“Incredibly lovely classy hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
New Hampshire
“Incredibly lovely classy hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was instantly in love with this magnificent classic hotel.
Full of beautiful art and English charm. Very nice staff. The giant pot of roses are lovely.
Our waitstaff for our board meeting was above and beyond. I wish I could name each one but sadly, can't recall names. The food was the best I had in New Orleans all week.
The bed was like sleeping on a cloud.
The heated long pool outdoors for laps was clean and just the right temp.
I absolutely loved my flawless stay here. Wish it could have been longer! I felt very spoiled. And the comfy robe and slippers make you feel like a Queen! The chocolate on your pillow when your bed is turned down is just another sweet delight.

Room Tip: I loved overlooking the pool/spa
2 Thank NewHampshirePeppie
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear NewHampshirePeppie,

Thank you for writing about your recent business trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear that the service, room quality and amenities both for your meeting and in your guest room met your expectations and that you had a flawless stay! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back - hopefully for a leisure visit next time - so that you can truly relax and enjoy all that the city and our hotel have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Finnish first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Nice tucked away hotel outside of French Quarter. The Alarm went off a few times while we were there. Room service didn't come to our room when we got back to the hotel at 5 pm. Besides that, the hotel is very nice and well kept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Natalien03,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay. I deeply apologize for the inconveniences and disturbances the alarm caused you. This was an isolated incident that will not happen again. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Brownsville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The upstairs bacaps a charming old-fashioned looking place to have cocktails and snacks. The whistle pig Sazerac is the most incredible drink I've ever had in my life and well worth the $25 cost. The snacks are superb and the setting and view are excellent.

• Stayed March 2013
      Cleanliness
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear asudarshan3,

Thank you for writing about your recent experience in the Polo Club Lounge. I am happy you were able to try it out during your visit and that we were able to make you such an excellent beverage. We appreciate you coming in and hope to see you again the next time you're in New Orleans.
Mauldin, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We attended Mardi Gras this year and were fortunate enough to stay at the Windsor Court! An absolutely beautiful hotel with great service
, although we did eat at the hotel but we certainly enjoyed the bar very much!
From our room we had an overhead view of the passing parades. We liked the location of the Windsor Court because it was close enough to the warehouse arts district and Crowds of the French quarter but far enough away when you wanted an escape from all of that. Close to gambling at Cesar's! We would absolutely stay here again the next time in New Orleans!

Room Tip: Higher the better. And get one of the suites.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AlfromSC,

Thank you for writing about your Mardi Gras stay with us. I am so happy to hear you benefited from our central location and that we provided you with our exemplary service experience. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your visit and look forward to welcoming you back here again soon!
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Only have positive things to say about this wonderful hotel---the place to stay in NOLA. Beautiful rooms, great location, and unparalleled service. Yes, the breakfast was somewhat costly, but fit for a King. A special "shout out" to the general manager David Teich who lent me the tie he was wearing---just took it off without a second thought---when he heard me mention to the concierge that I was giving a talk early next morning and forgot to pack one. That is true service!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Neilki,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so happy I was able to assist you during your stay and that we provided you with a memorable and positive experience. We look forward to welcoming you back here for another wonderful stay soon!
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We spent two nights at The Windsor Court and were dismayed that it did not live up to it's hype. The appointments of the hotel were exquisite but follow through with service was very lacking. The first night the fire alarm went off at 5pm for a test. Then it came back on for about 6 minutes at 8pm. It was obvious that there was a malfunction in the emergency warning system. Our party had an infant and this was quite distressing to have a high pitched alarm going off so long. The next evening the alarm went off again at 2:45am, telling us to evacuate the building. We were on the 17th floor with 3 adults and an infant and were wondering if this was again a malfunction or should we negotiate 17 flights of stairs. As we entered the stairwell it was apparent there was much confusion and we were able to reach the Bell desk who told us to stay in our room. Just as we settled everyone back in the alarm went off again and this time stayed on for one hour and 20 minutes, filling the suite with a loud shrill alarm. At 4:25 am the alarm finally went off. By this time the infant in our party was totally distressed and off schedule as were the adults. We found it unbelievable that someone could not disable the alarm system. If there was a procedure in place for staff, it was not communicated to the guests. What is the policy to communicate with guests in the case of an emergency? The next morning at checkout no mention or apology for the disruption was made to us. A hotel the caliber of Windsor Court should have a policy in place to compensate guests for such a fiasco. This was our last day in New Orleans and we lost out on the activity we had planned as we ended up sleeping late.

We found all staff very courteous but there are obvious gaps in training and follow though. A second family had called ahead two times to request a room near us so that childcare could be coordinated. The request was not honored and the family was placed 7 floors below us. In the room there were no robes and items that ran our were not replaced. Both times we dined at The Grill Room waiters attempted to serve us food that was ordered by another table. It took 15 minutes to bring a cup of coffee to our table the morning after the fire alarm incident. The morning after the alarm it sounded like a saw was running in the room next to us, remodeling? Truly , you have to be kidding. It is the attention to detail in service that sets a truly outstanding establishment apart from others. From other reviews I have read Windsor Court sometimes provides this level of service but our experience was a disappointment.

Our research shows that Windsor Court recently changed hands and perhaps that explains the decline.

1 Thank jgsMom
Dear jgsMom,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I extend to you and your family my deepest apologies that we caused frustration and stress as a result of the fire alarms going off. Our entire team was working diligently behind the scenes to rectify the situation - I am sorry we did not effectively communicate this to you. We continue to investigate what happened that evening to ensure it does not happen again. Please don't hesitate to contact my office directly should you like to share your further thoughts. Again, I am truly sorry for the inconveniences this caused you and hope we can have the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.
Conway, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

In town for a week long conference, checkedin on Sunday evening, room was tidy at best. Found a dirty towel in the bathroom, placed on floor. Day two, realized all of the glassware in the room was dirty and was in the sink washing it with hand soap to be ableto use. Breakfast was overly priced and not very good. day three, realized the luggage rack was broken that my luggage had been put on, no pieces in floor, so was broken previously. Placed in main area and put note on it; still there several days later. Day 3, called down to get another hair dryer as one in room was not working. no answer at front desk.Had to attend meetings with wet hair. Stopped by front desk on way out and let them know about hair dryer, They placed a new one in chair in bedroom, but the old one is still in floor with mynote on it beside the broken luggage rack. Then last night the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. Was a false alarm - that I can accept, but what I cannot accept is that shortly after the test voice alarm in the building hen proceeded to go off for 45 minutes to an hour. When I called to inquire, I was told the engineer had been called and the front desk had no idea what was going on. After several minutesw of the horrible noise, I ventured downstairs to find that only the guest rooms were affected! It was nice and quiet in the lobby. And 20 plus other guests were there as well all laid out on the furniture trying to sleep. If I am not mistaken this was around 3:30 AM. I found a place on the couch and tried to sleep until people started moving back toward the elevators. No one even bothered to go around and let those of us sprawled out on the furniture in the lobby that the alarms were FINALLY OFF. My conference started at 8 am this morning so I attempted to get what little sleep I could. And in this week, the room has been cleaned exactly 1 time that I can tell. I put the do not disturb sign on this morning because I leave tomorrow and why bother at thsi point.
All in all for such a nice looking hotel, looks are verry decieivng! Service is poor and the staff don't appear to care that you are there at all.

Room Tip: If you expect good service, don't stay here
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KellyIT
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear KellyIT,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so terribly disappointed we missed the mark on many aspects of your stay and I can't tell you how truly sorry I am not only for that, but that we caused frustration and stress as a result of the fire alarms going off. Our entire team was working diligently behind the scenes to rectify the situation. I am sorry we did not effectively communicate this to you. We continue to investigate what happened that evening to ensure it does not happen again. Please don't hesitate to contact my office directly should you like to share your further thoughts. Again, I extend my deepest apologies for the inconveniences this caused you and hope we can have the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.