“Excellent hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked a 3 night stay at the Windsor Court Hotel for my first experience in NOLA, and I couldn't have found a better spot. The hotel is centrally located, making it covenient to get wherever I wished to go, yet wasn't right in the middle of a old and congested area. The hotel is beautiful and classic, with the finer details attended to, down to beautiful fresh flowers all around. Service was excellent, and pecan pralines at night during turn down service was a nice touch. I was surprised to find that my reasonably priced junior suite room came with breakfast vouchers good for up to $46 per morning of breakfast in the beautiful grill room. The roof pool is nice and well maintained, and the gym is larger and better equipped than most other hotels in my experience. Overall an excellent stay and experience and I can't see ever staying at another spot in NOLA. Sorry other hotel operators, I found my spot!

Room Tip: Junior suite is great
    • 5 of 5 stars
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Rob W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. As a first time visitor to the city, I am delighted to hear you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay so that you could fully experience all that New Orleans has to offer. We appreciate your recommendation and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon for another excellent stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Upon arrival in the gorgeous lobby there was a line and one of the front desk persons escorted us to a private table to check in to avoid any wait. We live in New Orleans but wanted a special night away for our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. At check in we were upgraded to a suite with river views on the club level. The suite was beautiful, spacious, and included 2 balconies. It was the most perfect "staycation" we could have asked for!

Dear wizzy82,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear we provided the perfect location for your staycation. We appreciate the support and recommendation of locals such as yourself and look forward to welcoming you back for another flawless stay!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Everything was going ok until the last night we stayed. We called up to front desk to ask to have our complimentary bottle of champagnes sent up to our room. They said we need to call in room dining. They did not even bother to transfer call. So I called in room dining and they said no problem and they would send it up soon. An hour goes by and nothing comes up so we call again and they said it will be up soon. Another hour goes by and I call back to in room dining who says they called the front desk who said it was not part of package. Really? They were the ones who told us about the complimentary champagne when we checked in! Since we already wasted 3 hours, and it was already late, we didn't even bother arguing over a cheap bottle of champagne. Plus the fact that NOBODY called us to tell us this was ridiculous. We wake up to find 3 roaches in the bathroom. Then we go down to check out to find they only a whole list of charges that they put to our room that didn't belong including valet, parking, and mini bar. I understand mistake in mini bar... but I didn't have a car at all! The lady proceeds to remove the line items only to find out she can't do them all at once, so she has to go line by line. This take 20 minutes! I've never had to spend more then 5 minutes checking out anywhere and I have traveled a lot and stayed at many many hotels. This was by far the worst experience. Then after she reprints the new charges she still left on parking which is absurd. She has to go back and do it again which takes another 5 minutes. We were on the verge of missing our flight because of the incompetence. We also asked to valet/door man to waive taxi for us. He said no problem and just stood there. We had to waive our own taxi. I'm sure the room charges are still wrong and will have to call to argue it all over again once I see it hit my credit card.

I would not recommended your hotel to anyone because of my experience. We had friends stay in another room and their experience was just as bad. Dirty towels and sheets. No champagne either. I will make sure I post my experience everywhere as this was the worst hotel experience we've ever had.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
6 Thank eye5bee
Dear eye5bee,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so disappointed to hear about your experience with us and I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for letting you down. Please know that your experience is not indicative of the service we can and do provide, so I look forward to researching these occurrences to see where the missteps occurred. I also look forward to following up with you for any further comments and concerns that you may have as we value all guest feedback and take it very seriously. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at The Windsor Court, complete with old world charm and hospitality.

Excellent: Bellstand/front door service, Housekeeping, The Afternoon Tea at Le Salon, Polo Club Lounge Live Jazz and excellent lounge service. Our full suite was extremely spacious and comfortable.
Concierge: Adam--very friendly and helpful
Front Desk: Jeremy--welcoming and kind

Needs a bit of improvement: Room service was a bit of a debacle our first night. It took an hour and a half to even place an order because we were sent up old menus, twice. Shower pressure in our bathroom was a bit disappointing. I-pod docking system in suite did not work during our stay.

Wish list: A refrigerator in the suites, not stocked, that guests can actually use. A quick, coffee spot or smaller restaurant in the hotel that offers snacks and to-go items.

