“Not my best stay, but still love this hotel”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I love the Windsor Court and have been staying at this hotel at least once a year for a dozen years. It's old English charm, central location, comfortable large rooms, stunning river views, etc. never get old. However, this was my worst stay ever and that includes right after hurricane Katrina. Upon check-in, my reservation was inaccurate and they did not have the room I requested available (at least they had a room). Disappointing. In my room, I experienced constant annoying little things-- any one of which could be overlooked but all together added up to a subpar experience including electrical outlets that didn't work (so that I dried my hair by the mini bar instead of the bathroom), a light bulb burned out on the nightstand (which I reported upon arrival and was never changed), a hairdryer that didn't work (which was replaced immediately), turn down service was skipped 2 of the 3 nights I stayed (no, I didn't have a do-not-disturb sign out), a silk dress that I had hung over a chair was folded up by housekeeping (if I had to wear it again it would have been a wrinkled mess-- who folds a guest's silk dress?), etc. I told the staff person of all of these issues and more when checking out and she apologized and thanked me for informing her but I have not heard from management and there was no offer for any compensation for this or a future visit. If I didn't know that this was an exceptionally bad experience for the hotel then I would not be able to recommend it, however, given many past wonderful stays, I will return. However, if I had a similar repeat stay, I would reconsider.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear GlobalGirlz,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. As a valued repeat guest, your feedback is very important. I am happy to hear that over the years, we have provided you with excellent experiences, but I am very disappointed to hear that we did not live up to your expectations on this particular stay and that your comments were not passed on to me or any of my other managers. Please feel free to contact my office or our Customer Experience Manager, Tara Minamoto, at tminamoto@windsorcourthotel.com and we will ensure your concerns are addressed. I apologize for your frustrations and for these oversights. We look forward to the opportunity of turning it around for your next stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,736)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Was in town for one night on business but wish I could have stayed here longer. The staff is very friendly and attentive and the rooms very nicely appointed. My only complaint is that I couldn't figure out how to turn on the TV in bedroom. Luckily the room had a sitting room with another TV that seemed to work better. The breakfast and lunch buffet was very good as well. The decor- let's call it mid century British fancy- is tasteful and in good condition. Not my exact preference, but it gives one an idea of what it may be like to live in Downton Abbey today. And the location can't be beat.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear schwammy_11,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that our service, food and location served your needs excellently. We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Windsor Court is our favorite NOLA hotel. Traditional elegance is what sets this property apart. The suites are spacious and well appointed. Breakfast in period setting over-looking the entry courtyard transforms you to days long gone--Eggs Windsor with freshly squeezed orange juice and New Orleans coffee is the perfect way to start your day.......and the piano bar down the hall is the perfect ending.
Fresh flowers are always plentiful throughout this property as are a well mannered staff........always a treat.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SLSMDJD
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear SLSMDJD,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable visit and that we are your favorite hotel in New Orleans. We know there are many hotels you can choose from, so we appreciate your patronage and your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is awesome. Great location, about 10 minutes to the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. The staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The rooms were very clean, although the furniture was a bit outdated. The pool area was clean and very nice as well as the gym. The concierge was also very knowledgable and friendly and helped us decide on dinner and local attractions within the city and outside the city. We were staying during graduation weekend at Tulane, so we were under the impression it would be very hectic in the hotel during this time. We were impressed how well the staff handled a lot of people. Overall, I really liked this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to New Orleans.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room overlooking the pool and city. Great view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank zackc625

Dear zackc625,

Thank you for writing about your May stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our location, guest rooms, and courteous and helpful staff contributed to a great stay with us! We appreciate your recommendation and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for your future visits to New Orleans.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time at this hotel, but we'd heard wonderful things, so thought we'd give it a try for our six night visit to New Orleans. The check in process was smooth and easy, and the suite was beautiful. It was incredibly quiet despite being a large property. But everyday following housekeeping service, we wouldn't know what to expect. Some days we'd have one (or no) hand towels, and some days they'd remove our bath mat (only to have it reappear with turn down service). Overall I'd say the hotel was quite comfortable and most of the staff quite professional and responsive.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank SoCalGirlSouthBay_CA
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear HermosaBeachTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that, overall, you had a comfortable stay and that you had pleasant encounters with all of our staff; however, I am disappointed to hear about your inconsistent housekeeping experience. This is certainly not up to the Windsor Court standard so rest assured I will be addressing this with our team. Thank you for your comments and for your patronage. We hope to still have the opportunity to welcome you back for future visits.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice hotel that was well maintained. The service was very friendly...a bit pricey for mostly normal suites, but they were clean and spacious. The location is very convenient to downtown, french quarters, harrah's...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank rhollisatl
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear rhollisatl,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Windsor Court. I am pleased to hear our central location made it convenient for you to enjoy the many facets of the city. I am also pleased to hear our service and accommodations were to your satisfaction. We appreciate your comments and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked this for a pre- cruise stopover. This is the best hotel we personally have stayed in. From the checkin experience to the room. When we arrived you sat of the concierge desk to checkin. No waiting at counter. We booked this on Hotwire and since the Saints were playing in NOLA hotel rooms were at a premium. The hotel is located 200 yards from the rear entrance to Harrahs Casino. We were upgraded to a very nice suite. All the furnishings were first class. All the service people addressed us by name and went out their way to make our stay comfortable. I would recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor but there are many higher floors. Since we were upgraded to a suite I was...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scmexico

Dear scmexico,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. We are so delighted and honored to hear Windsor Court is the best hotel you have ever stayed at and that our location, service and accommodations worked perfectly for your pre-cruise stopover. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon!