“Windsor Court NO for those who want to feel like a King or Queen.”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Windsor Court in New Orleans helped make our trip very special. The location was great , a few blocks from the French Quarter and very close to trolleys. It is quite expensive (we lucked out with a special Visa deal). If you can afford it, it's well worth the money. Staff was so helpful and fast. If you requested anything they were there in a flash.

• Stayed: April 2013
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Laura H,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear you had a special stay with us and that our staff was able to make you feel like royalty. We appreciate your kind recommendation and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,754)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just spent a week there! Talk about "value" - GREAT location, beautiful rooms, incredible staff and wonderful food. The beds were so comfortable! The decor is so lovely. Stay here... you will be very pleased!

Room Tip: I would give you advice, but I suspect there is no "bad" room and that they are all lovely...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear lawfirmeventmanager,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear we provided you with a fantastic stay for the week you were here with us! We appreciate your recommendation and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our suite had a wonderful view of the Mighty Mississippi River , was well appointed with great windows. The front desk, bell man, and conciege were helpful, however the housekeeping staff were unfriendly behaving as if they are doing a favor by cleaning the room. The rooms were clean, turndown service came every evening at 5:30 if we asked them to come back later they never did. They did not replace dirty towels just hung them up, had to ask for ice, not what you generally expect from turn down service in an upscale hotel, they did however, expected a tip. We were there for 4 nights each day I asked for a shower cap every day the maids said if I wanted one they get it for me but never did. We had a club level suite but did not enjoy the club the food was horrible the wine was cheap and undrinkable we were disappointed . The Grill is a beautiful restaurant, the food is dreadful.
I did like the hotel, the art beautiful, the location is central, the hotel a breathe of fresh air in the city. The pool had a dirty bottom and no shower. My pet peeve is only one sink in the bathroom, which can be understandable in a regular room but it drives me crazy when there is only one in a suite. The Windsor suites have one but a great vanity.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MBLMcLean_Virginia,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent visit with us. I am disappointed to hear that we fell short in some areas and I hope you can accept my apologies for letting you down. Please know that what your described is not the norm and that I will be addressing your concerns with our team. We appreciate your comments, and your patronage, and look forward to welcoming you back for the stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel in the old style located close to French quarter, garden district and waterfront area. Walk to everything. Friendly staff. Great stay Will stay here again when in NOLA
Lovely pool area. And ok gym room

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear bruce a,

Thank you for writing about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear our location and service met your expectations! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon for another great stay!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay in a suite wich was great. The overall service was great, the only thing I did not like was the test fire alarm going off at 3 am and staying on for one hour.
I did'nt have to pay for that night. Did'nt try the breakfast. Might be the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear SecondTry,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I apologize again for all the frustrations and inconveniences that the fire alarm caused you; however, I am happy to hear that it did not taint your overall experience and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. We appreciate your patience and understanding and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The suite I stayed in was quite nice. it felt like a Park Avenue apartment with wet bar, double sinks, large bathroom, balcony, sitting room and large bedroom. The decor was nice and the furnishings very tasteful. The carpet by the windows was wet however, so there seems to be some seepage from the exterior walls.

Unlike some of the other hotels, you do not need a room key to be able to go up to your room. The service was good; however, the food items are pricy.

I had some initial problems while makign reservations through the AMEX FHR program; however, this was straightened out upon check-in.

Overall, I would stay here again and hope to be able to take advantage of the pool and spa in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a baclony facing the water.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear meanchat,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay in New Orleans and at the Windsor Court. We greatly appreciate your recommendation as the nicest hotel in New Orleans! I am sorry to hear of the initial challenges you had booking via FHR, but am happy to hear that our front desk staff was able to sort everything out for you. Thank you for your patronage! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was recently here for several days for two business conferences at the hotel. My client was looking for an upscale hotel with the spirit of New Orleans and a hotel with a more intimate feel for a small business meeting. We wanted to avoid large conference hotels with no personality where our group of 20 would feel lost in the shuffle.

This hotel was perfect. First, most of the rooms are quite large compared to standard rooms at other hotels. The hotel also recently finished undergoing a multi million dollar remodel. Sometimes "charming" can mean "old/not maintained" but not here. The staff took great pride in this hotel and everyone seemed very committed to keeping the historic charm of New Orleans in this grand hotel. Both groups of meeting participants raved about the hotel and the service.

To my surprise there is also a great pool and sun deck at this hotel that fit with the charm of the hotel and, thankfully, isn't just a square pool with plastic chairs. I included the one picture I took of the pool area as well as several pictures of my room.

I would recommend this hotel for personal travel as well as a great place to have small VIP business meetings.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear TravelinLeather,

Thank you for writing about your experience with us. I'm so happy to hear that the hotel was a perfect fit for your VIP meeting and that you and your attendees enjoyed yourselves. You will most certainly have to return for a leisure visit so that you can take full advantage of our wonderful pool and sundeck! We appreciate you choosing the Windsor Court and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!