What really saves this hotel, is its service. If something is wrong, they will try to make it right...even if you have to guide them a bit. However, there are some minor issues that still need improvement, which is why (for me) it was not quite a five-star experience.

Room Tip: We did a river view, on a high floor away, from the elevators with the hopes of more quiet and priva...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ChicagoGirl017
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear ChicagoGirl017,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had a pleasant stay, but am disappointed to hear there were some missteps during your stay. Please know that what you experienced is not the norm and that I will be addressing your concerns with the appropriate departments. Also, for the future, we do offer mini refrigerators at no extra charge. Please request it when making your reservation and we'll ensure it is taken care of for you. Thank you again for your comments, and your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Fayetteville, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just returned from a 3-night stay in a one-bedroom suite at the Windsor Court. This was our third trip to NOLA - our first was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We fell in love with the city and decided to return every year. First trip we stayed at Omni Royal, which I highly recommend as well, although their rooms are quite small. Otherwise an excellent hotel. We debated staying there again, but decided to try something different, and booked a one bedroom suite (not on the executive floors) at Windsor Court. My only concern with booking at the Windsor was the location, as it is a couple of blocks off the French Quarter...and also the building itself is modern - not authentic NOLA style. However I needn't have worried. It turns out the location is terrific - and it feels very "New Orleans" once you enter the property - gas lights and elegant furnishings. Regarding location, in some respects it was even better than being in the center of the Quarter. We were in easy walking distance to the FQ, but also to things like the WWII and Civil War museums (I recommend both - they run a 3-D movie in the WWII theater - snow falls on audience and seats shake during bomb blasts - interesting presentation). Mother's Restaurant and August are almost across the street - both super - also the Ruby Slipper is just down the block - don't miss breakfast there. The service at Windsor was excellent, from the moment we drove into the courtyard (another advantage - no struggling with narrow Quarter streets when trying to get in to your hotel - Windsor has its own front drive - just pull in and they are right there to valet park. Couldn't be easier. Also, we wanted a balcony. Again, we wondered if the balconies at Windsor would have the same ambiance as those in the quarter. In fact I loved the balcony at Windsor - was just enough removed from the Quarter enough to be a refuge, yet we could see much of the city and could still hear activities on Canal St. And it was surprisingly private! No one peering in from just a few feet away. The outdoor pool/lounge area (on the 4th floor) is lovely and has a nice view too. Our suite was very large - big living/dining/coffee bar room (Keurig coffeemaker, minibar and selection of snacks), a large bedroom, with a giant 3-room bath (2 vanity/sink areas!) in between, accessible from either room. Room and bath were spotless and sparkling! Very nicely appointed - has a "better" feel of good quality.
I have only two small criticisms: our TV in the living room did not work so we had to call someone. They showed up promptly and fixed it quickly - but we were exhausted after driving 11 hours so it felt inconvenient - would be great if rooms were checked to assure everything functions prior to a guest moving in. The other minor flaw was the windows - the insides were clean but the outside of the window and glass door to the balcony were well overdue a cleaning. Overall this hotel is simply superb, beautiful, accommodating, clean, friendly, efficient, perfectly located, and feels luxurious throughout. Loved it. Our sincere thanks to the very gracious staff. We will be back.

2 Thank tbevis
Dear tbevis,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent anniversary stay with us! Thank you for giving us a try for such a special occasion. I am happy to hear we are your new favorite hotel in New Orleans and that we provided you with a memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to the city.
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Perfect. Incredibly friendly, helpful staff in a hotel that is calming amidst the hustle of New Orleans. The location is ideal - an easy walk to the French Quarter in one direction, and the Warehouse Section in the other direction. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Only shortcoming is that the exercise room is small and somewhat dated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear ewlibby,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am thrilled to hear you had a perfect stay and that our location, accommodations and service met your every need. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay soon!
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our stay at Windsor Court was perfect from start to finish. From the moment our cab pulled into the courtyard everyone on staff made us feel welcome and at home. Our room was large, clean and had a great view of the river. While it's on the outskirts of town, its an easy walk to the French Quarter, Cafe Du Monde, The Preservation Jazz Hall and all other NO essentials. The front desk was excellent with helping us with directions, suggestions, etc.

If we ever go back to NO, we'll stay at Windsor Court again. It left us wanting for nothing. It was perfect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 06Cooper
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear 06Cooper,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I'm so happy to hear you had a perfect stay! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience!