New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Mansfield, Texas
“Wonderful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Overall - We stayed here for 4 nights over the Thanksgiving weekend and things could not have been better. Wonderful, courteous and professional staff.

Location - Great location and beautiful property. We walked across Canal to the French Quarter every time we went except for supper one night and we took a cab to the Rib Room that cost us $6.50 + tip.

Room - Comfortable bed...stayed in room 1315 (king suite) and absolutely no issues (other than you can hear the elevator a little but not a big deal at all). Great shower and plenty of room.

Spa - Reserved a 110 minute massage for the wife on Thanksgiving day at the Hotel Spa went off without a hitch - very professional.

Hotel restaurant/bar - We didn't eat any meals at the hotel but did listen to music in the Polo Club Lounge and the environment was a nice change of pace from the craziness of the French Quarter. Drinks are a little pricey but you're staying at a nice place and I guess that is to be expected.

Concierge - Very professional and helpful. They were able to get us reservations for dinner every time we requested.

Front desk - Quick checkin and checkout (my bill upon checkout was perfect...no issues with charges at all).

When we arrived on Wednesday afternoon the hotel was decorating the Christmas tree in the lobby. It is real and large (brought from Michigan I think they said) and nicely decorated...great picture opportunity.

Will certainly make this our New Orleans "go-to" place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Steve K,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on your recent experience here in New Orleans and at the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable holiday weekend and that we could be a part of that. Thank you for making Windsor Court your new 'go-to' place to stay in New Orleans. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back here with us in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were upgraded upon check-in to a full suite upon check-in, as was my sister in law . We were delighted to see such lovely appointments to the suite and I was looking forward to a nice rest on the comfortable bedding and fantastic down pillow! It was her first trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court made it memorable for her. We had Thanksgiving dinner in The Grill Room and I am still reveling in the delicious meal that we enjoyed that night in very elegant surroundings. The service in the restaurant as well as the hotel staff left nothing to be desired. We were even able to take our poodle as Windsor Court is pet friendly.
In the past I had favored a hotel in the French Quarter but now I have a new favorite in WIndsor Court.

Room Tip: Higher floors should have less street noise but I still rested well. It is pet friendly for travele...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Celticcutie,

Thank you for writing about your Thanksgiving experience here with us. I am so pleased to hear that Windsor Court could be a part of your family's holiday tradition this year. Thank you for choosing to spend it with us. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back here with us again soon!
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The rooms here are beautiful. I started off my conference here with a little trouble - I was given a uncleaned room upon arrival and was then switched to a room with some bathroom troubles...a faucet that was barely hanging on and a leak in the ceiling above my shower, but this place was worth the stay. Superbly decorated - and very roomy. Balcony's were a great touch. I did have breakfast with a fellow conference attendee who said that she found a cockroach on her bed in her room, which completely freaked me out, but I did hear that this is very common in NOLA once the temperatures begin to drop. Regardless, the story did keep me up the following night, but my room seemed to stay roach-free.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Katie P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay in New Orleans. I apologize that the start to your visit did not get kicked off well as this is certainly not up to our standards; however, I am happy to hear that, overall, you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. I will definitely be addressing the challenges you mentioned with the rest of our team. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am currently staying at the Windsor for the weekend and have been surprised and disappointed. Although the staff is very friendly and the suite is nice, the service is really lacking. For example, today my husband and I returned from a day walking around town at 4:30 pm, and the room has still not been serviced by housekeeping. We called and asked if housekeeping could at least bring up some clean towels so that we can get dressed for dinner. The person who answered the call was very nice and very apologetic and said someone would be right up, but an hour later no one has arrived. Not what I expected from a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear TaraHB,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our hotel. I am extremely disappointed to hear about your housekeeping experience during your visit with us and I hope you can accept our apologies for letting you down.

If you are still staying with us, please contact my office so that I can find out where you're staying and address the problem immediately. This type of service is certainly not the norm, nor is it acceptable.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for the stay you expect and deserve.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Windsor Court is a jewel on the edge of the French Quarter, nestled close to Harrah's Casino. In a city filled with jazz, laughter and all sorts of commotion, the Windsor Court is an oasis of calm tranquility. The staff are long-time New Orleans people; when they give you a recommendation, it's going to be a good one. The concierge department is expecially friendly and helpful.

My next trip to N.O, (which I hope is soon) will include reservations at the Windsor Court.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the river side at least 10 floors up, it provides a great view of the Mississi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear boudin,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations, service and location and that it contributed to a memorable stay in our great city. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with others and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
charlstonsc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

lovely bar/club. went for a pre-dinner drink before our reservations at August restaurant across the street. good service, nice atmosphere and relaxing live music. pricey, but worth it and in retrospect, wish we would have just stayed here and ate more of there nuts/snacks with our drinks instead of spending major bucks at August !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kim W
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear kimjohnjuly,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Polo Club Lounge. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere, the Polo Club Lounge is so legendary for. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable evening on your next visit to New Orleans!
Lynbrook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

In October my two sisters and three cousins decided to have our yearly weekend away in New Orleans. Two of the six of us had been there before. The Windsor Court was highly rated and we weren't disappointed. We had comfortable suites, service was very good. If there is any room for improvement it would be that from the beginning we were to be three people in each room. The room was serviced for two. I don't think that should be difficult to know how many of a party are arriving. We had to call for additional of everything. Towels, face clothes, slippers, coffee mug, glasses, everything. I think that would show great attention to detail. The only other issue would be we had asked a woman at the concierge desk to make a reservation for us. She never called to let us know if we had a reservation. I don't think either of these issues would have me change my rating from excellent to very good because overall this is better than very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear palomino62,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am delighted to hear we could be a part of your annual family get together; however, I apologize for a couple of the shortcomings you experienced. These experiences are certainly not indicative of the service we are able to provide, so I will ensure these departments are addressed appropriately. We appreciate your past and future patronage and look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another memorable stay.