“Busy Place”

Ranked #7 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Toronto, Canada
“Busy Place”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We arrived here around 4pm on a Friday in early April. Thank heaven we hadGPS, this location is tucked away & we went by it twice before we saw the entry into the small courtyard! Our room was not ready so we went to the lounge to have a drink. The area was busy as a wedding shower was nearby. We were upgraded for our wait, which was nice. The suite was nice & we faced the river, which was really busy & frankly, noisy! Ships & barges blew their horns well into the evening, emergency sirens woke us around 3am., perhaps because its older, the doors aren't as tightly sealed!
It is nice but don't know if I'd stay here again due to the noise.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear kels1948,

Thank you for writing about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay; however, I am disappointed to hear that you did not get the respite that you were looking for. We receive many a compliment about the tucked away courtyard that you mention as it brings a sense of calm amongst the busy streets; however, being in such a central location in this vibrant city still places us close to a lot of the action. Many guests do love the river side of the hotel for the water views, but the city side of the hotel faces a quieter street, so I do encourage you to give us another chance to place you in a different location within the hotel. I am confident we can find you a place of quiet enjoyment. Thank you for your comments and your patronage. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Finnish first
Orlando, FL
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed for conference with husband and two young children, 4 and 8, in a one-bedroom suite. Very spacious as I understand it was originally built to be condos. River view was beautiful and fun from 15th floor.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FloridaMomOrlando_FL
Dear FloridaMomOrlando_FL,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and that your family could also enjoy themselves. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Boston
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Good space -nice sitting area with sofa, coffee table and reading chair with small side table. The bathroom has space to put down your toiletries and the shower quality is good. Bed is very comfortable. We didn't hear any neighbors or street traffic, just occasional whistles from the doormen calling taxis.
Minor problems that are common to most hotels were poor lighting for closet, dim bathroom lights, light over shower not working and broken hair dryer. Shelves are built into bottom of the closet for a safe so the closet didn't have enough height to hang long items without hitting the shelf.
The hotel and room were mostly clean except a hard to reach area of the bathroom mirror that looked like it hadn't been washed in a year. Also, the stairs going to the second floor restaurant were stained. These are items that we didn't expect in a quality hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barely alive
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear barely alive,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay; however, I am sorry we did not meet your lighting requirements in your room and am also sorry to hear about the housekeeping items your encountered. Please know that these missteps are certainly not indicative of a Windsor Court experience and that I will address your concerns with our team immediately. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with others and we look forward to welcoming you back for the stay you expect and deserve.
Houston, TX
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Came for just a night to sample a little NOLA hospitality and this hotel did not fail! It's gorgeous - from the courtyard to the lobby with beautiful flowers to the staff and our room. My husband had booked this as a quick getaway after our son's wedding. Couldn't have been happier with his choice. Upon arrival, the front desk surprised is with an upgrade to a wonderful suite. We had a view of the river and lots of room. Loved the ladies' dressing area. The shampoo and body wash products were awesome. Will have some shipped to me! Staff was gracious and attentive. Bellman that brought our bag up went and got ice for me. Small thing, but very appreciated. Housekeeping made sure we had what we needed.

Will definitely come back!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jillhou,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. What a wonderful way to relax and celebrate after your son's wedding. I'm so happy that our staff could provide you with the experience you were looking for. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Never having been to New Orleans, we picked the Windsor Court based on reviews and had our Virtuoso travel advisor book us. We were late checking in, after flying from the West coast all day, and the hotel was full. Imagine our surprise when we arrived at 7:30pm to discover a complimentary upgrade to the full suite! The suite was very large, close to 800 sf, and had a separate living room, butler's pantry for coffee, snacks, etc, a large dressing area, two sink bathroom, and shower/tub and toilet room. We also had a great little balcony that overlooked Harrah's, but we were high enough to get wonderful views of the Mississippi and the bridge. The bed was comfortable, the hvac worked perfectly and quietly, and we really enjoyed having so much space to move about. Also, bonus points for the lovely Molton Brown bath amenities!

