“Perfect location to enjoy the big easy”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #6 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Within walking distance to the quarter - the casino - impeccable service - the jr. Suite is perfect - roomy great shower - highly recommended-- the high tea was a perfect way to spend a few hours after a long walk along the river - nice lounge area for a nightcap - enjoy

• Stayed: September 2012
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear lea18,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient locale and our wonderful food and beverage offerings. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay and look forward to having you here with us for another enjoyable visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed the weekend of 9/7 in a full suite. Great service, great food and beverage options, beautiful hotel. The much-needed recent renovations have updated the rooms to modern standards while still maintaining the old world elegance. The full suite easily accommodated 4 women on a "girls trip" with lots of space for getting ready. Great location in walking distance to the French Quarter but still far enough to be quiet. Very near to Harrah's if that's your thing. I would recommend to anyone. I frequently stay in New Orleans and this is one of my favorites hotels. We also got a great summer rate for this room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear NDB14,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit to the Windsor Court for your girls' getaway. We know there are many wonderful hotels in New Orleans and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us for this occasion. I am happy to hear we did not disappoint and that you had a nice stay and memorable visit to the city. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back here with us again soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We just returned from a 4 night stay in this hotel. It is very well located and extremely comfortable. I wish that I could remember the names of all of the staff who welcomed us but suffice it to say that all staff members without exception were courteous and welcoming. The room was large and well appointed. We enjoyed a daily breakfast and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Travelat50,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am delighted to hear you found our staff to be welcoming and our accommodations to be comfortable for your 4 night stay with us. Thank you for your recommendation. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back here with us soon!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed at more than a dozen hotels in New Orleans most of them very nice.
None come even close to the Windsor court.
The amenities are great,the rooms beautiful and the service is very close to perfect.

Room Tip: The rooms that end in 11 and 15 are nice but there are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rick C

Dear Rick C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience to the Windsor Court. We appreciate your loyalty and recommendation and look forward to continuing to welcome you here for more great stays!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I spent four nights at Windsor Court on vacation and loved every minute I was there. Three points that might have affected my experience: 1) I live in a suburb of New Orleans, so I did not need or use the concierge because I already knew my way around; 2) I stayed during the week, when there were fewer guests, possibly making it easier for me to get exemplary service; and 3) I found a terrific deal on the hotel's web site, getting a full suite for half the regular price, as well as a $50/night spending voucher that could be used for just about any of their services (spa, boutique, restaurants, etc.). The hotel was perfectly located for my plans, with museums, restaurants and lots of shopping all within easy walking distance. My suite was beautiful, with a full living room. a large separate bedroom, a large bay window and even a balcony. After my initial delighted surprise over how lovely my room was, I admit some skepticism set in - did they put me in one of their less stellar rooms since I was there on a discount? So I looked closely at EVERYTHING - and it was all perfect. Spotlessly clean; everything worked, from the Keurig coffee maker to the wireless internet; and no evidence of wear and tear. The only sign that it might not be one of their finest suites was the view from the balcony - neighboring rooftops, not the river. Still. attractive at night. And the room was so quiet that I didn't realize the city was tearing up a sidewalk outside until I opened the sliding door and walked out onto the balcony. A personal note: I prefer privacy when I travel. I don't want staff hovering over me every time I step out the door. So I appreciated the discretion of the Windsor Court staff - they responded immediately to my occasional requests, greeted me with a friendly hello when I passed through the lobby or encountered them in the hall/elevator, and pretty much let me do my own thing the rest of the time. Overall, I felt like I was staying in a luxury home with the benefit of exquisite service just by picking up the phone. Not to mention a praline on my nightstand every evening when I got home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank cjl200
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear cjl200,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. We are so happy to hear you not only enjoyed our amenities and furnishings, but our central location as well. We look forward to welcoming you back here with us for another memorable stay!

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel 7/14/12 for his Birthday. Our stay was nice the rooms are nice with older antique design. The atmosphere was very elegant. The location was wonderful next door to the casino and a few blocks from bourbon/canal- awesome.. we enjoyed our pedi-Cab driver which made our stay in the City more fun.

• Stayed: July 2012
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Missbritt86,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience to our hotel this summer. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our furnishings and that our location was just right to take advantage of all the city has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another fun and memorable stay!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I spent a long Labor Day weekend with my family at the Windsor Court, my second visit to this hotel in the last few years. Overall, we enjoyed the weekend but I have to agree with some of the other reviews that describe the Windsor Court as declining in elegance and cleanliness.
The lobby area is large and pretty, with flowers and a nice lobby bar European style lobby bar. The second floor has a nice bar and had live music every night we were there. The salt water swimming pool and spa are very nice (although the neighboring buildings cut the sun exposure to the pool area to 3-4 hours per day).
Our room was not what I expected. We had a junior suite that looked very tired, had marks on the carpeting and overall just felt a little dirty. The air conditioning vents in our suite were filthy, caked with dust that could have easily been removed. The lock to the front door was loose. And in the entire suite, the only mirror was the one over the sink in the bathroom (housekeeping did send us a small makeup mirror when I asked). Just not what I expected for the reputation and the rate we paid.
And speaking of the rate, I booked through their website. I ended up making and canceling our reservations 3 times as every time I went back online they had a different deal that was not posted previously (I saved several hundred dollars for the stay by canceling and rebooking).
We did have a lovely Sunday brunch on the second floor and the staff and management treated us very well.
I like this hotel. I hope they turn things around and get back to their former elegance and decor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TulaAtlanta
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear TulaAtlanta,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. We appreciate your patronage through the years and are sorry we did not live up to your expectations on this stay. The hotel is constantly assessing what we can do to improve our services and amenities and we take comments like yours very seriously. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team so that we can continue to improve our offerings. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to provide you with that special experience you expect and deserve.