1,895 results
All reviews floor lobby green bar heavenly bed great location french quarter rooftop pool a river view room starbucks coffee harrah's casino bourbon street hotel lobby parking garage self park guest rooms convention center shower head cafe du
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Fantastic hotel... lobby with the most magnificent view of the Mississippi river... wonderful staff!!! Hotel was just a few blocks away from the French Quarters, Jackson Square, Cafe Du Monde and the River bend!!One can hear Dixie music played by the Natchez ( Mark Twain) boat on Sunday mornings as soon as you step out from the hotel... I miss New Orleans already...I will definitely go back to this city and stay in this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Even if your room has no view.. the magnificent lobby at the 11th floor of the hotel will give you an awesome view of the vast Mississippi river!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I am a New Orleans native and think I have stayed at every hotel downtown over the years. I was very disappointed with the Westin on this trip. The staff was friendly and helpful and the lobby is beautiful with amazing views of the river. However, the elevators were apparently unairconditioned, and only two seemed to be working, causing long waits and packed elevators. On the guest room floors, the elevator lobby and hallway carpets were horribly stained and discolored. The ice maker on our floor was not working and the catch drain was growing something nasty. The hallways were long and bare and kind of creepy - I didn't feel totally secure. The room itself was spacious and comfortable, as was the bathroom. However, until some upgrades are done to the hallways above the lobby, I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cotton77025
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Not all that cracked up to b..parking was horrible. .was not explain that the parking lot was not theres we sent 80bucks in parkin. .construction went on in another room. .geez never again..also they charge 200 for incidentals crazy...

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I will be staying later this year but had a conflict with my non-refundable reservation due to an unplanned change in my flights. Volker, who I believe to be the front desk manager, went out of his way to try to accommodate our changes. He was under no contractual obligation to do so and was helpful out of sheer goodwill. It's little niceties in service like this that I rarely experience anymore so I'm really looking forward to our upcoming visit if Volker's helpfulness typifies the service ethic of the hotel staff. Well done!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Canal Place for a short weekend conference. Was skeptical at first because its so big, but boy was I surprised. The staff have outstanding attention to detail from the moment you walk in, and are willing to go the extra mile for any reasonable request.

The restaurant has a new chef and I would recommend their pizzas if you need to have something quick for lunch, but definitely go into NOLA for dinner.

My room was excellent, ask for a corner room if one is available facing the water. The roof pool has spectacular views of the city. Bourbon St. is only a short walk, as are some of the finer restaurants in the business/warehouse district.

Enjoy your stay, I sure did.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business