Our package also included a lunch for two, which the restaurant generously gave us credit for towards dinner, and breakfast for two daily. Free wifi, which worked great for us, and nightly turndown including chocolates or pralines.

The public areas of the hotel are stunning, an updated take on English manor house with lots of original paintings and references to Windsor Castle, which we loved. We enjoyed the Grill Room, Polo Lounge, and lobby bar numerous times. Lots of comfortable seating to take in the beauty of the settings as well as go over the day and make future plans. The staff in the Grill Room and the bars was outstanding and extremely friendly and helpful. We also very much appreciated the fresh roses everywhere; you know a hotel cares when they pay that much attention to such wonderful details.

My only itsy bitsy issue, if it can be called that, was the front desk staff wasn't 100% on-game about the amenities that we received as part of our booking. They were, however, super-friendly.

Very easy to drive to from the airport ($40/night valet parking), and easy to walk to the French Quarter. Honestly, with the crowds in the French Quarter, we were very happy that the Windsor Court is not in the middle of it and is such a beautiful, elegant oasis. This is now our go-to hotel in NOLA. Thanks, Windsor Court!

Room Tip: Upper floors for best views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpencerLV
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear SpencerLV,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review on your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court! I am so delighted to hear that we provided you with a dream stay. As a Virtuoso traveler, we know that you are used to the very best, so we are so very pleased to hear that we delivered on every measure. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others, including sharing some beautiful photos of the hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans.
Alabama
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the staff is very attentive. I was lucky enough to stay in a king suite. I could probably have moved in! It was beautiful and very clean. I called the front desk twice - once because I couldn't turn on the shower (it just needed a stronger push on the lever than I had given) and once because I had forgotten my toothbrush. Each time I received an immediate response from very pleasant staff members. I also used the wifi. I actually had 2 different servers available to me and both worked without any glitches. We were there for a conference and the room and food provided were truly exceptional. The lobby also had a jazz band playing in the later afternoon/early evening that added to the ambiance. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: My room was right by the elevator but I never heard a thing!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear florala,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear that we provided you with a true luxury experience and that everything from the attentiveness of the staff, to the wifi, to your spacious suite, provided you with a most excellent stay. We appreciate your recommendation and you taking the time to share your thoughts with others and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Good:
- Very spacious suites with nicely appointed Molton Brown products
- Excellent location with walking distance from many top restaurants and New Orleans attractions (but many other hotels with this plus as well)
- Spacious gym with ample work out equipment

The Bad:
- Small, old, standard sized tub and poor water pressure in shower
- Building seems old and run down
- Service in general sub par for this caliber hotel

The Ugly:
- Windows leak A LOT- it rained and it felt and sounded like the rain was coming INSIDE while we slept and when we woke up there was WATER EVERYWHERE (see picture)- all over the window sills in bedroom and living room area and the carpet (and the clothes I had thrown on the carpet) were SOAKED. We called mgmt to tell them (and because I was concerned water damage to furniture/window sills if not promptly dried) and they came and laid some towels down and that was it. No manager called me to apologize which I thought was POOR FORM given how terrible the room looked. We got a $100 credit off our bill but to be honest, that didn't really make up for how dilapidated everything was.
- Facilities are run down in general- one of the light fixtures was missing a light bulb for our entire 3 day stay- maybe acceptable at a La Quinta but this is supposed to be a 5 star place? NOT ACCEPTABLE

Advice:
- Go to the Ritz Carlton or Loews Hotel nearby- their facilities are much nicer and not run down and I'm sure the management would be more responsive and at least make a PERSONAL phone call to apologize if anything like this happened there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Tiffany M
Dear Tiffany M,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so so very sorry to hear not only about the water leakage in your room from the terrible rain storm we experienced on Friday, but also about a Manager not being able to connect with you. Both are absolutely not indicative of a true Windsor Court experience. Please know that the Manager on Duty did try on several occasions to contact you without success; however, I do apologize there was not a more aggressive effort. As we do not have your contact details, should you like to further discuss your challenges with me, I am available anytime. Please contact my office directly at 504-596-4780 or at dteich@windsorcourthotel.com. I look forward to speaking with you further to try and make this right for you.