“My favorite in NOLA”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
“My favorite in NOLA”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed in quite a few places in NOLA and this is my favorite. The rooms are very big (my king single was more like a suite). The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are quiet. The lobby and second floor lounges are very big and have plenty of spots to have a cozy drink. The food here was also quite good. The service is excellent and staff is very accommodating. I also enjoy the 4th floor outdoor pool, which is large enough to do laps in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Benandjacksdad,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear you consider us your favorite hotel in New Orleans and that our service, food and amenities are to your satisfaction. We appreciate your recommendation and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Finnish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Windsor Court is our favorite hotel in New Orleans and one of our favorites in the world. We have stayed there many times and have always found the rooms and service to be excellent. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. The staff is courteous, attentive, and efficient. Enclosed parking on site with valet service. Beautiful lobby and public areas and one of the top restaurants in the city famous for superb dining. The hotel is located just off Canal Street, close to the Riverwalk and the French Quarter and across the street from the casino. For comfort, service, and convenience the Windsor Court is tops.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Charles L,

Thank you for writing about your trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court! I am so pleased to hear you had an outstanding stay and that we are among your favorite hotels in the world! We are so happy the comfort, service and amenities provided is exactly what you were looking for. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
Jackson, MS
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I recently returned to stay at the Windsor Court. We were once again greeted at the door by welcoming staff. Our room was spacious and lovely. The mattress was just the perfect type for a great night's sleep. They even had our favorite K-cup coffee in the complimentary coffee box. Our friends joined us and were just across the hall. It was their first time to stay at the WC, as they have always stayed at the Ritz when they were in New Orleans. They loved their stay, and vowed to never stay anywhere else when in town. I compare the Windsor Court to a Hermes handbag. People who don't really know handbag quality (or hotels) clamor for popular brands like Michael Kors and Louis Vuitton (Ritz Carlton). But the true handbag connoisseur knows that Hermes is a superior brand. The Windsor Court is a superior brand!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear zuzu35,

Thank you for your continued patronage and support of the Windsor Court. We appreciate your recommendation to your friends and are happy to hear that we made a new fan! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back for another memorable stay!
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This property is classic Nola. Great location. Great history. Very unique property. The courtyard entrance is especially inviting. You will immediately notice the artwork upon entering the main lobby. Due to limited time at the hotel I was not able to take advantage of the audio tour available for the art collection. Room was very spacious with lots of character.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear PEHOWARD,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our location, history and museum-quality art collection. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time so that you can further explore our artwork and other amenities.
dallas
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was a very special trip for my partner and I(we were celebrating my 40th birthday and our adoption)I want to take this time to Thank the entire staff for making this trip even more memorable. This hotel is 5 star without a doubt. From the doormen, valet, housekeeping, concierge, spa--everyone was amazing and treated us like royalty. Want to especailly thank Brittany and Travis for going out of their way for us--we really appreciate it. The rooms were great and the spa staff was the best I have been to. My facial with Nastasia was the best facial I have ever received. Everything from the minute we checked in was a class act--5 star************.

Dear jpatrickDallas,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent celebratory stay with us. We are so happy to hear that all areas of the hotel you encountered provided you with a five star experience! We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing and memorable stay soon!
friscoal
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed for four nights while in town celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and doing a little business on the side and couldn't have been happier with our stay here. Everyone from the doormen, the bellmen, the concierges (Adam is the man when it comes to local music!) and the front desk staff were warm and welcoming.

We stayed on a club lounge floor and, while the free bites and drinks at most hotels aren't usually very appealing, here they were fresh, delicious and varied from flaky pastries and biscuits in the morning to zesty seafood salads loaded with shrimp and crab and chocolate covered strawberries in the evening. By our second night, David in the club lounge knew my drink preference (he's a really fun guy to talk with as well).

Our room was a full suite with two flat screen tvs, a gorgeous view of the Mississippi river, and a large bathroom with a claw foot tub that made by wife swoon. The bed was super comfortable and we loved the little treats left at turndown service each night (pralines one night!)

Finally, as the weekend neared, the vibe in the lobby was celebratory, like a small polite party going on, with guests dressed to the nines and Shannon Powell's (he was Harry Connick's dummer) trio playing classics. I could have hung out there all night. Don't miss having a drink in the Polo Lounge, the kind of royal, old school bar the we don't really have anymore in San Francisco.

Thanks Windsor Court for a great time. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear friscoal,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear you had an excellent stay with us and that you were able to experience all that the hotel and the city has to offer. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your wife back again soon!
Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am a bit late in writing this review, having stayed here with my family in March, 2013. I read about others having an issue with rooms not being ready at check in time before I booked our stay, but it seemed like such a nice hotel that I booked it anyway. Perhaps, this problem has been addressed since last spring, but it really impacted our stay, so I wanted to write about it. We stayed in a jr. suite and arrived for check in around 4:30. We were only in town for a few days, so time was an issue and we called before hand to let the front desk know when we would arrive. Upon arrival (an hour and a half past check in time), our suite was not ready. Unfortunately, the front desk could not give us any idea when our suite might be ready. We were at the end of a long road trip and really wanted to change and freshen up before exploring, but we had no idea how long our wait would be. The lobby area is beautifully decorated with plenty of seating space so my family and I sat around for an hour or so waiting. At that time, we asked again and were again told that the front desk had absolutely no idea when our room would be done being cleaned. We asked to speak to a manager and were told that housekeeping might clean the room in 5 minutes or the wait could be significantly longer. A staff member offered to go up to the room and see if any of the maids were around to give her a better idea on the timing. She came back and told us that noone was around in the vicinity of our room, so she could not tell us anything about the timing. I was appalled by this. How could a hotel of this size and stature not have a better system worked out? I couldn't believe that housekeeping decides which rooms to clean and when and that there is zero communication with anyone else in the hotel? Even though we were not dressed for the weather (we had come from a cold climate and it was very warm in NOLA that day), we decided to go out and explore. We told the front desk we were leaving and were told that we would be phoned when the room was ready. We came back to the hotel at 6:30, a full three hours after check in time to find out that our room was in fact ready but that noone had phoned us as they said they would. Again, we spoke to the manager, but he didn't seem overly concerned that he'd just ruined our afternoon with the subpar service the staff had given us. We were very disappointed.

The hotel itself is lovely with a very vintage feel (over the top decor and that sort of thing). The room was very spacious, especially the bathroom, but it didn't seem like it was cleaned well (many areas were covered in dust). After the long wait to have the room cleaned, I expected more. We did enjoy the space though and my kids enjoyed the rooftop pool. The location was fairly close to the French Quarter. If you have a family of 5 as we do, it's hard to find a room large enough to accommodate in the French Quarter itself (where space is at a premium), so this was a good choice for families. Next time, I might try a little harder to find something in the French Quarter though (or get two rooms).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fijichick
Dear fijichick,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your March stay. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay, but apologize for your frustrating check-in experience. The hotel continues to grow and improve every day as we are constantly striving for perfection. Consequently, I can assure you that we are much better than we were 5 months ago. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to show you what a true Windsor Court experience can be.