1,821 results
All reviewsfloor lobbygreen barheavenly bedgreat locationfrench quarterrooftop poola river view roomstarbucks coffeeharrah's casinobourbon streethotel lobbyparking garageself parkguest roomsconvention centershower headcafe du
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I will be staying later this year but had a conflict with my non-refundable reservation due to an unplanned change in my flights. Volker, who I believe to be the front desk manager, went out of his way to try to accommodate our changes. He was under no contractual obligation to do so and was helpful out of sheer goodwill. It's little niceties in service like this that I rarely experience anymore so I'm really looking forward to our upcoming visit if Volker's helpfulness typifies the service ethic of the hotel staff. Well done!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Canal Place for a short weekend conference. Was skeptical at first because its so big, but boy was I surprised. The staff have outstanding attention to detail from the moment you walk in, and are willing to go the extra mile for any reasonable request.

The restaurant has a new chef and I would recommend their pizzas if you need to have something quick for lunch, but definitely go into NOLA for dinner.

My room was excellent, ask for a corner room if one is available facing the water. The roof pool has spectacular views of the city. Bourbon St. is only a short walk, as are some of the finer restaurants in the business/warehouse district.

Enjoy your stay, I sure did.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BryanDC
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I found it to be over price buy their locations excellent if you want to explore the French Quarterservice was last than par what they were not be supplying the a coffee products that way it was supposed to be. In yhe to be pressure to make the Hotel greener they are withdrawing from provider services are considered to be basic for this quality and expectations there will be no repeat trip

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited New Orleans for a conference and stayed where we needed to Thought since this was a name brand hotel (and not a cheap one at that) it would be wonderful. We always take our suits but I wouldn't have gotten into the pool if you paid me. First, to get to the pool you have to get off the elevator and walk up a flight. Overhead pipes, dark, dingy, musty and dank. Our second night we were awake from 10:30 - 3:30 because of a large family reunion that apparently took place in the room across from us and in the hallway. We called the desk three times, never heard security address the problem. Complained upon checkout and was told our bill would be adjusted, it wasn't.
Gave us a bad taste for Westin.

Room Tip: Talk to the bellmen, they know where to eat.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CaroleSP0816
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel staff seemed overwhelmed at times. One night we got a knock at our door (after we were asleep) and were told upon opening the door that they showed we were supposed to have checked out! (Not so...) The next day, our room keys would not work...and there were no hand towels or face cloths in our room after it was serviced. We were told by the housekeeping staff that they didn't have any that day...what? Finally got them but it just didn't seem to be up to Westin standards. The location was great and we found a decent parking place near an elevator in the multi-level parking garage. We ate one meal in the restaurant and it was nice but, of course, pricey. I will say that they tried to redeem themselves by sending up a bottle of house wine and a nice note. I just don't think we'd stay there again. Too little for too much $$..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple