tv station was nice in that it had plenty of plugs and ports to charge our phone. The bed area had two dressers, which is a nice perk not having to fight over one, an extremely comfortable queen sized bed and closet large enough for all our hanging clothes without being scrunched. The bath was big and shower was big enough for two with a large seat in the back, an overhead shower and a hand held.

We discovered on our first night there that the toilet ran occasionally. Not all the time but once in a while. I called the desk and reported it, and then the wife and I left to explore the quarter. Just in case people think they're too far away, we went to have lunch at Acme Oyster, my personal favorite, and it was an 11 minute walk from the hotel.

When we got back there was a message on the phone saying our toilet had been fixed. I had to check and sure enough, they had replaced the entire mechanism inside.

Both times in the hotel we bumped into "stars". The first time we saw the "Ragin' Cajun" James Carville in the elevator. This time we bumped into the keyboardist from the Joe Walsh band!

We did not eat in the hotel, but we did receive some coupons for a free glass of champagne in the bar, which we enjoyed on our last day there in the company of a very friendly bartender.

You could not touch an outside door, as someone would always open it for you, or pass an employee without being greeted with a smile and a pleasantry.

What features distinguish a hotel from others? It's just everything was sparkling clean, smelt fresh, looked new without being garish. I'm not sure how to pin it down, we just knew when we were there we were in a first class hotel enjoying first class service.

The prices are a little more than other spots but going during the week we found reasonable rates. Some of the hotels in NOLA are run down, or "boutique" meaning old and clunky, with cold water and no amenities. Why settle for that when you can have first class?

Room tip: Tip the desk person to get an upgraded room. It's worth it.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Dear Mark L,

Thank you for writing about your 34th Anniversary stay with us. I am so happy to hear we provided you with a first class stay and that our service, amenities and rooms exceeded your expectations. We appreciate you celebrating your special occasion with us and look forward to welcoming you back for many more anniversaries to come!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

My friend stayed the weekend at the Windsor Court for a wedding and they were extremely accommodating. We flew separately and I arrived at 8 am upon which we arranged for an early check-in to our room, no wait time whatsoever.

The venues covered car port saved the entire wedding party from being caught in an extended torrential downpour that flooded the streets of New Orleans. It was a life saver for everyone.

Our room was great with a separate TV room and balcony. The location was amazing next to the Riverwalk, Canal Street, and Harrah's if you like to gamble.

The gym was well maintained with treadmills with tv's and all the free weights and machines necessary for any workout. Towels and water were provided and it overlooked the pool.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Rory S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear that you and the other wedding guests you were with enjoyed your stay and that our staff was accommodating for all of your needs. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2016 via mobile

It was my husbands birthday so we wanted to try Windsor Court. You had a luncheon special which we were interested in. When we arrived the maitre De was busy on the phone so we waited and waited. She didn't even acknowledge our presence until she was off the phone. Once she completed the call we were escorted to our table where there was another five to eight minute wait for our waitress. Water was slow in coming but once we we're served our drinks things smoothed out. When we told our waitress we wanted to wait a few minutes to order she looked at her watch, very unprofessional, and said we had time. We didn't like the way it was served. All at one time which caused the food portion to become cold. And the crab cake had shells in it. It was not a five star experience. And this wasn't the first time we have tried Windsor Court. We went there during Mardi Gras, purchased three hamburgers with 4 drinks and the bill was $168.00. A little steep. Should have gone to Commander's which is our go to place to make wonderful memories.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank theabelle
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Dear theabelle,

Thank you for your email. I am so disappointed to hear about your Grill Room experience and I apologize that we did not provide you with the personalized and hospitable service we are so known for. We would love the opportunity to follow up with you directly about your experience so that we can get some further details. Please feel free to contact our Director of Outlets, Myles Holdsworth at mholdsworth@windsorcourthotel.com so that we may address your concerns.

Reviewed June 2, 2016

I was concerned because ALL of the pictures on here make the hotel look really old and bland but in person it felt fresh and classic!!!!!! I took a few pics myself but honestly the hotel just doesn't photograph well in my opinion. It is grand in person however. I loved it.

I've stayed at many hotels in the downtown New Orleans area and this is bar far the best! I will only stay here in the future. Staff was very professional, doormen were always on their job, both the check-in and concierge staff were helpful.

The hotel is an All-Suite hotel. The room we had was their most basic room and it was great. Very nice! The cleaning service was excellent and we were able to get it scheduled to come daily between 12-5pm which was nice if we wanted to sleep in.

There's a bar that was great for socializing with other guests and they had amazing live entertainment at night. The restaurant had beautiful views of the courtyard (ask for a window seat) and it was never too busy to get us right in.

All in all this was everything I could have asked for in a hotel. I will be back!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Neisha R
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Dear Neisha R,

Thank you for writing about your trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that out of all the hotels you have experienced in New Orleans, that you have found us to be the best. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing stay soon!